Login

russian armor

British Patch 3 Sep

PAGES (15)down
26 Aug 2015, 22:31 PM

Infantry Company Meta inbound! Now not only do Riflemen get the best LMG in the game and have the option for 2 of them, with instant cover and suppression anywhere at anytime. But now Riflemen can also lay the best mine in the game, even though they are core infantry.

And where will they get muni for it?
26 Aug 2015, 22:33 PM

The issue was OKW had no real counter to it and placing trucks outside of the base is necessary for OKW to compete on many different maps. 160 is to low (IMO), 200 would have been the right amount of damage to adjust it to.

300 was waaay to much.

I know OKW have no real counter to the ML-20 but nerfing it with changes such as these is not fair. The size of most 1v1 maps does not conciliate the need of forward placement all of the time. Again, it's a player choice. You aren't being forced to place trucks forward and if you do so, how can you complain about the potential counter/punishment for doing so? If howies were unable to target HQ sectors then OKW players would have a choice of safe placement or opt for forward placement high risk/high reward. But I agree, 200 damage and then maybe 240 damage with vet would be about right for the ML-20.
26 Aug 2015, 22:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge

WHY?!

The Quad dies in 2 shots to any Axis AT. Isn't that enough?

Why is it so awful for Axis players that the Allies get good units? The M5 is perfectly fine as it is. How about you use the MANY options you have to kill it, and quit trying to give yourselves automatic wins by nerfing into oblivion anything and everything the Allies have that fulfill their intended purpose?

Yall killed the 120mm, Penals, Molotovs, the ML20, the ISU152, Katyushas... and that's just the Soviet units.

L
P

And quit whining

When it can run down any unit on the field, suppress infantry at max range with ease, evaporate said infantry, smash the majority of light vehicles that are active during its timing, reinforce infantry and remain more mobile than the other AA HTs I think there's something wrong, especially since it's only real cost is munitions which Soviets generally have enough for unless they're spamming Guards/Mines or flamers. Buff its AA, allow it to suppression to still be good, but make its damage not ridiculous aka not 68.8 DPS within 10 meters.

Also, smaller games, you won't have all that AT available when it arrives and mines are all based on your opponent rolling up unaware/unsupported.

And Katyusha killed? Please, it still sees far more use than the Panzerwerfer.

26 Aug 2015, 22:39 PM

WHY?!

The Quad dies in 2 shots to any Axis AT. Isn't that enough?

Why is it so awful for Axis players that the Allies get good units? The M5 is perfectly fine as it is. How about you use the MANY options you have to kill it, and quit trying to give yourselves automatic wins by nerfing into oblivion anything and everything the Allies have that fulfill their intended purpose?

Yall killed the 120mm, Penals, Molotovs, the ML20, the ISU152, Katyushas... and that's just the Soviet units.

L
P

And quit whining

Whining pot calling the kettle black....

L2P without relying on over-performing units yourself. The "best" stuff for Axis is balanced with high costs and having smaller squads trying to maintain map control. even then "best" is subjective to Vet levels and stages of the game. Starting off riflemen are the "best" line infantry, late game it could be considered Vet 5 Obers with Stgs or Vet 3 Paratroopers with Thompsons/LMGs, both of which are useless vs tanks. Soviets still have the best combined arty in the game, 120MM mortar is now much cheaper for doing full model damage and the SU76 got an excellent buff.
26 Aug 2015, 22:44 PM

I know OKW have no real counter to the ML-20 but nerfing it with changes such as these is not fair. The size of most 1v1 maps does not conciliate the need of forward placement all of the time. Again, it's a player choice. You aren't being forced to place trucks forward and if you do so, how can you complain about the potential counter/punishment for doing so? If howies were unable to target HQ sectors then OKW players would have a choice of safe placement or opt for forward placement high risk/high reward. But I agree, 200 damage and then maybe 240 damage with vet would be about right for the ML-20.

+1. i would also make it to were no off-map call-in or on map atrys could be able to attack bases sectors. it really is just a cheap move that should just go away.
26 Aug 2015, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 22:31 PMKatitof
And where will they get muni for it?

Defensive Stance is free, it won't drain you to abuse it.
26 Aug 2015, 22:51 PM

damn the ml20 got destroyed
26 Aug 2015, 22:52 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 22:51 PMNinjaWJ
damn the ml20 got destroyed

Let us pray it will get changed like con sandbags and get its damage moved to 240.
26 Aug 2015, 22:53 PM

So, sorry, as a coder, I only read one line...

TARGET TABLES.

I can die a happy man now.
26 Aug 2015, 22:55 PM

Except that forward truck placement is entirely how OKW was designed. You start with the least MP of any faction (due to it being concentrated in your starting Sturms squad) and thus your starting map presence is artificially limited. Yes on several 1v1 maps this isn't the biggest problem, but on others it's easy to get pushed right off the field due to the relative power and quantity of Allied basic infantry over your own.

Katyusha's, mortars, ect can all punish truck placement but they don't do it with such high damage and deadliness. The issue with the old ML-20 was that the cooldown was to short to actually get any repairing done while doing repair while barraging would just lose you all your Sturms, so 2 barrages would normally always kill the truck.
26 Aug 2015, 22:56 PM

Defensive Stance is free, it won't drain you to abuse it.

And you believe the mines are free as well?
Does your potential BO include 4 muni caches to sustain the mines and dual LMG on every squad?

Or you're going to be real about it?
26 Aug 2015, 22:57 PM

RIP ML-20, over nerf indeed!
26 Aug 2015, 22:57 PM

also, soviet t1 got wrecked.

the addition of target tables sounds great, but will they be as detailed as the COH1 one? THe game could be a lot more balanced if so.

edit: i read jasons' post. looks good!
26 Aug 2015, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 22:56 PMKatitof
And you believe the mines are free as well?
Does your potential BO include 4 muni caches to sustain the mines and dual LMG on every squad?

Or you're going to be real about it?

So we can safely gives the Riegel Mine unlock to Grenadiers, ja?
26 Aug 2015, 23:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All Flame Weapons have had their damage increased to compensate

DOES THIS INCLUDE MOLOTOVS

I'LL BE SO HAPPY IF IT DOES

PLEASE DO
aaa
26 Aug 2015, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 19:01 PMBurts

Kind of. Except that now LEfh is superior to the ML-20 for no reason at all.

Having same damage , faster RoF, and firing more rounds. At vet 1 they fire the same but LEfh has counterbattery fire.

This is probably an overnerf, i suspect it being 200-240 in the live version.

i dont expect anythinf good from them. Just give the germs win button in t1. They asking for it for so long.

And give to germ sniper mg with a scope to wipe everithing he sees in 1 second plz.
26 Aug 2015, 23:44 PM

Whining pot calling the kettle black....

L2P without relying on over-performing units yourself. The "best" stuff for Axis is balanced with high costs and having smaller squads trying to maintain map control. even then "best" is subjective to Vet levels and stages of the game. Starting off riflemen are the "best" line infantry, late game it could be considered Vet 5 Obers with Stgs or Vet 3 Paratroopers with Thompsons/LMGs, both of which are useless vs tanks. Soviets still have the best combined arty in the game, 120MM mortar is now much cheaper for doing full model damage and the SU76 got an excellent buff.

Cons cost the same as Grens and more than Volks, yet vet far worse than either, and will be beaten at long-medium range by either at vet 0.

120mm does the same damage as Ost mortar, yet costs far more, is far slower in terms of ROF, and less accurate.

Yes, the SU76 is actually useful, so undoubtedly the Axis players are going to get nerfed within a month or so.

The M5 is basically equivalent to the T70 in performance ATM, with each having specific situations it's better in. This is how it should be.
26 Aug 2015, 23:50 PM

Sandbags from the off and standard mines + LMG/Defensive stance (which is bugged) will make inf company Rifles the best standard infantry and the most versatile. Which I guess was always the intent with rifles. Ofc this is not full log, so we will see how it pans out. Can't imagine why anyone would go any other USF doctrine though if this is the only USF change.

It's a pretty hefty buff. Grens will be green with envy, only basic inf without sandbags now!

Thank feck for the mortar and sniper ^_^

27 Aug 2015, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 19:14 PMTheMux2
Those USF fixes. oh wait there are almost none. Really hope they will release more USF fixes like the mayor arty wich has been broken for more then a year.

+1 And the bugged .50 Cal Focus Fire/Weapon Armor, Bugged Rifleman Grenade Wind-up Time, the list goes on. Y U h8 USF relic!?
27 Aug 2015, 00:14 AM

Still no fix to the whole shooting at stationary objects gives you insane AoE suppression?
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS