Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten UP

PAGES (8)down
6 Aug 2015, 16:20 PM

Almost laughing here.. there is just no winning on these forums sometimes. \ :foreveralone: /

So the explanation why obersoldaten seem underwhelming compared to panzerfusies is that the fusies were always OP. :foreveralone: I think i missed the memo on this fact. :foreveralone:

For some people OKW will always be OP.. have people seen the new OKW sweepers? They can actually detect a demo charge now, before blowing up, how's that for some OPness? :foreveralone:

Fusies the most broken infantry in the game. :foreveralone: RIP. :foreveralone:

Actually the OKW faction as a whole is fine right now, and I've been wanting them to get buffed for awhile. (although I wish the Leig was a mortar. )

Anyways, Fusies weren't OP when the OKW faction sucked. Now that they don't suck nerfing Fusies is in order. If you've never played against heavy Panzerfusilier play as the Anericans than you have no idea what I mean. (Soviets lolstomp it of course because they're the fucking soviets.)

6 Aug 2015, 18:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TBH i haven't play with PF lately but reminder that the AT nade dissapears into the void if you just move away a bit.

For muni cost they are not CRAZY but when they start to vet they get really scary (like any OKW unit). They scale perfectly.
6 Aug 2015, 18:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

RIP fusilier At Nade with the snare changes. need 2 hits to crit a Stuart. :foreveralone:
6 Aug 2015, 18:44 PM
Donator 33

RIP fusilier At Nade with the snare changes. need 2 hits to crit a Stuart. :foreveralone:

I think you need 3 of those to crit a Stuart. They deal 40 damage IIRC.
6 Aug 2015, 18:59 PM

I don't know, I've been playing a lot of OKW right now, and clearly when my obers hit the field the game changes a lot. I don't have any issue with them, but I think they should cost something like 380 MP. My last games at least one squad of obers reached vet5, it was glorious murderino all day long.

Thing is, they shouldn't go up front. They work great with a screen of volks, sturms or fussies. Like the flaktrak, they work great as support.
7 Aug 2015, 02:07 AM

But you need to upgrade your PF with G43 in order to them been able to do something. And that's 90muni. And it's still estable dps, not focus fire.

panzerfusiliers are still good for its price, 290mp good long range dps can beat all ally infantry before their weapon upgrade, except guards and shocks (PTRS snipe and shock is little too fat for fusiliers) G43 is not needed until you have spare munition to spend, but they die quite easy so need hug covers alot. as officers i don't quite understand how to use it, so it never showed up in battlefield.
7 Aug 2015, 14:57 PM
Donator 11

The reinforcement cost of Obersoldaten is what really makes them unattractive. Considering they are only marginally better than DP guards, they are not paying off.

Marginally better than Guards with DPs? Really now
7 Aug 2015, 15:20 PM

Yes.
7 Aug 2015, 15:20 PM

PTRS's do pretty high alpha damage (not as much as before but against 4 man squads it's pretty nasty) and the 2 DP's together do 13 DPS (only 1 less than the 1 LMG34 carried by Obers). So the statement that they are only marginally better in the AI category is true, they have much less utility and bleed much harder.

EDIT: Guards are better for the anti-light vehicle support they provide alone, which highlights the fact that Obers just don't have any utility.
7 Aug 2015, 15:31 PM

PTRS's do pretty high alpha damage (not as much as before but against 4 man squads it's pretty nasty) and the 2 DP's together do 13 DPS (only 1 less than the 1 LMG34 carried by Obers). So the statement that they are only marginally better in the AI category is true, they have much less utility and bleed much harder.

EDIT: Guards are better for the anti-light vehicle support they provide alone, which highlights the fact that Obers just don't have any utility.

Obers are late game HIGH DPS anti infantry unit with insane vet bonuses. Since Obers are late game infantry, I can argue man power bleeds, VP denial, sprint and smoke ability are pretty good for late game utilities.
7 Aug 2015, 19:44 PM

This is a fact.
7 Aug 2015, 19:51 PM

Obers are late game HIGH DPS anti infantry unit with insane vet bonuses. Since Obers are late game infantry, I can argue man power bleeds, VP denial, sprint and smoke ability are pretty good for late game utilities.

You would think that an unit thats 66% more expensive then a gren would have at least 66% more stats then the grens. but they dont in fact they have even less utility to the grens. And stop bringing up the vet because the okw has reduced income because of it.
7 Aug 2015, 23:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

PTRS's do pretty high alpha damage (not as much as before but against 4 man squads it's pretty nasty)

Only if they hit. And on defense cause they have to "setup".

Ober
9.98 14.492 14.518
+
7.841 4.868 3.805 (*3)
=
33.503 29.096 25.933

Guards
4.205 6.361 6.548 (*2) DP
+
4.734 2.569 1.423 (*2) Mosin
+
3.370 2.808 1.236 (*2) PTRS (Notice that now it has less damage than a Volk rifle so pick at discretion)
=
24.618 23.476 18.414
7 Aug 2015, 23:22 PM

Stuff

Which is why I commented on Alpha damage they have as opposed to saying "They have good DPS". PTRS's aren't for DPS they are for packing a huge spike of damage right at the beginning of combat.

What you just posted supports my statement:
. So the statement that they are only marginally better in the AI category is true, they have much less utility and bleed much harder.

They can shoot and kill razor wire, stave off light vehicles, and slow down tanks to help other AT options deal with them. They ooze utility while still retaining good performance against enemy infantry while not being forced to spend 2/3'rds of their life span reinforcing.

Not to sound rude but you seem to try and fact check everything I say almost exclusively and it's uh, kind of weird.
8 Aug 2015, 06:41 AM
Donator 11

let me get this clear, you are saying that guards with Dps will beat Obers with LMGs?
8 Aug 2015, 06:54 AM

let me get this clear, you are saying that guards with Dps will beat Obers with LMGs?

No, I never implied that.
8 Aug 2015, 07:09 AM
Donator 11

No, I never implied that.

Sorry, I haven't read your comment properly, was using the mobile. See, you would use Obers as anti infantry, you would use Volks with shrecks to deal with tanks, and they are much better than PTRS guards.

So you can only compare Obers vs Guards in the AI department.
8 Aug 2015, 07:21 AM

Sorry, I haven't read your comment properly, was using the mobile. See, you would use Obers as anti infantry, you would use Volks with shrecks to deal with tanks, and they are much better than PTRS guards.

So you can only compare Obers vs Guards in the AI department.

Except that's not how that works, units don't work in a vacuum. Guards can preform light AT while offering help versus medium armor while doing less but still significant AI damage. For the price you pay for them you can get a lot of use out of them. Obers don't have a point to them outside of just shooting enemy infantry and the only utility they offer is in booby trap point.

Obers are simply inefficient for what you pay for, just a simple reinforcement time/cost reduction like Sturms got would be enough.
8 Aug 2015, 07:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Which is why I commented on Alpha damage they have as opposed to saying "They have good DPS". PTRS's aren't for DPS they are for packing a huge spike of damage right at the beginning of combat.

What you just posted supports my statement:

They can shoot and kill razor wire, stave off light vehicles, and slow down tanks to help other AT options deal with them. They ooze utility while still retaining good performance against enemy infantry while not being forced to spend 2/3'rds of their life span reinforcing.

Not to sound rude but you seem to try and fact check everything I say almost exclusively and it's uh, kind of weird.

I'm not trying to argue your point cause it's correct. Guards are great all around (AT/AI), Obers are good (AI).
What i disagree is the "spike/burst" damage. Some Kar/mosin deals 16dmg and the actual PTRS is doing 27. If that would be the case, we could say Gren and Conscripts packs a huge "burst" damage. The time it takes the PTRS to fire, you are landing several shots with the other rifles.

I just like having solid stats and numbers when discussing rather than just feelings. You are one of the few here who bothers (sometimes wrongly) to make a discussion involving numbers. Then it's also a matter of personal curiosity on how much something exactly is (stats, how it works, etc) and having +5min queues on the game (COH2 and HoTS :P)

8 Aug 2015, 08:02 AM
Donator 11

Except that's not how that works, units don't work in a vacuum. Guards can preform light AT while offering help versus medium armor while doing less but still significant AI damage. For the price you pay for them you can get a lot of use out of them. Obers don't have a point to them outside of just shooting enemy infantry and the only utility they offer is in booby trap point.

Obers are simply inefficient for what you pay for, just a simple reinforcement time/cost reduction like Sturms got would be enough.

I was comparing them as AI units, Guards are more better all around infantry and now almost a must for Soviet play. Imagine if terror tactics had Guards, that DLC would have been the new meta.

Maybe reduce MP cost of Obers, but you have better options as OKW. Units change as meta changes, a few months ago it was all shocks, IS 2s now its guards, quads and ML 20. Things change
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS