Login

russian armor

Brits first impressions (post here)

PAGES (10)down
1 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 14:43 PMBurts
]

Wrong. The AVRE and ST both deal same damage (640)

640 is enough health to oneshot most medium tanks t-34/76, PIV, sherman, cromwell, etc etc.

It is not enough to oneshot panthers or t-34/85s (they have 800 heals)

And no, the churchill has 1500 HP , you need 5 jagdtiger shots to kill it.

The sturmtiger has more range than the AVRE, and this is a big, big bonus since you can shoot it without the enemy knowing it is there.

AVRE has the same range as infantry sight range (35) meaning you cannot ambush stuff with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8bT_97dOQ

LOL what were you saying sorry?
1 Sep 2015, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 14:56 PMCorsin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8bT_97dOQ

LOL what were you saying sorry?

Look at the panther. It wasn't full HP. The AVRE and Sturmtiger both deal the same damage. I dont understand why you are trying to prove otherwise.

Also, the AVRE only has 50% chance to pen the panthers front armor.

Anyways, IMO both the sturmtiger and AVRE are OP.

The AVRE just could use a range decrease to 30. Infantry sight range is 35, meaning you have slightly more time to reposition your stuff.

The sturmtiger should get a range decreas to 35 or 40. Alternatively remove the ability to shoot trough buildings.

1 Sep 2015, 15:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Played 6 games or so as axis vs Brits since its 100% searching as Brits mostly. Played maybe 2 OKish players in those games but it was still not a good measurement. The one thing that was funny was the Churchill though. I had the entire map and a Panther and PAK and he drove it to my base and I proceeded to pound on it for what seemed like forever to kill the damn thing lol. 1600 HP may be a bit much...
1 Sep 2015, 15:14 PM

Fanboyism the post. You insult fanboys then pretty much admit to being a die hard fan boy.

You could just not take this so seriously, If it really ruins the game for you that much then just play Brits.

I mean you say OKW are your favourite faction but if the Brits are so amazing and OKW are terrible then why love them so much? Because you're locked into a one faction only mindset.

Also kind of funny you talking about how you can check out user history, when your posts are all pretty extreme fanboyism.

other than the rage and abuse what did i said which is wrong...have you not played brits then do yourself a favour play okw against brit then come back...my problem is that relic sold us the lie of okw being elite
1 Sep 2015, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 14:57 PMBurts

Look at the panther. It wasn't full HP. The AVRE and Sturmtiger both deal the same damage. I dont understand why you are trying to prove otherwise.

Also, the AVRE only has 50% chance to pen the panthers front armor.

Anyways, IMO both the sturmtiger and AVRE are OP.

The AVRE just could use a range decrease to 30. Infantry sight range is 35, meaning you have slightly more time to reposition your stuff.

The sturmtiger should get a range decreas to 35 or 40. Alternatively remove the ability to shoot trough buildings.

but buddy avre costs less and have more armor and hp does need to reload like sturmtiger that is immoblized and gets abandoned on being hit....sturmtiger doesn't have 360 rotation and Veterancy Levels:

Rank 1 – Crew experience allows for faster reloading of the powerful Petard mortar.
Rank 2 – Veteran crews can maneuver the vehicle more quickly and aim the turret faster.
Rank 3 – The Petard mortar is fitted with an even higher yield of explosives and creates a firestorm when it explodes. Additionally, the crew will repair engine-related criticals on their own after a short time.
and even after that sturmtiger is getting aoe reduced in next patch to same as avre....although i agree that both the units should get their range decrease and maybe a total redesign if neceesary
1 Sep 2015, 15:28 PM

other than the rage and abuse what did i said which is wrong...have you not played brits then do yourself a favour play okw against brit then come back...my problem is that relic sold us the lie of okw being elite

I would hardly say the trial is a complete estimate of how it will play out but regardless, in my posts I never claimed OKW don't have problems vs the Brits. I actually think OKW will have problems vs the Brits and balance and general changes will need to be made.

My post was completely aimed at your mentality. All you ever do on this forum is bitch about other factions and OKW being to weak.

Just chill out, enjoy the game and if you are completely dead set on only playing OKW, then just have fun in the trial experimenting on how to beat the Brits.
1 Sep 2015, 15:29 PM

I have not been able to play Brits in the free trial yet, but I made a topic about the AVRE in the Alpha Forums (Katitof, I think you were the one to reply and disagree with me). If they havent changed much, as many of you stated, I'd still argue that it is performing too well.

Cheaper than the ST? Yeah. Does it still come with two Infantry squads for the cheaper price?

Well, other points that make it incredibly good have already been mentioned (faster and safer reload, higher armor, rotatable turret etc.), so I don't want to grind on these points.
I just want to make a prediction that the AVRE will be toned down a tad in further patches.
1 Sep 2015, 15:31 PM

No insult intended, but I think a lot of these comments might look differently when ppl have had time to play more.

In any case, I can see from the teamgames I have tried so far, that my chance of winning a game increases noteworthy, if one or more of my teammates drop out and get replaced by AI. It was a turn-around more than once. This goes for the British side as well as the axis side....

I'm guessing many of us have not yet spotted and gotten used to the many specific details that make a solid, efficient strategy.

So keep calm and spam games...
1 Sep 2015, 15:38 PM

I would hardly say the trial is a complete estimate of how it will play out but regardless, in my posts I never claimed OKW don't have problems vs the Brits. I actually think OKW will have problems vs the Brits and balance and general changes will need to be made.

My post was completely aimed at your mentality. All you ever do on this forum is bitch about other factions and OKW being to weak.

Just chill out, enjoy the game and if you are completely dead set on only playing OKW, then just have fun in the trial experimenting on how to beat the Brits.

everyone bitches here.....the point is i did not bought coh2 until wfa came out i solely bought it for just okw because they have my fav historical units now and those being ridiculed like that pains me....and hyperbole and aggression is a common thing in internet get used to it....my post maybe bit aggresive but behind the scene m the most chilled motherfucka around
1 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

Brits camping in buildings at cutoffs when playing as OKW is really tiring :snfBarton: and if that flame hetzer will be the only OKW flame option not counting things like flame stuka barrage i'm done :snfPeter:
1 Sep 2015, 15:40 PM
Donator 11

1 Sep 2015, 15:45 PM

No insult intended, but I think a lot of these comments might look differently when ppl have had time to play more.

I'm guessing many of us have not yet spotted and gotten used to the many specific details that make a solid, efficient strategy.

So keep calm and spam games...

+1 For someone who wasn't in the Alpha it took me a few games to get a feel for how to handle Tommies and to realize that trying to run them like Soviet Con-spam was a bad idea lol

That, and I'm pretty sure that Target Tables aren't active in the Free Trial and can potentially affect quite a few units (Ost. Sniper vs. Tommies comes to mind especially)

Naturally there will be a few tweaks in the coming months as I was really underwhelmed by the 25 Pounder Accuracy and PIATS particularly and wouldn't be surprised if the AVRE and Commando get toned down a bit but everything is still super new and almost everyone is still in that knee-jerk reaction stage but that's just my 2 cents.
1 Sep 2015, 16:03 PM

Invised one post for going crazy. Try to stay constructive guys.
1 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM

everyone bitches here.....the point is i did not bought coh2 until wfa came out i solely bought it for just okw because they have my fav historical units now and those being ridiculed like that pains me....and hyperbole and aggression is a common thing in internet get used to it....my post maybe bit aggresive but behind the scene m the most chilled motherfucka around

Someone who gets this annoyed and acts this childish about a video game, I find hard to believe is actually really chilled out.

If you're that die hard to OKW, wait for Brits to actually properly come out, practice playing against them and just wait for changes that will come.
1 Sep 2015, 16:15 PM

Someone who gets this annoyed and acts this childish about a video game, I find hard to believe is actually really chilled out.

If you're that die hard to OKW, wait for Brits to actually properly come out, practice playing against them and just wait for changes that will come.

you know mate have a good day ! that's all i have to say
1 Sep 2015, 16:18 PM
Donator 22

Invisied post 163 for quoting a post disrespectful to Relic.
1 Sep 2015, 19:49 PM

it takes some time to get adapt to brit forces they require a lot of green cover to be very effective ^^ !! but i played on alpha and on the 3 weak update was prity balance faction a bit strong still just a heavy bleed on mp on brit side but if you are a skillful player go hard like jesulin double sniper and vickers ^^ should help you on the early game but in my opinion overall it's the most balanced DLC !! just my opinion !!

umm about the ost. sniper on the alpha just kill 1 model and inflict damage on tommy's not like the cons in sov that get 3 models kills and immediate retreat or get snipe hard !! but i didn't try this actual version " free trial" so not sure if they change a lot from alpha to the free version ! but its a new faction so its normal if you cannot control or getting a loss in match so just chill guys and have fun its a !!!dam game !!
1 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM
Patrion 310

Infantry Sections with vet and double brens do a sick amount of damage but it can be hard getting there. Some maps are much better (EG urban maps, lots of cover). Wide open maps will be a different story and I guess will require lots of sandbags until mid - late game.

Commandos have too much DPS although they are expensive to call in. I think their damage modifier when shooting from camo needs to be adjusted.
1 Sep 2015, 20:58 PM

Is there really no way to decomission emplacements?

They take up hughe amounts of popcap, and if one of them goes obsolete, there's no (simple) way to get rid of it.

I had to mortar and tank attack a Bofors to get rid of it. Took lots of time.

Why not let the delete button do the trick? I'm not even asking for a MP return.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS