Login

russian armor

Brits first impressions (post here)

PAGES (10)down
1 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 13:08 PMCorsin
I think its abit silly the AVRE can almost 1 shot a panther.

And let me guess, sturmtiger doing the same is "fine and balanced".

And the fact a churchill takes 7 - 8 JAGDTIGER shots to kill...

If that includes 3-4 shots that have completely missed, then you got that number right.

Also abit annoying relic forgot to implement many changes in this free trial but ahwel

(KT and Ostherr P4 do not have prioritize vehicle) things like that, just abit annoying but its only 3 days :P

Given that its old alpha client and alpha was pretty much closed?
They have a separate in-house build with other changes, what we got was leftovers from old alpha, hence no changes.
1 Sep 2015, 13:48 PM

They have a separate in-house build with other changes, what we got was leftovers from old alpha, hence no changes.

I mean, thats a pretty shitty way to showcase your product you're trying to sell.
1 Sep 2015, 13:50 PM

Cromwell is M10 tier when it comes to crushing. Hilarious. And quite useful.

really hated this.

shreks rarely get a shot off with a bumrushed cromwell; that damn setup, resetup, resetup, resetup, CRUSHED.
1 Sep 2015, 13:50 PM

Well, we were supposed to get brit preview, not balance patch preview.
We got brit preview so...
1 Sep 2015, 13:57 PM

really hated this.

shreks rarely get a shot off with a bumrushed cromwell; that damn setup, resetup, resetup, resetup, CRUSHED.

It's indeed a joke.
+1
1 Sep 2015, 14:03 PM

The accuracy improves as you get closer on all weapons, stop talking shite. The inverse damage curve is a result of smaller burst duration at close range as well as increased aim time at close range.

The difference in accuracy at each level of distance on the Bren is a lot smaller than most LMG's, for comparison:

Bren

| | | far: 0.46f;
| | | mid: 0.518f;
| | | near: 0.575f;

LMG34:

Accuracy far:
Accuracy near:

LMG42:

Accuracy far:
Accuracy near:

Basically British weapons tend to have much flatter accuracy, which is inversal to how most weapons work with having curved accuracy.
1 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM
Benefactor 115

put all the stats in the actual spreadsheet,the inverse curve is still there. Stop trying to spin shit.
1 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM
Donator 11

Sturmtiger needs manual reload and cant move while doing that. ARVE has insane reload time and almost same damage (feels like its even more for single targets, just less AoE).

Guys, ARVE seems a big issue in terms of balance. Wouldn't you agree?
1 Sep 2015, 14:12 PM

put all the stats in the actual spreadsheet,the inverse curve is still there. Stop trying to spin shit.

Spin shit? How? By reporting that British units tend to have much less dramatic changes in accuracy over distances? If you look at the Lee Enfields their accuracy is even flatter than the Brens.

This of course makes sense since the Brits are supposed to be defense, and aren't supposed to move around. I'm not saying your wrong about the cooldown and aim time, but you seem to be thinking I'm making a claim I am not.

EDIT: I'm not saying the Bren doesn't work like other LMG's I'm saying they that it's accuracy isn't like other LMG's due to how it's drop off is much, much smaller.
1 Sep 2015, 14:16 PM
Benefactor 115

EDIT: I'm not saying the Bren doesn't work like other LMG's

-British LMG's are inverse to normal LMG's, they do better DPS as you get close.

1 Sep 2015, 14:17 PM

Sturmtiger needs manual reload and cant move while doing that. ARVE has insane reload time and almost same damage (feels like its even more for single targets, just less AoE).

You can SEE AVRE aiming at you because it have low range.

You will NEVER see properly used sturmtiger and will know it was there by evaporated unit and squad/tank lost announcement.

Yes, AVRE can potentially shoot more often, but unless you have a micro and reflexes of your grandma, you will NOT be hit by the AVRE once you'll realize its limits.

Sturmtiger and AVRE have same 640 damage, sturmtiger have 1000 pen, AVRE have 150 pen, both have similar aim time, but AVRE can't ignore shot blockers and can't fire from FOW, giving you time to react before each shot.

It doesn't matter that Sturm shoots slower and reloads longer if 100% of its shots are effective, which can't be said about AVRE vs non sloth type player.
1 Sep 2015, 14:18 PM

Okay yeah I was wrong on that part, I didn't take into account the fact it had longer aim time and longer cool down at close. :blush:
Phy
1 Sep 2015, 14:20 PM

My impressions (may be wrong):

-In 1vs1 they are UP
-In 2vs2 early-mid they struggle a lot (perhaps in mixed teams they will be really good because its sinergy with soviets/usf)
-PIATS suck
-Brits mp drain is too heavy and mp cost not always worth it for the performance of the unit
-Brits surprisily not OP rather the opposite
1 Sep 2015, 14:28 PM

Avre a balance issue? No, I do not agree.
1 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM
Donator 11

You can SEE AVRE aiming at you because it have low range.

You will NEVER see properly used sturmtiger and will know it was there by evaporated unit and squad/tank lost announcement.

Yes, AVRE can potentially shoot more often, but unless you have a micro and reflexes of your grandma, you will NOT be hit by the AVRE once you'll realize its limits.

Sturmtiger and AVRE have same 640 damage, sturmtiger have 1000 pen, AVRE have 150 pen, both have similar aim time, but AVRE can't ignore shot blockers and can't fire from FOW, giving you time to react before each shot.

It doesn't matter that Sturm shoots slower and reloads longer if 100% of its shots are effective, which can't be said about AVRE vs non sloth type player.

You sure about all this info? Cuz it seems to my that AVRE actually can ignore shot blockers. It shoots across buildings at least.

Also watched the stream of stormless or siberian yesterday almost getting wrecked by AVRE. It has nothing to do with granny-like micro. Paks, Mortars, MGs and very slow tanks will get hit occasionally.

The auto-reload while moving is the feature which lets me trade AVRE for Sturmtiger any time.

Well, admitted, a bit early to start a balance discussion.
1 Sep 2015, 14:33 PM

You sure about all this info? Cuz it seems to my that AVRE actually can ignore shot blockers. It shoots across buildings at least.

It lobs its shells, its pretty much low trajectory arty shell.
I've played for 2 weeks with them, I'm quite sure how every brit unit performs against both, bad and good player and how it feels being on the receiving end.

Also watched the stream of stormless or siberian yesterday almost getting wrecked by AVRE. It has nothing to do with granny-like micro. Paks, Mortars, MGs and very slow tanks will get hit occasionally.

The auto-reload while moving is the feature which lets me trade AVRE for Sturmtiger any time.

Well, admitted, a bit early to start a balance discussion.

Well, they haven't played with brits before. First time against new unit usually hurts, because you don't know what its capable of, you don't know animations giving you a warning and so on.

Medicore player with alpha experience would probably cream top players with brits just because he would know what units do and opponent not.
1 Sep 2015, 14:38 PM

If that includes 3-4 shots that have completely missed, then you got that number right.

Glad you mentiond the Stiger...

The Stiger has a 50 second reload and can be decrewed if shot while reloading. The AVRE doesn't suffer from such a handicap.

ALso the AVRE deals more direct damage to tanks.

Stiger cannot 1 shot a T34/85 with its 1 round per min (almost) yet an Avre can 1 shot a panther more often and thats balance? yeah ok. LOL

And no jagdtiger deals around 1 8th of a churchils health per shot. Mine didnt miss any and i counted...

Still won the game, but sigh.

And for your last point... theve implemented changes like the Stiger being moved to commander and p4 moved into mainstream... Yet Sturmpios ect are still 40mp with slower build times and so on... seems abit lazy.
1 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 14:38 PMCorsin

Glad you mentiond the Stiger...

The Stiger has a 50 second reload and can be decrewed if shot while reloading. The AVRE doesn't suffer from such a handicap.

ALso the AVRE deals more direct damage to tanks.

Stiger cannot 1 shot a T34/85 with its 1 round per min (almost) yet an Avre can 1 shot a panther more often and thats balance? yeah ok. LOL

And no jagdtiger deals around 1 8th of a churchils health per shot. Mine didnt miss any and i counted...

Still won the game, but sigh.

And for your last point... theve implemented changes like the Stiger being moved to commander and p4 moved into mainstream... Yet Sturmpios ect are still 40mp with slower build times and so on... seems abit lazy.
]

Wrong. The AVRE and ST both deal same damage (640)

640 is enough health to oneshot most medium tanks t-34/76, PIV, sherman, cromwell, etc etc.

It is not enough to oneshot panthers or t-34/85s (they have 800 heals)

And no, the churchill has 1500 HP , you need 5 jagdtiger shots to kill it.

The sturmtiger has more range than the AVRE, and this is a big, big bonus since you can shoot it without the enemy knowing it is there.

AVRE has the same range as infantry sight range (35) meaning you cannot ambush stuff with it.
1 Sep 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 14:20 PMPhy
My impressions (may be wrong):

-In 1vs1 they are UP
-In 2vs2 early-mid they struggle a lot (perhaps in mixed teams they will be really good because its sinergy with soviets/usf)
-PIATS suck
-Brits mp drain is too heavy and mp cost not always worth it for the performance of the unit
-Brits surprisily not OP rather the opposite

Pretty much my same experience with them so far. Hoping for a lot of changes when they release Thursday.
1 Sep 2015, 14:51 PM

Firefly Gun Mantle completely wrong.......looks pretty fugly
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment