Login

russian armor

British Patch 3 Sep

PAGES (15)down
27 Aug 2015, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 20:58 PMQbix

A problem only occuring in games bigger than 1v1, thus not as important.

its still something to be looked at regardless of 1v1 or not
27 Aug 2015, 21:18 PM
Donator 11

ML20 gonna be wiped with a walking stuka, OPKW here we go again
27 Aug 2015, 21:56 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

ML20 gonna be wiped with a walking stuka, OPKW here we go again

LeFH being wiped by a Katy... Oh wait nobody builds the LeFH
27 Aug 2015, 22:08 PM

LeFH being wiped by a Katy... Oh wait nobody builds the LeFH

They must be afraid of soviet precision strike. Oh wait :foreveralone:

Nevermind, they probably don't want to waste 600mp and have it lost to 2 braindead clicks on the most popular and meta doctrine allies use that have both recon plane and non RNG based strike capable of killing it. Oh wait :foreveralone:
27 Aug 2015, 22:11 PM

Name one vehicle that is significantly more expensive than the M5 and loses to it in a 1v1 situation.

OKW Flak HT (55 Fuel), USF AA HT (60 Fuel). Both vehicles serve the same purpose like the M5 while being outclassed by it. The OKW flak HT looses in a 1vs1 against the M5. And of course the M5 can reinforce. They all have the same hp.
You don't compare units with their counters, like you did with the puma, but with units that serve the same role.

Munition costs for the upgrade can be neglected. They don't delay your tech and you don't have crucial upgrades or munition sinks that you need to spend the munitions on.
27 Aug 2015, 22:16 PM

OKW Flak HT (55 Fuel), USF AA HT (60 Fuel). Both vehicles serve the same purpose like the M5 while being outclassed by it. The OKW flak HT looses in a 1vs1 against the M5. And of course the M5 can reinforce. They all have the same hp.
I think the best thing would be to not allow it to fire on the move like it´s the case with the other hts. I don´t see why the other Flak hts aren´t allowed to do that and the M5 can happily chase retreating squads and wipe them.
27 Aug 2015, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 22:08 PMKatitof
They must be afraid of soviet precision strike. Oh wait :foreveralone:

Precision Strike was shit though. Basically a better Rifle Grenade but could be fired muuuuuuuuuuch further with no warning at all.

The replacement ability on the Katyusha is meh though, should have replaced it with a "Rapid Barrage" that just launches all the rockets in a continuous stream, compared to the standard multiple barrages with pauses.
27 Aug 2015, 22:28 PM

Precision Strike was shit though. Basically a better Rifle Grenade but could be fired muuuuuuuuuuch further with no warning at all.

The replacement ability on the Katyusha is meh though, should have replaced it with a "Rapid Barrage" that just launches all the rockets in a continuous stream, compared to the standard multiple barrages with pauses.

Now that's an interesting idea, I'd like to see that.
27 Aug 2015, 22:32 PM

Flame changes will be interesting to see with USF Rifle Company meta and the tendacy for a lot of players to just spam Flamers and ignore BARs. If fire now lingers if you combine that with Rifle spam half the map is going to be on fire :P

Attack ground with flamethrowers will keep enemy squads away. Think flame Pio guarding a Gren squad
4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 27 Aug 2015, 23:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

What about cooldown, reload or other type of stats ?

Regarding clump in cover, maybe light cover created from explosives should not be as tight.

Q: can we have certain explosives generate green cover (at least partially)? Railway, B4, Stuka, 240mm Barrage...

It is stats we can add if we need it but we didnt see any instance where we needed to tuned those values specifically for different unit or unit types.

Regarding light cover, its something we are thinking about. One step at a time though especially with changes like these. If we change too much stuff too quickly it may result in undesired results. But I do understand your point.

Regarding explosives generating green cover, possibly but this might not be something you want. All Green Cover in the game thus far can be destroyed. Cover created by these type of explosives will not be destroyable because it'll be terrain deformation.

Too much green cover on maps will also slow down the pace of the game. Something to keep in mind.
27 Aug 2015, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 20:58 PMQbix

A problem only occuring in games bigger than 1v1, thus not as important.

Yet 90%+ (?) of players/matches are not 1v1 so surely they are in fact more important.
27 Aug 2015, 23:52 PM

You don't compare units with their counters, like you did with the puma, but with units that serve the same role.

Munition costs for the upgrade can be neglected. They don't delay your tech and you don't have crucial upgrades or munition sinks that you need to spend the munitions on.

Comparing them in a one on one fight doesn't make one better than the other. I've also seen a okw flak HT beat a M5, so it's not as one sided. It's like saying the Zis is OP because it can beat a pak40 one on one.

That being said, I think the quad cannon upgrade should be gated behind T4. The main issue is the timing of it, and since soviets float more ammo, it's really easy to get the upgrade almost immediately when it's built.
28 Aug 2015, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 23:52 PMZeaviS

Comparing them in a one on one fight doesn't make one better than the other. I've also seen a okw flak HT beat a M5, so it's not as one sided. It's like saying the Zis is OP because it can beat a pak40 one on one.

That being said, I think the quad cannon upgrade should be gated behind T4. The main issue is the timing of it, and since soviets float more ammo, it's really easy to get the upgrade almost immediately when it's built.

I would honestly like to see the replay where an OKW HT beat the M5(with Quad upgrade), it's not possible unless the other person is afk or spamming the stop command on it.
28 Aug 2015, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 00:07 AMJaridan

I would honestly like to see the replay where an OKW HT beat the M5(with Quad upgrade), it's not possible unless the other person is afk or spamming the stop command on it.

I had it happen to me. The flak HT was already deployed when I approached it, and since people were saying how easily it wins, I figured it'd be fine, but I ended up losing it. Unfortunately, this happened a while ago so I don't have the replay. Might have been one of those rare occurrences.

EDIT: I'll do some tests with the cheatmod and post results if you want.
28 Aug 2015, 00:15 AM

-Tells me not to compare it with something that's designed to kill it, something that only costs 70 fuel and will reliably handle mediums and can contribute even against an IS2 (Pumas OP!!!!!!1!!)
-compares it with an Allied vehicle, and one that will wipe squads just as fast at that. Indeed both the Flak HT AND the AA HT will shred squads, with the US one having in addition better performance against buildings and better penetration.
And if we're comparing it to other AA vehicles, why not an Ostwind?
(Incidentally, The US AA HT will penetrate a Luchs reliably, something the M5 will definitely not do).

I compared it to the Puma because a certain someone said it beats just about all Axis light vehicles. That isn't true, as I demonstrated. The Flak HT and 222 are the only ones it can kill without help, and the US AA HT will kill the OKW Flak Ht just as quickly, so why aren't you calling for it's nerf?

Munitions cost CANNOT be neglected, because the halftrack is practically useless without the upgrade, and a Soviet player who doesn't use large amounts of mines and demos is on their way to defeat.
28 Aug 2015, 00:50 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So whens the much needed optimization patch going to arrive?
28 Aug 2015, 00:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 00:11 AMZeaviS
EDIT: I'll do some tests with the cheatmod and post results if you want.

I did actually, it's about a 50/50 chance.
28 Aug 2015, 01:56 AM

Good question. I am so sick of getting BugSplatted out of a match.
28 Aug 2015, 02:04 AM

Good question. I am so sick of getting BugSplatted out of a match.

right after USF got its Pershing and squad sizes have been standardized:foreveralone: :P

I can't find the stats for the quad, but i'd think that it should win all fights vs FKHT, especially long range.
28 Aug 2015, 03:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 02:04 AMJaridan
I can't find the stats for the quad, but i'd think that it should win all fights vs FKHT, especially long range.

It should not, it can reinforce and fire on the move. So it should lose to a comparable Half-Track that cannot reinforce or and must set up for two seconds to fire.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS