Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten UP

PAGES (8)down
4 Aug 2015, 15:45 PM

OWK units should be balanced around their vet 2-3, since the faction its supposed to base on "unit preservation", i mean, having that in mind, OKW units should be not exactly worth at the start but they should perform better than other factions once they reach vet4-5 when we talk about "cost-performance", basically they should become "OP" once vet 5 but underperform at vet 0, but thats just a theory
4 Aug 2015, 16:03 PM

OWK units should be balanced around their vet 2-3, since the faction its supposed to base on "unit preservation", i mean, having that in mind, OKW units should be not exactly worth at the start but they should perform better than other factions once they reach vet4-5 when we talk about "cost-performance", basically they should become "OP" once vet 5 but underperform at vet 0, but thats just a theory

You cannot reach vet 5 if you do not perform at vet 0. The problem with this argument is that this argument is that you have only a limited set of VP's. Reaching vet 5 in that time span is rather difficult.
4 Aug 2015, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2015, 21:24 PMZyllen

Fixed that for you. the rest of your post is just ignorance. everybody and their grandmother tells you that obers are inefficient and you somehow say it is not.

You mad cause Obers are balanced now? Obers are the best infantry in the game and at max range obliterate even Paras. Please refer to Lemon post above. You clearly play only faction to understand how broken Obers were before the nerf.
4 Aug 2015, 17:08 PM

Lemon, when comparing infantry squads, from my own point of view I first evaluate if they are cost effective. If you put falls, jaeger and <upgraded> obers ('cause without a lmg/stg upgrade they are quite useless) of course obers will look better. All nice and great but the more you will build new ober squads, the more you are exposed to severe manpower bleed. Sorry, but building 1-2 ober squads won't do for me. I better build other infantry.
Let's put it like this: one ober squad in a blob of 5 squads can be safely targeted by all squads in the opposing blob and forced to retrat in 2 secs if not killed. Because the rest of the axis blob does not consist from obers, but volksgrenadier which are kinda shit at AI chapter. So you won't be able to use them properly most part of the game.

On the other hand, if I blob together 3 jaeger infantry / fusiliers and 3 volks, that will be quite different and I will find myself in a better situation than before because:

1. you can't focus on all jaegers /fusiliers at once;
2. my blob's DPS will stay there longer and decrease slower because I will retreat my jaegers / fusiliers squad by squad if you focus on them;
3. they are CHEAPER to reinforce and to buy! Alot cheaper. Losing a squad or several models won't have the same impact in my manpower flow as losing an obers squad;
4. Bonus: jaeger can be spawned from buildings so I can have them right there, right away, where I need them. Oh, and they can boby trap as obers do.

In falls' case things are a little different, but I still prefer them compared to Obers. They can be spawned from buildings and they don't lose their Fg42s while having good DPS at ALL RANGES.

So having in view all these issues I would rather say that Obers are the least cost effective infantry unit OKW has. So, as long as OKW has better units (if we take together cost effectivenes + performance) why should I build obers? This is the thing. They are maybe not UP, but certainly they are / or should be / underused by any player who knows to preserve its resources.

how can the enemy blob focus you down when you have the BEST long range infantry? you ALWAYS engage at max range with obers since the enemy is weakest at max range and the lmg34 is strongest there. if they try to close the distance just back off with ur obers and let your volks get free shots in.

because of this reason its pretty difficult to bleed obers with rifle fire since not only do they have good defensive modifiers but they also should always be at the max range of the enemy. falls on the otherhand have to get significantly closer to engage, and on top of that dont have the defensive modifers obers have meaning they are way more likely to get focused down. sure they have good DPS at all ranges, but the fact that its split into 4 men is a really bad thing. they cant laser down models, and often times each fall will target a different model, meaning that the enemy squads hp will drop, but models wont die as fast as if all the falls were targetting one model. obers avoid this problem because the lmg is the main source of damage output.

you can play however you want, i dont really care. but dont say that obers are not cost effective when they inflict a lot of manpower bleed in exchange for taking only a little damage.

also for the people saying to stop justifying ober performance around vet 4 and vet 5, im not. obers get a massive power spike at vet 2 with a whopping +40% accuracy, thats when they become a lot like the old killers they were.
4 Aug 2015, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 14:28 PMdbmb
Obers are terrible. Since the JP4 is the best tank in the game, Relic should just switch JP4 with Obers and have them buildable in BHQ. They'll come out at the same time as light vehicles hit and will still be just as useless.

Lol
4 Aug 2015, 20:47 PM

Permanently Banned
The cost is fine (for the most part, its a tad high). I'd personally lower it to 380 (hardly a difference). But mostly, the stg44 IR is really overpriced at 90 muni after the 25% dps nerf. Needs to be put down to 60.
4 Aug 2015, 21:07 PM

Permanently Banned
I'd personally lower it to 380 (hardly a difference).

Give paras passive sprint, passive suppression, extreme accuracy, and equal received accuracy as obers. Hardly a difference right? :sibHyena:
4 Aug 2015, 21:09 PM

Give paras passive sprint, passive suppression, extreme accuracy, and equal received accuracy as obers. Hardly a difference right? :sibHyena:

give obers 6 man squads, no tier restriction, air drop/reinforce, actual DPS stock before you upgrade them and sure
4 Aug 2015, 21:12 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 21:09 PMRollo

give obers 6 man squads, no tier restriction, air drop/reinforce, actual DPS stock before you upgrade them and sure

MAke paras non-doc and decrease cost to 350 in t2 and you gotta deal.

No tier restriction? that's an oxymoron

Air reinforcement? pls play USF. 290mp + relay

Stock dps? So its fine for paras to pay 120muni for an upgrade but obers get thiers free?

You cant be taken seriously
4 Aug 2015, 21:18 PM

MAke paras non-doc and decrease cost to 350 in t2 and you gotta deal.

No tier restriction? that's an oxymoron

Obers don't trade well, and being built non doc and tied to T4 means they come later than any other elite inf.

Not that USF need elite infantry anyway, 90% of my wins are from flamer/m1919 cheese.
4 Aug 2015, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 21:18 PMRollo

Obers don't trade well, and being built non doc and tied to T4 means they come later than any other elite inf.

Not that USF need elite infantry anyway, 90% of my wins are from flamer/m1919 cheese.

4 Aug 2015, 21:23 PM

You mad cause Obers are balanced now? Obers are the best infantry in the game and at max range obliterate even Paras. Please refer to Lemon post above. You clearly play only faction to understand how broken Obers were before the nerf.

No mate i only get mad at people that try to bring up a subject that is not relevant to the argument. so i will try one more time and then i will write you of as lost cause because we repeated the difference between 2 subjects a few times all ready.

Obers are a very powerful lmg squad and second most powerful lmg squad in the game with para's at the top until they reach vet 4. But they are not cost effective if for example shocks where increased to 550 mp they would still be the most powerful cc in the game but nobody would get them.

If i compare a single obersoldat to gren , rifleman or fusilier they are just horribly cost ineffective.

The obers need to cost 40 mp for reinforcement aand perhaps a slight popcap reduction. these are not major buffs.
4 Aug 2015, 21:24 PM

sure if you reduce the ammo and fuel income of the usf faction.
4 Aug 2015, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2015, 21:23 PMZyllen

No mate i only get mad at people that try to bring up a subject that is not relevant to the argument. so i will try one more time and then i will write you of as lost cause because we repeated the difference between 2 subjects a few times all ready.

Obers are a very powerful lmg squad and second most powerful lmg squad in the game with para's at the top until they reach vet 4. But they are not cost effective if for example shocks where increased to 550 mp they would still be the most powerful cc in the game but nobody would get them.

If i compare a single obersoldat to gren , rifleman or fusilier they are just horribly cost ineffective.

The obers need to cost 40 mp for reinforcement aand perhaps a slight popcap reduction. these are not major buffs.

Paratroopers best lmg squad??are you trolling????
4 Aug 2015, 22:32 PM

Whats amusing is that you think that you can...

Its ok Queen, im sure relic will give you the nuke to auto win someday... just believe!

On a serious note Paras perform far better than obers for their cost and resistance to being 1 shot. Period.
4 Aug 2015, 22:34 PM

You know for someone who trolls a lot you sure do love taking the bait
4 Aug 2015, 23:25 PM

Obers are fine for the most part. Pound for pound the best long range infantry in the game. (2nd to Paras, which curiously double as the best cqc infantry.)

4 Aug 2015, 23:30 PM

Obers are fine for the most part. Pound for pound the best long range infantry in the game. (2nd to Paras, which curiously double as the best cqc infantry.)

I will take Obers over Paras, especially in open maps. LMG-34 and insane DPS from far makes all the difference in 1 v 1 infantry engagements.
4 Aug 2015, 23:51 PM

I meant Paras are 2nd place, my bad.
5 Aug 2015, 00:02 AM

I believe a match between Paratroopers and Obers go either way from experience. Generally comes down to RNG and who ever is defending or behind cover. One thing that is great about Paratroopers is the cheap reinforcement cost at 28. Also, how are vanilla Obers bad? They perform like a 6 man Grenadier squad. Quite nice as you don't need to upgrade them to perform excellently.

For the Obers themselves I now think they are fine as it. The high reinforcement cost is due to the cheaper units OKW gets. Volksgrenadier, Sturmpioneers, Panzerfusiliers, etc. All have relative cheap cost for what they do. I recommend reading what Lemon posted earlier as he basically describes their performance well.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak