Login

russian armor

Riegel mine and critical fixes

14 Aug 2015, 14:43 PM

The Riegel mine was not very used before, but back then it was actually was a good mine that forced the tank to be completely immobilized.
Now when a tank goes over it does the critical, the crew pops out, critical fixes and goes away in less then 10 seconds.
Also the fact you need the half-track to place them should make them more useful (and valuable).

Relic do something pls
14 Aug 2015, 15:02 PM

If you have AT gun covering the mine, the tank won't escape.

If you don't, well, USF doesn't have heavy armor and are most mobile army, why they shouldn't keep that mobility if you aren't prepared for ambush?

Also, similar arguments can be said about M20 and its mine.
14 Aug 2015, 16:28 PM

Yeah, american crew repairs is OP, but panzer tactician that allows to ignore everything except mines for 30 munitions is fine.
14 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM
Donator 33

Fix magic tank smoke, Fix blitz working on broken engines again, then look at this.
14 Aug 2015, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 15:02 PMKatitof
If you have AT gun covering the mine, the tank won't escape.

If you don't, well, USF doesn't have heavy armor and are most mobile army, why they shouldn't keep that mobility if you aren't prepared for ambush?

Also, similar arguments can be said about M20 and its mine.

What similar arguments can be made about the M20's mine?

Riegel = Doctrine
M20 mine = stock

Ostheer doesn't have an instant critical repair ability has a doctrinal one in Elite armour and that takes 15 seconds, unlike the US insta-fix.

They are totally dissimilar.
14 Aug 2015, 18:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

At this point, i'll let SCs and pios to let them build them.

Superglue is another separate issue.

(Same with Blitz bug, maybe smoke, yadayadayada...)
14 Aug 2015, 19:14 PM

USF and its magic crew pop out and insta crit repair is pretty breaking when you consider mines, but the again :usf :foreveralone:

If this comes down to maybe altering crew repair for usf, it probably is the only thing usf has going for it right now :foreveralone:
14 Aug 2015, 19:19 PM

Fix magic tank smoke, Fix blitz working on broken engines again, then look at this.

This seems like an awfully self destructive way to look at balance. Multiple things can be fixed at the same time.
14 Aug 2015, 21:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

oh look, another nerf usf tank survivability thread.

No surprise you have 2 USF games played. Kappa

Can I ask what you were doing during the 10 seconds where this was happening? Not actually monitoring your minefield right? USF tanks are so durable and difficult to kill, right?
You can totally pop your crew out in the middle of a fight with at guns about,with 20% health on your tank,(assuming teller or riegel) repair a crit, and drive away with out taking another hit,right?

Anything else ostheer should have that basically hard counters USF without so much as batting an eye?

Or should we just delete OP USF already?

I like your little CELO app but pls...

14 Aug 2015, 21:41 PM
Donator 33

This seems like an awfully self destructive way to look at balance. Multiple things can be fixed at the same time.

It's not Self destructive that a bug (blitz) and a feature that stops you from attacking a vehicle apart from attack ground should come before a design feature that doesn't stop a player from engaging, seeing you or catching you. Unless Relic wishes to state USF changes (welcome and needed) until then, bugs first then design. So no just common sense.
14 Aug 2015, 22:15 PM

It's not Self destructive that a bug (blitz) and a feature that stops you from attacking a vehicle apart from attack ground should come before a design feature that doesn't stop a player from engaging, seeing you or catching you. Unless Relic wishes to state USF changes (welcome and needed) until then, bugs first then design. So no just common sense.

Technically super glue is bugged so you can do it in like 2 seconds then jump back into your tank. Both WFA armies have an insane amount of bugs that have yet to be fixed in them and it's gotten to the point were most people have just accepted them as a thing.

My rational is you can buff USF, stop repair crit from instantly repairing immobilization, and fix Blitz all at the same time; rather than turning everything into a crabs in a bucket scenario.
14 Aug 2015, 22:26 PM

No but it is self-destructive and stupid to say "You can't fix X until after you fix Y".

Panzer Tactician is fine, now that some British Tanks will also have it. Blitz should not be activatable in combat, Combat Blitz should trigger Engine Overheat minicrit when it finishes, Riegel Mines should be placeable by Pioneers.
14 Aug 2015, 23:06 PM

oh look, another nerf usf tank survivability thread.

No surprise you have 2 USF games played. Kappa

Can I ask what you were doing during the 10 seconds where this was happening? Not actually monitoring your minefield right? USF tanks are so durable and difficult to kill, right?
You can totally pop your crew out in the middle of a fight with at guns about,with 20% health on your tank,(assuming teller or riegel) repair a crit, and drive away with out taking another hit,right?

Anything else ostheer should have that basically hard counters USF without so much as batting an eye?

Or should we just delete OP USF already?

I like your little CELO app but pls...

When I place riegels in 1v1s i usually place a lot of them around the map and then later in the game when tanks come i get howitzer to barrage the rigged mines with the imobilized tanks to take them out.
This thread is just about the riegel mines and crit fixes.
This mines are doctrinal, cost 60 muni, do less damage than teller mine, and you even need an half track which costs fuel and man power
Sorry but this critical fix is just bs. I dont know if it is a bug, if it is then delete the thread but justifying balance because a bug gives advantages/disadvantages is just not good for the game
14 Aug 2015, 23:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When I place riegels in 1v1s i usually place a lot of them around the map and then later in the game when tanks come i get howitzer to barrage the rigged mines with the imobilized tanks to take them out.
This thread is just about the riegel mines and crit fixes.
This mines are doctrinal, cost 60 muni, do less damage than teller mine, and you even need an half track which costs fuel and man power
Sorry but this critical fix is just bs. I dont know if it is a bug, if it is then delete the thread but justifying balance because a bug gives advantages/disadvantages is just not good for the game

well I wont even go into detail about USF and the viability of the M20 mine these days vs ostheer with the insta-counter 222 arriving at the same time.

But I will ask again,why dont you simply have something nearby to follow up? a shrek squad,and gren squad nearby to faust it again,a stug...anything that does 160 damage..

I doubt its a bug,I dont think its fair for USF tanks to be immobilized like that so easily considering theyre simple as **** to kill without this mine or snares..

Ive had OKW tanks like panther or KT hit the M20 mine,and then the volk shrek blob and sweeper sturmpios with their batshit fast repair speed rush to the tank with its ridiculous front armor and/or range to deter shermans from finishing it off, and save it from death.

I really think the riegiel is more for snaring heavier fish, like IS2s,and then finishing it with ease,not little puppies like USF tanks.

I would settle for the repair critical only improving engine damage by one level

So if it had heavy engine damage,it turns into engine damge with repair critical
Normal engine damage goes back to normal,
Immobilzation goes to heavy engine damage,
but thats as far as ill go to agreeing to nerfing repair critical....

14 Aug 2015, 23:41 PM

The Riegel mine was not very used before, but back then it was actually was a good mine that forced the tank to be completely immobilized.
Now when a tank goes over it does the critical, the crew pops out, critical fixes and goes away in less then 10 seconds.
Also the fact you need the half-track to place them should make them more useful (and valuable).

Relic do something pls

Is just a dumb mechanic, breaks the game.
I hear yah.
15 Aug 2015, 00:06 AM

its definitely not as game breaking as a lot of you claim. annoying, but not game breaking.
15 Aug 2015, 00:08 AM

its definitely not as game breaking as a lot of you claim. annoying, but not game breaking.

If critical repair wasn't bugged so you can do it super fast then it wouldn't be annoying is my assessment as well.
15 Aug 2015, 00:17 AM

15 Aug 2015, 00:54 AM

1 well I wont even go into detail about USF and the viability of the M20 mine these days vs ostheer with the insta-counter 222 arriving at the same time.

2 I really think the riegiel is more for snaring heavier fish, like IS2s,and then finishing it with ease,not little puppies like USF tanks.

3 I would settle for the repair critical only improving engine damage by one level

3 - would be an improvement.

1 - Yes, M20 is weak vs US now but that only means that that match-up should be examined. It's not a good basis for leaving the US repair ability as it is.

2 - Riegel is for all and any tanks, same as M20 mine which will blow the treads off any axis tank big dog or little puppy. Riegel is doctrinal too and m20 mine is stock.

Whatever the meta, I think it would be worthwhile reassessing the need for USF to have insta-repair of crits.

We also need to ask if we even need tread-breaking mines in the game. Should the Riegel and the M20 mine have that ability? It seems too punishing for me.
15 Aug 2015, 01:22 AM

Permanently Banned
nurf crit-repair?

Learn how to follow up
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak