Login

russian armor

Grenadier Pop Cap

19 Aug 2015, 21:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not about popcap for a bigger army, rather than popcap for mp bleed.

4 Popcap * 1.5mp/min * 40min match = 240mp saved. Thing is, is OH mp starved during the mid-late game ?
19 Aug 2015, 22:17 PM

If anything I would say making the G43 upgrade more attractive along with a cost increase as well as a across the board reduction in reinforce costs at vet 3 for all factions basic infantry as a reward for keeping squads around.
19 Aug 2015, 22:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If anything I would say making the G43 upgrade more attractive along with a cost increase as well as a across the board reduction in reinforce costs at vet 3 for all factions basic infantry as a reward for keeping squads around.

That's food for another thread, but i would give PG G43 the same capabilities as the JLI.
20 Aug 2015, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 11:20 AMsquippy

The reinforce costs have a clear relationship with the overall unit cost. Essentially, you can reinforce for 50% of the MP to buy a new unit fresh.

Thus, Rifles are 280MP for 5 models = 56 MP/model new, 50% discount for reinforce = 28
Conscripts are 240MP for 6 models = 40 MP/model new, 50% discount for reinforce = 20
Grens are 240MP for 4 models = 60 MP/model new, 50% discount for reinforce = 30

So I don't expect you will see any change in reinforce costs separate from a change in the unit cost.

Never said to change the reinforcement cost

Feels a bit unreasonable unless they get lmg but whatever
22 Aug 2015, 16:37 PM

Tbh it matters little either way for now.

I'd much rather the time was devoted instead to standardize allied squad sizes to 6; axis to 5 AND Adjust the dps/RA of ever squad so they remain as is now.
24 Aug 2015, 01:35 AM

How about don't fix what ain't broken?

How about... make Relic feel responsible for what they said?

I'm doing this because they never gave any explanation.
24 Aug 2015, 01:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 09:16 AMKatitof
Don't try to fix what isn't broken.

Grens pop is fine.

They are most cost effective squad in the game, greatly outclassing conscripts once you can afford LMGs.

It's Relic who did fixed what isn't broken. So why not?

They might get high firepower, but it is paid with their survivability and high reinforcement cost.
I think this is different matter.
24 Aug 2015, 01:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's food for another thread, but i would give PG G43 the same capabilities as the JLI.

Would also think that would make the upgrade work on PGs then.

Because as its DPS stats are right now...it's pretty unworkable. The utility of extra sight however, would definitely be great.
25 Aug 2015, 12:10 PM
Benefactor 340

No, grens are the best infantry and Ost has 420 starting MP. Any reduction in pop cap would further buff one of the strongest factions.

i agree, the fact that you're not taking the same losses as most other factions due to the ability to keep grens at range i think if you're going to keep the price at 240 then the popcap needs to be higher
26 Aug 2015, 00:54 AM

i agree, the fact that you're not taking the same losses as most other factions due to the ability to keep grens at range i think if you're going to keep the price at 240 then the popcap needs to be higher

Being more effective at range does not mean it bleeds less then other factions, considering the fact that more squad wipe can happen to Grens. This unit is not like Obers.
26 Aug 2015, 02:48 AM
Benefactor 340

Being more effective at range does not mean it bleeds less then other factions, considering the fact that more squad wipe can happen to Grens. This unit is not like Obers.

that is true but at the same time you're unit is not in harms way like conscripts or panzer grenadiers or any other close range unit that needs to close the distance especially early in the game and when grens get lmg, yes they are certainly prone to squad wipe however squad wipes normally happen later in the game

if it were up to me there would be no popcap but i understand why relic have it
26 Aug 2015, 03:19 AM

How about... make Relic feel responsible for what they said?

Relic says the T-34/76 was meant to have superior AI to the Panzer IV, yet it's inferior in every single way.
26 Aug 2015, 03:36 AM

Or just a passive upgrade only for Grens. (Slightly nerfed.)
26 Aug 2015, 04:18 AM

Relic says the T-34/76 was meant to have superior AI to the Panzer IV, yet it's inferior in every single way.

We can Relic to have better AI with more cost. But I'm not sure Relic would do it since Relic sent it to last tier and cost even less then before, recently.
26 Aug 2015, 04:26 AM

that is true but at the same time you're unit is not in harms way like conscripts or panzer grenadiers or any other close range unit that needs to close the distance especially early in the game and when grens get lmg, yes they are certainly prone to squad wipe however squad wipes normally happen later in the game

if it were up to me there would be no popcap but i understand why relic have it

Yes, squad wipe happens more at the later game, but Grens are more easily get wiped because of small size of members. Also they pay more reinforcement than any other backbone infantry, even before they get lmg.

And, that's not what the patch note explained, but oh well. I can understand your opinion.
26 Aug 2015, 05:35 AM

What? Why not? You can take down part of opponents DPS while his squad is out of cover and trying to get into its effective range.
26 Aug 2015, 08:04 AM
Benefactor 340

Yes, squad wipe happens more at the later game, but Grens are more easily get wiped because of small size of members. Also they pay more reinforcement than any other backbone infantry, even before they get lmg.

And, that's not what the patch note explained, but oh well. I can understand your opinion.

i defiantly agree with you in the sense that grens are wiped too easily i remember being a little shocked when i first played the beta and finding out grens only had 4 men in the squad. Though i find even if they are wiped new gren squads can still be useful late game if you want to produce replacement squads compared to soviet conscripts who you need to keep alive, otherwise new squads have the durability and accuracy of star wars storm troopers while you can just equip your new gren squads with lmg and still have something half decent

this is coming from an axis player btw
26 Aug 2015, 08:13 AM

i defiantly agree with you in the sense that grens are wiped too easily i remember being a little shocked when i first played the beta and finding out grens only had 4 men in the squad. Though i find even if they are wiped new gren squads can still be useful late game if you want to produce replacement squads compared to soviet conscripts who you need to keep alive, otherwise new squads have the durability and accuracy of star wars storm troopers while you can just equip your new gren squads with lmg and still have something half decent

this is coming from an axis player btw

Yea, 4 men vs 6 men must have been a shocker which no one expected after 7 years of 4 man grens and 6 man rifles of coh1.

And yea, replacement gren will just get LMG and vet up, replacement con will have to get that vet through received damage and throwing AT nades at everything passing by and still be useless for anything else.
26 Aug 2015, 08:30 AM
Benefactor 340

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 08:13 AMKatitof

Yea, 4 men vs 6 men must have been a shocker which no one expected after 7 years of 4 man grens and 6 man rifles of coh1.

not comparing apples for apples, having volks at t-1 and standardised veterency in coh 1 balanced this dynamic. Not that i have a problem with 4 man gren squads in coh2 having a basic infantry squad that was 4 men was surprising
26 Aug 2015, 08:43 AM

They are in a good state. Leave it like it is :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★