Login

russian armor

Brits first impressions (post here)

PAGES (10)down
1 Sep 2015, 10:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Churchill clearly needs it's armor or health nerfed a bit, panther vet3 did some damage but if a churchill is packed with a firefly its getting really messy. So i built a pak43 to try and see how those british tanks would fall, for my astonishment 1 shot from it took 15% health from a vet2 Churchill !? and then the air raid instantly killed my pak43, so it's not worth building it.
1 Sep 2015, 10:57 AM

Some stats just to give people and idea of what they are dealing with:

-British LMG's are inverse to normal LMG's, they do better DPS as you get close.

are you sure about that? I've check the dps on the tommies' lmg and it act like the lmg42/34/m1919a6
1 Sep 2015, 10:59 AM

If Churchill have FF support, then we're talking over 1000 mp and over 300 fuel against ~500mp and 175 fuel. How is that an argument?

Also, Churchill's counters are fast firing at weapons, panther doesn't perform well against it, StuGs hardcounter it so much that its not even funny.

Churchill is a slow damage sponge, you hardcounter it with multiple fast firing units, not the big guns.
1 Sep 2015, 11:16 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Ok Kat, i will make this even more clear, even paks didn't do much against it. Paks supported panthers, command tank gave defensive bonuses, but i just couldn't damage the churchill enough.

Why do i feel like now you're going to come up with a new argument to make me look silly. Yes i struggled late game vs those tanks, but why did my pak43 do only 15% damage with 1 shot? it takes out shermans in 2 shots. Is it KT for british with a shittier gun?
1 Sep 2015, 11:22 AM

I'm not.

I'll just stick to my experience after playing 2 WEEKS with brits and say that a pair of stugs rips it apart.

Churchill MK VII was better armored then Tiger.
Relic portrayed it by giving it lower armor and higher HP poll, given all penetrating shots, Churchill can take 3 more then Tiger while having incomparably worse main gun performance.

Not as imbalanced as you can think.

And PaK43 deals about 25% of its HP unless it uses its smoke or is under influence of command vehicle.
1 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM

As much as I grumbled about the Bren Gun Carrier back in CoH:OF and the scout car in CoH2 but the UC REALLY needs a buff, it has no role, to too expensive to be a sniper counter, too slow to harass and too low in armour to assist during early skirmishes. Relic needs to pick a role and buff it in that area...
1 Sep 2015, 11:52 AM

Might as well share my impressions too.

Bren Carrier

I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't let infantry fire from inside. Shattering my fantasies of having them rush in under smoke cover and letting them decimate support weapons. Ah well... Makes a good capping unit though. I kinda hope we get a Kangaroo in a future commander. :P

Infantry Section

While these infantry are indeed strong, the reinforcement cost is too high. I would have rather had a higher upfront cost (Maybe 320?) in exchange for 30 Manpower per man. I do love the Medical kits though. Definitely improves their durability.

Royal Engineers

I know I shouldn't be expecting them to compare to Sturmpioneers but their firepower leaves more to be desired, especially for being a tier 2 unit. Not being able to build trenches themselves is rather odd. And GOD I miss tank traps! You simply cannot fight on more than one front because of it. The Pop Costs for the emplacements are really high and really shrinks my army's potential. If the Mines they planted were pure AT though (Infantry can't trigger them), it would certainly make up for it.

Scottish Sniper

Now this unit I love! I like to double up on these when I can. Being able to call arty, having fantastic range, decent rate of fire and when teamed up with a Valentine's Observation ability, he has a massive advantage in a Sniper war. Wouldn't change a thing. ;)

Vickers HMG

Finally! An allied HMG that rivals their German counterparts! Sure it has the same weaknesses (Slow set-up speed) but these is ten thousand times better than the CoH1 MG nest. :D

Trench

I gotta wonder why the heck Relic decided to make this a player owned defense rather than an ambient one. I would have loved to support an ally by building these for them. Mind you, it doesn't last very long but it should at least be comparable to the German trench. On a side note, why did Relic decide it was a bug to let mortars fire from inside one? It has a bloody hole on top! :/ OH! And the American .50 Cal fires from them while lying down instead of setting up properly. :P

Cromwell

It was a favourite of mine in CoH1 but it is now a shadow of it's former self. I was hoping for that quick firing, low penetrating, HE shells I loved so much. It seems more geared toward fighting tanks, like nearly everything else seems to be. Plus I suspect the Smoke Shell is bugged. I would sometimes have to order multiple times to use it before it fires. Aggravating to say the least...

I'll share more thoughts on them as I play more. :)
1 Sep 2015, 12:06 PM

First game as axis in a while coz everyone wants to play Brits. Me and my mate played poorly but still managed to stomp the Brits. Dem snipers and turbomortars, lol.
1 Sep 2015, 12:07 PM

Scottish Sniper

Now this unit I love! I like to double up on these when I can. Being able to call arty, having fantastic range, decent rate of fire and when teamed up with a Valentine's Observation ability, he has a massive advantage in a Sniper war. Wouldn't change a thing. ;)

6 seconds recloack time.
For comparison:
Ost sniper 2 secs.
Sov sniper 3 secs.
Waiting 6 CP and specific doctrine to even stand a chance in sniper duel isn't an option, USF sniper is ost sniper prey, no other way around.

Trench

I gotta wonder why the heck Relic decided to make this a player owned defense rather than an ambient one. I would have loved to support an ally by building these for them. Mind you, it doesn't last very long but it should at least be comparable to the German trench. On a side note, why did Relic decide it was a bug to let mortars fire from inside one? It has a bloody hole on top! :/ OH! And the American .50 Cal fires from them while lying down instead of setting up properly. :P

Trench costs menpower and can be build outside of owned territories.
And german trench is completely free of costs.
If anything UKF one should be stronger.
1 Sep 2015, 12:09 PM

Played a game as OKW against Brits, tried Luftwaffles to see how good FSJ would be at popping out behind IS and Sniper for ez wipes.

They. Got. Annihilated.
FSJ are going to need a buff to stay competitive against Brit Infantry, they get utterly shat upon now. And if they have a mortar pit, god help you. 2 models instantly down at the start of every fight. :foreveralone:
Also that Bren carrier early game is nearly as bad as the clown car.

Gonna try one as Breakthrough, I get the feeling that G43 Fuzies will be a good counter to ISes.
1 Sep 2015, 12:20 PM

are you sure about that? I've check the dps on the tommies' lmg and it act like the lmg42/34/m1919a6

The Bren's accuracy is lower at far and mid range than it is at close, were as on most LMG's the accuracy improves the farther away you are.

| | | far: 0.46f;
| | | mid: 0.518f;
| | | near: 0.575f;

Relic portrayed it by giving it lower armor and higher HP poll, given all penetrating shots, Churchill can take 3 more then Tiger while having incomparably worse main gun performance.

It has much better angle scatter and only slightly worse distance scatter while having better moving accuracy. It's an infantry support weapon that can shoo off medium armor, it's basically a KV1 but better in every way.

Also it's only got 20 less armor than a Tiger while having just as much rear armor.

1 Sep 2015, 12:40 PM
Benefactor 115

The Bren's accuracy is lower at far and mid range than it is at close, were as on most LMG's the accuracy improves the farther away you are.

The accuracy improves as you get closer on all weapons, stop talking shite. The inverse damage curve is a result of smaller burst duration at close range as well as increased aim time at close range.
1 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The T3 25 pdr still points 180 degrees in the wrong direction: I thought this had been fixed?
1 Sep 2015, 13:07 PM

The T3 25 pdr still points 180 degrees in the wrong direction: I thought this had been fixed?

you are really surprised..??? i ma en relic is probably the laziest dev i have ever seen.
1 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM

I think its abit silly the AVRE can almost 1 shot a panther.

And the fact a churchill takes 7 - 8 JAGDTIGER shots to kill...

Other than that loving it so far.

Also abit annoying relic forgot to implement many changes in this free trial but ahwel

(KT and Ostherr P4 do not have prioritize vehicle) things like that, just abit annoying but its only 3 days :P
1 Sep 2015, 13:09 PM

IS feels really lackluster, IS without upgrade even lose to Volks at close range and it looks like they don't get bonus ROF when garrison building. RE on the other hand is pretty decent for their cost.
From my perspective as OKW, Sturmpio rekt IS hard, without Bren Wasp upgrade, Brit have nothing to clear garrison.
1 Sep 2015, 13:16 PM

Honestly, with the amount of bugs in the free trial its really hard to make much of the mid-late game balance. The bugs come fast and furious and its hard to know how the game would play without them.

Early game with Ost you might as well just sit in your base and unlock tiers slowly as Brits. That way you can save your MP.

Is this really the way they want the Brits to play?
1 Sep 2015, 13:17 PM

first of all the okw is supposed to have the fucking best specialsit units why does the fucking brtits have them and why the fuck a vet5 unit is doing nohting agasint vet 3 units what is okw 5 vet for showpiece and they fucking sacrficie resoruces for it and brtis nope because u know relic are canadians..........and okw neither have even decent early game and mid game but they were supposed to have superb late game but nope relic fucked okw hard in this too.......
I actually have to agree with this concern. OKW heavy vehicles cost you an arm and a leg and thus are a rare occasion. Unless you have been totally outplayed, you aren´t going to see more than one Panther on the field (talking 1v1, 2v2 here).

Now it seems - and before people get annoyed I emphasize: Seems - that OKW vehicles are hardcountered by an entire faction. It hardly makes sense to field the heavies (Panther, Command Panther, KT, Jagdtiger) versus UKF.

I´m not against a hard counter versus OKW vehicles. But on the other hand the resource penalty doesn´t make sense, if you don´t have better units.

We will have to see on release, but it remains a concern for me.
1 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM

FUCK RELIC !!
first of all the okw is supposed to have the fucking best specialsit units why does the fucking brtits have them and why the fuck a vet5 unit is doing nohting agasint vet 3 units what is okw 5 vet for showpiece and they fucking sacrficie resoruces for it and brtis nope because u know relic are canadians..........and okw neither have even decent early game and mid game but they were supposed to have superb late game but nope relic fucked okw hard in this too.......and lol all the extreme allies fanboys post here in this thread u can check each user history and they are saying brits are ok waht thaey mean is they are extrememly fucking op.....if okw doesnt have much better late game than brits i m leaving coh 2 FFS relic you promised okw to have best units in expense of their expensivity.fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckk i dont really care about ost,usa and soviets but dont fuck with my fav faction okw plz relic and u are even nerfing them in the next patch fuck you relic

fanboy crying about fanboyism :snfPeter:

I must say you bye.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment