Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten UP

PAGES (8)down
5 Aug 2015, 09:59 AM

Obers vs para's basically comes down to if the usf player uses the suppression fire button.
5 Aug 2015, 10:12 AM

Welp, paras are deployed in any part of the map, thats part of his cost, they shouldnt be able to win Obersoldaten in a 1vs1 in equal conditions, just because cost diference and sypposed performance, obers are AI full time job, while paras are both AI and Structure-demolition
5 Aug 2015, 15:31 PM

This thread should be about unit spacing, Obers are fine :foreveralone:
5 Aug 2015, 23:36 PM

This thread should be about unit spacing, Obers are fine :foreveralone:

you should really call them super duper soldiers instead of obers because as the nickname calls they really ARE super duper at what they do given their MP costs
5 Aug 2015, 23:43 PM

I feel obersoldaten are indeed on the weak side. At their current DPS state I think the LMG upgrade should be standard and the IR-STGs should be lowered to 45 munitions.

Either that or keep the weapons expensive and make the squad itself cheaper.
6 Aug 2015, 00:02 AM

Obers could cost 360 mp so they look better.

Do whatever with IR-STGs.
6 Aug 2015, 03:07 AM

how can u say rely on falls or jaegers when niether of those squads are nearly as good as upgraded obers? jaegers dont have the ability to laser down full health models, they have to rely on whittling down hp and then hoping the scoped g43 targets the low hp model. falls have more firepower but they suffer HEAVILY from being a 4 man squad with weak defensive modifiers at vet 0 making them very susceptible to bleed.

obers on the other hand have godlike recieved accuracy, can always engage at max range, the majority of the firepower is packed into one platform (lmg) so they laser down models quickly, have the best infantry vet in the game, and are also nondoctrinal. just because they arent the terminators they were before doesnt mean they are underpowered now. you should still easily be getting quite a few kills with these guys thanks to the fact theyre THE BEST long range infantry in the game.

because falls is 1 time payment no upgrade needed, and jaegers are good infantry against blob as it is the only 6 men rifle sq, for price of 2 obers you got around 3 sq of jaegers which is 8 models vs 18 models huge difference as it really more effective in fighting blobs and cheap reinforcement price. also falls and jaegers have pazerfust which can help the rest of the army to cripple enemy tanks force them off from an attack or unable to run away from rest your army, while obers have nothing towards vehicle units. also if you have two falls that have some vet, it can go stealth behind enemy line and takeout kachusha or uncap cut off or fuel point.

obers does good when it is vet 2 and above, but it is quite hard for them as the time they arrive on battlefield there is armor around the map already that they can't scrach, and they need wait another min more to wait for upgrade (if the OKW player have the munition to pay for it right the way otherwise it is longer wait as obers is useless with out the lmg) also as the damage reduction it is not as effective against blobs, (yesterday i have two obers with lmg lose a fight with 3 guards as PRTS snipping, I remember lose to 3 sq of rifles with bar too) its reinforcement cost is so high, if enemy have a sniper obers is pretty much only able to stay in front for less than 10-20secs, and it hurts so much in MP bleed.

if they give back ober's lmg or lmg damage it maybe justify for its price.
6 Aug 2015, 03:22 AM

because falls is 1 time payment no upgrade needed, and jaegers are good infantry against blob as it is the only 6 men rifle sq, for price of 2 obers you got around 3 sq of jaegers which is 8 models vs 18 models huge difference as it really more effective in fighting blobs and cheap reinforcement price. also falls and jaegers have pazerfust which can help the rest of the army to cripple enemy tanks force them off from an attack or unable to run away from rest your army, while obers have nothing towards vehicle units. also if you have two falls that have some vet, it can go stealth behind enemy line and takeout kachusha or uncap cut off or fuel point.

obers does good when it is vet 2 and above, but it is quite hard for them as the time they arrive on battlefield there is armor around the map already that they can't scrach, and they need wait another min more to wait for upgrade (if the OKW player have the munition to pay for it right the way otherwise it is longer wait as obers is useless with out the lmg) also as the damage reduction it is not as effective against blobs, (yesterday i have two obers with lmg lose a fight with 3 guards as PRTS snipping, I remember lose to 3 sq of rifles with bar too) its reinforcement cost is so high, if enemy have a sniper obers is pretty much only able to stay in front for less than 10-20secs, and it hurts so much in MP bleed.

if they give back ober's lmg or lmg damage it maybe justify for its price.

Your talking about Panzerfusiliers, NOT JAEGERS.
6 Aug 2015, 03:36 AM

Your talking about Panzerfusiliers, NOT JAEGERS.

ops my bad, i guess my brain stop work as it is towards late night and haven't used jagers for a long time.
6 Aug 2015, 03:56 AM

ops my bad, i guess my brain stop work as it is towards late night and haven't used jagers for a long time.

No worries, I know exactly how you feel lol.
6 Aug 2015, 04:01 AM

Only change I want to Obersoldaten is a name change.
6 Aug 2015, 05:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

But you need to upgrade your PF with G43 in order to them been able to do something. And that's 90muni. And it's still estable dps, not focus fire.
6 Aug 2015, 05:33 AM

But you need to upgrade your PF with G43 in order to them been able to do something. And that's 90muni. And it's still estable dps, not focus fire.

But once upgraded they're still the most broken infantry in the game. There's no reason that a 290 MP scouting/AI unit with a 90 muni upgrade should own a 280 MP utility unit with 120 Muni invested, at medium range. Their recon abilities also synergize ridiculously well with the JP4. And their AT rifle nade makes them somewhat viable for capping flanks. Honestly Panzerfusilier are one of the few non-Soviet things in the game that are clearly OP. (Wolverine, TWP, Ost sniper, etc.)
6 Aug 2015, 05:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 04:01 AMbobop6
Only change I want to Obersoldaten is a name change.

What about "ubersoldaten"? :D
6 Aug 2015, 05:38 AM

Also, how are vanilla Obers bad? They perform like a 6 man Grenadier squad. Quite nice as you don't need to upgrade them to perform excellently.

W..What?
Bro, without lmg or stg upgrade they are pure shit for their price. The upgrade make them justfy in a way their price, but they still need to be cheaper.
You better be carefull and buy obers only if you already have the amo for upgrade and have no imediate intention to spend it on something else. Otherwise, just pick scavange and buy some jagers. They are much , much more cost effective.
6 Aug 2015, 05:39 AM

Supersoldaten?

6 Aug 2015, 05:42 AM

Supersoldaten?

Their actual name would be "Waffen SS" but we can't have that in a game. Stosstruppen would be nice, as in Panzer General 2. Games that made history :D
6 Aug 2015, 05:50 AM

Idk gameplay wise they don't really play like SS. SS made heavy usage of MP44/MP40 if I remember correctly, and the SS would fanatically attack the enemy. Obers usage is definetly conservative, a constant MP bleeder. (Assuming they have their laser rifle, without it they are pointless.)

I don't get why they just can't be called Veteran Grenadiers, or Elite Grenadiers or something of that nature.
6 Aug 2015, 09:02 AM

I disagree on that. pf's even without the g43 are the most cost efficient long/mid range infantry in the game easily beating the grens. sure their short range dps is not really spectacular but g43's fixes that weakness.
6 Aug 2015, 11:40 AM

But once upgraded they're still the most broken infantry in the game. There's no reason that a 290 MP scouting/AI unit with a 90 muni upgrade should own a 280 MP utility unit with 120 Muni invested, at medium range. Their recon abilities also synergize ridiculously well with the JP4. And their AT rifle nade makes them somewhat viable for capping flanks. Honestly Panzerfusilier are one of the few non-Soviet things in the game that are clearly OP. (Wolverine, TWP, Ost sniper, etc.)

Almost laughing here.. there is just no winning on these forums sometimes. \ :foreveralone: /

So the explanation why obersoldaten seem underwhelming compared to panzerfusies is that the fusies were always OP. :foreveralone: I think i missed the memo on this fact. :foreveralone:

For some people OKW will always be OP.. have people seen the new OKW sweepers? They can actually detect a demo charge now, before blowing up, how's that for some OPness? :foreveralone:

Fusies the most broken infantry in the game. :foreveralone: RIP. :foreveralone:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight