Login

russian armor

Brits Release Ninjas

3 Sep 2015, 10:41 AM

:guyokay: wtf how da hell can u nerf IL2 it was under performing
3 Sep 2015, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 10:36 AMCruzz

Now for the sad part, I really need to apologize this but the Plane Kamikaze was completely my mistake. I had set my file filters to remove the wrong file, what Relic ended up changing in the Brit trials (and subsequently in this patch, though there are some changes to the actual plane crashes too here) was the SINGLEPLAYER plane crash files, and I just failed to check this because I thought they wouldn't be messing around with any singleplayer files in general.

So in the trials patch they had no changes to multiplayer plane crashes. In this patch they do have in the form of the aoe modifications. IL-2 plane crash (used for all allied plane crashes) distance values are going from 3.75/5.625/7.5 to 1.5/3/4.5 meaning the damaging part of the aoe is a lot smaller. The same changes are in for the Axis stuka plane crash, except they also increase the mid damage modifier so Axis plane crashes hurt a lot more if they do crash nearby compared to allied planes. But still less than in previous live versions.

Thanks for clarifying.
3 Sep 2015, 11:00 AM
Donator 33

ML-20 nerf, i cant understand it, but the IL-2 nerf...i guess Relic thinks it should only be used for "Suppresesing the enemy infantry", so its *Working as intended*
3 Sep 2015, 11:06 AM

THX Cruzz but we have already the patch notes

LeL LeL
3 Sep 2015, 11:14 AM

Added a couple of extra weapons to the changed list:

Sturmtiger aoe distance from 2.5/5/7.5 to 2/4/6, damage far modifier from 0.3 to 0.05 (decent nerf)

Ostheer Fragmentation bombs aoe distance 3/4.5/6 to 3/6/9, mid damage from 0.15 to 0.35 (large buff)

Stuka bomb strike aoe distance from 3.75/5.625/7.5 to 3.75/7.5/11.25, mid damage from 0.15 to 0.35 (large buff)
3 Sep 2015, 11:15 AM

'The LeFH may not do as much damage as some soviet artillery pieces, but it makes up for it with decent range and a faster rate of fire.'

Might need to change that unit description.
3 Sep 2015, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 11:15 AMJonky
'The LeFH do as much damage as some soviet artillery pieces, but it makes up for it with decent range and a faster rate of fire.'

Fixed :guyokay:
3 Sep 2015, 11:31 AM

All these changes are really peculiar. Why is Relic stealth nerfing virtually a very large number of of explosive weapons?
3 Sep 2015, 11:36 AM
Donator 11

It is part of the aoe changes flagged in the patch notes - some of it is reduce squad wipes I guess and others to offset other changes (increased accuracy) to weapons. Don't forget aoe always hits now and just has to penetrate to damage (I think). i believe penetration is now the same as the weapon firing the projectile. Not sure how this works with grenades
3 Sep 2015, 12:04 PM

So Grenadiere get those rec acc modifier and have now 81% rec acc?
3 Sep 2015, 12:12 PM

Fixed :guyokay:

I can see Relics balance designer now...

'What? The Ostheer howitzer does less damage than the Soviets?' he flings his cup at the lead programmers head. 'What do you think you are doing man!? Do you not know about Krupp Steel?!'

'B..b..but sir, it's just a 10.5cm artillery piece...and the unit description...'

'Bugger the unit description you blithering idiot!' the balance designer cries, pieces of bratwurst flying from his mouth. 'Buff the LeFH immediately, nerf the ML-20 as far below it as you can get away with. Some of the community has been complaining, we'll get away with it.'

'Yes sir, right away sir,' says the programmer, bowing repeatedly as he backs towards the door.

'Not so fast,' the balance designer mutters, freezing the programmer mid bow. 'There must be some other things we can change around or throw in.' He snaps his fingers. 'That's it! Buff the luftwaffe strafes and nerf the allied ones; we all know the glorious luftwaffe was far superior, I bet they could even cause more damage crashing their planes than allied pilots!' He falls to the ground, laughing maniacally as the programmer looks on in horror. At last he stops, reaching for a schnitzel before continuing.

'This new faction for the axis...It is...Sufficiently powerful yes?'

'F...f...for the axis my lord?' whispers the programmer. 'The uh...the UKF are an allied faction...we thought...'

'You what?' The balance designers knuckles turn white, crushing the schnitzel in his hands like an american body beneath the tracked wheels of Krupp Steel. 'You what?!' He shouted, voice echoing in the hall.

'We thought the designs were great sir, a late game armour faction for the allies to match some of the late axis armour pieces...'

The balance designer turns and rushes towards the programmer screaming at the top of his voice: 'Krupp steel! Krupp steel!' He shook the programmer in his arms. 'Krupp steel you idiot! It was supposed to be an axis faction! Why would we give any allied faction such tools? Do you want to destroy this game?'

The programmer fell down blubbering. 'I'm sorry my lord, but it's already been released. What can I do?'

There was a deep sigh.

'It's too late to change sides now.' He turned away and closed his eyes for a moment. 'Give it a few weeks, then begin systematically nerfing everything that even compares to the beautiful armour of our axis factions. Do I make myself clear?'

'Y...yes m...mein fuhrer,' sobbed the programmer, crawling from the room.

The balance designer walked back towards his throne, clasping his hands together. Soon all would be as it should have been. Soon they would all see the might of how it was. He began to rub his small, narrow moustache in glee.

3 Sep 2015, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 11:15 AMJonky
'The LeFH may not do as much damage as some soviet artillery pieces, but it makes up for it with decent range and a faster rate of fire.'

Might need to change that unit description.

sure if you are still playing with an outdated version then sure your right,BUT the ml-20 got nerfed and is inferior to the LeFH for NO REASON
3 Sep 2015, 12:50 PM

sure if you are still playing with an outdated version then sure your right,BUT the ml-20 got nerfed and is inferior to the LeFH for NO REASON

Bigger gun=weaker performance

#reliclogic :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
3 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

There is another ninja change that Cruzz didn't mention, a neat one actually. It was in the Alpha but was left out until now. Any abandoned or unoccupied vehicle with visible crews, that is crewed by a squad, will use that squad's model. So if the driver of the Kubelwagen bails and Conscripts hop in, the Kubelwagen will be driven and gunned by Conscripts for the rest of its (probably short) life.

You know what that means?

3 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 12:12 PMJonky

I can see Relics balance designer now...

'What? The Ostheer howitzer does less damage than the Soviets?' he flings his cup at the lead programmers head. 'What do you think you are doing man!? Do you not know about Krupp Steel?!'

'B..b..but sir, it's just a 10.5cm artillery piece...and the unit description...'

'Bugger the unit description you blithering idiot!' the balance designer cries, pieces of bratwurst flying from his mouth. 'Buff the LeFH immediately, nerf the ML-20 as far below it as you can get away with. Some of the community has been complaining, we'll get away with it.'

'Yes sir, right away sir,' says the programmer, bowing repeatedly as he backs towards the door.

'Not so fast,' the balance designer mutters, freezing the programmer mid bow. 'There must be some other things we can change around or throw in.' He snaps his fingers. 'That's it! Buff the luftwaffe strafes and nerf the allied ones; we all know the glorious luftwaffe was far superior, I bet they could even cause more damage crashing their planes than allied pilots!' He falls to the ground, laughing maniacally as the programmer looks on in horror. At last he stops, reaching for a schnitzel before continuing.

'This new faction for the axis...It is...Sufficiently powerful yes?'

'F...f...for the axis my lord?' whispers the programmer. 'The uh...the UKF are an allied faction...we thought...'

'You what?' The balance designers knuckles turn white, crushing the schnitzel in his hands like an american body beneath the tracked wheels of Krupp Steel. 'You what?!' He shouted, voice echoing in the hall.

'We thought the designs were great sir, a late game armour faction for the allies to match some of the late axis armour pieces...'

The balance designer turned and began striding towards the programmer screaming at the top of his voice: 'Krupp steel! Krupp steel!' He shook the programmer in his arms. 'Krupp steel you idiot! It was supposed to be an axis faction! Why would we give any allied faction such tools? Do you want to destroy this game?'

The programmer fell down blubbering. 'I'm sorry my lord, but it's already been released. What can I do?'

There was a deep sigh.

'It's too late to change sides now.' He turned away and closed his eyes for a moment. 'Give it a few weeks, then begin systematically nerfing everything that even compares to the beautiful armour of our axis factions. Do I make myself clear?'

'Y...yes m...mein fuhrer,' sobbed the programmer, crawling from the room.

The balance designer turned, clasping his hands together. Soon all would be as it should have been. Soon they would all see the might of how it was. He began to rub his small, narrow moustache in glee.

Such gold.
3 Sep 2015, 13:17 PM

Dat valentine nerf though, damage halved :(
3 Sep 2015, 13:19 PM

Bigger gun=weaker performance

#reliclogic :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

then make railway arty 1 shot the hq pls, 800mm of pure performance
3 Sep 2015, 13:31 PM
Donator 11

We are playing with an old build it looks like
3 Sep 2015, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 10:36 AMCruzz

Ok...so ML-20 base damage went from 300 to 160 and it's aoe damage modifiers went from 0.35/0.1 to 0.15/0.05. Basically the radius in which it can kill a full health infantry model went from 4.6 radius to 3.17 radius.

Meanwhile the LEFH's kill radius is now 4. So the LEFH fires faster, is way less likely to get wiped by an offmap, and it does the same or more damage at every point in the aoe. And this is fine?

Yes. ML20 was OP in last patch, now it's LeFH's turn. (Based on Relic's habit, Things have to be OP in turns)
aaa
3 Sep 2015, 13:43 PM

how can I test units? fastest way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment