Login

russian armor

Stuart and Quad rush are pretty retarded,but....

PAGES (8)down
10 Aug 2015, 01:10 AM

Permanently Banned

Even if this package was necessary, why does it have to be better than the soviet DOCTRINAL upgrade for no reason? 3 at rifles and mines? 2 rifles and better p faust?

Axis have to be better
10 Aug 2015, 02:31 AM

I feel like I ask this alot, but why? What will this add to the game? The only truly op light armor rush is the m5, and the M5 is not exactly something counterable by infantry due to its stupid dps, timing, and suppression.

Even if this package was necessary, why does it have to be better than the soviet DOCTRINAL upgrade for no reason? 3 at rifles and mines? 2 rifles and better p faust?

OKW and Ostheer dont need jack shit. You have panzer shrecks which are the best at weapon infantry can use. Use those, and don't expect every unique weapon/ ability that the allies have to go to Germans as well, unless you are willing to give up the advantages that Axis factions have such as more efficient lategame in general.

The shittiest part about this game is the insane lack of options. Grens have 1 upgrade you always get. Volks have 1 upgrade you always get. These units don't serve a point without said upgrade. AT rifles would give them better early game for worse late game while not improving their AI performance so much that they are OP early game.

It's not just the M5 that's the issue, it's that the Axis factions are pigeonholed into ALWAYS going for something to counter the enemy at every stage of the game or you lose; and this is extremely true in the case of light vehicle rushes were you can easily get pushed right off the map or lose a large part of your army simply because your enemy can pump our light tanks/vehicles artificially before you can regardless of map control.

Panzershreks are over rated as fuck and in both factions are giant munition dumps on fragile units that squad spacing makes !!FUN!! to keep alive and can be totally negated by just pushing them around. I would gladly give up Volks Shrek for an AI upgrade and a snare, because right now I have fuck all reason to make Volks outside of having meat to cap the map with.

And this idea that Allied late game is still artificially pissweak is dumb as hell, yes USF late game is micro intensive because Relic loves their gimmicks but Soviet late game is just as powerful as OKW or Ostheer late game. Especially since they got their stock army buffed and howitzers buffed.

Sorry but people are going to have to let go of the bitter feelings from ye olde days of Axis late game domination because it's making every discussion toxic as fuck.
10 Aug 2015, 04:34 AM

^Even in Canadian game there is stronk soviet bias ^^

I've been playing WoT and WT for waaay too long.

One thing I do really hate tho - squad spacing. It makes squads way too vulnerable to SU mines, I've seen full health squads get gibbed by mines. If only things were like CoH1....
10 Aug 2015, 04:38 AM

Permanently Banned
10 Aug 2015, 04:41 AM

It's not just the M5 that's the issue, it's that the Axis factions are pigeonholed into ALWAYS going for something to counter the enemy at every stage of the game or you lose; and this is extremely true in the case of light vehicle rushes were you can easily get pushed right off the map or lose a large part of your army simply because your enemy can pump our light tanks/vehicles artificially before you can regardless of map control.

This is true of all the factions - what do you think happens to soviets who go T1 and a shock doctrine against OKW rushing a Luchs?
10 Aug 2015, 05:56 AM

This is true of all the factions - what do you think happens to soviets who go T1 and a shock doctrine against OKW rushing a Luchs?

Except that's a series of poor decisions one on top of each other. If you go for a T1 start there are tons of good guard commanders you can pick from, if you got for a T2 start their are tons of shock commanders you can pick from. And you can always go for T3 quickly now which gives you the SU-76 or T-70.

If you don't counter ISU with an Elefant or Jadgtiger, chances are on several maps your just fucked.

If you don't have a howitzer counter, your fucked.

If you don't have an AT gun ASAP pray he fucking runs into a mine because that Quadmount is going to fuck your ass into the next millennium.

Once upon a time Allies ALWAYS had to counter pick to Axis, but the roles have switched towards were you have a certain amount of MANDATORY Axis commanders you simply cannot refuse to take because they include counters to stuff that you see almost every game because they are in multiple commanders.
10 Aug 2015, 06:57 AM

Permanently Banned

Except that's a series of poor decisions one on top of each other. If you go for a T1 start there are tons of good guard commanders you can pick from, if you got for a T2 start their are tons of shock commanders you can pick from. And you can always go for T3 quickly now which gives you the SU-76 or T-70.

If you don't counter ISU with an Elefant or Jadgtiger, chances are on several maps your just fucked.

If you don't have a howitzer counter, your fucked.

If you don't have an AT gun ASAP pray he fucking runs into a mine because that Quadmount is going to fuck your ass into the next millennium.

Once upon a time Allies ALWAYS had to counter pick to Axis, but the roles have switched towards were you have a certain amount of MANDATORY Axis commanders you simply cannot refuse to take because they include counters to stuff that you see almost every game because they are in multiple commanders.

Sov had to pick commanders to stay viable for 2 years, and counting, now. Get over yourself.

What is this "now i have to choose a commander to win" crying coming from? Like where have you been?

Ost for over a year has always needed an elephant, tiger, and dive bomb commander in their loadout. To counter the reign of the isu and is2. Now that heavies are limited, switch the elephant commander with a light vehicle counter. Like, whats the issue?

Is adapting too hard?
10 Aug 2015, 07:21 AM

Sov had to pick commanders to stay viable for 2 years, and counting, now. Get over yourself.

What is this "now i have to choose a commander to win" crying coming from? Like where have you been?

Ost for over a year has always needed an elephant, tiger, and dive bomb commander in their loadout. To counter the reign of the isu and is2. Now that heavies are limited, switch the elephant commander with a light vehicle counter. Like, whats the issue?

Is adapting too hard?

It's not about choosing a commander to win, it's about being forced to chose the same 3 commanders every time to win. It's not about winning either, it's about having fun and it's not fun when your stuck always being forced into the same build order.

Iv not had a problem adapting, you can't really say the same for yourself.
10 Aug 2015, 07:25 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Is adapting too hard?

HAVING to pick a selection of 2 or 3 commanders to stay viable doesn't make for very interesting gameplay,I think ostheer players should have known how that felt when all they picked was mech assault.....Guess not.Right now I believe OKW has the most balanced commanders and they are useful in every situation.US commanders are all equally useless after 15-20 mins except maybe armor so I dunno
10 Aug 2015, 07:27 AM

It's not about choosing a commander to win, it's about being forced to chose the same 3 commanders every time to win. It's not about winning either, it's about having fun and it's not fun when your stuck always being forced into the same build order.

Welcome to soviets for the past 2 years.
10 Aug 2015, 07:30 AM

Is adapting too hard?

No, but using combined arms is for some people. To counter a Stuart or a M5 you need a pack/raken + Shreck/pfaust + 222/puma. And for some people here, it is too hard to manage. Why? Simple because the M5 is going against a certain idea of how Axis faction are supposed to work = 1 strong unit counter its Allied counter part by itself.

Combined arms are only use to support each other AI/AT. Here the M5/Stuart force you to combine early AT arms to kill it.

What Alex is simply proposing is to remove this anomaly in the meta by giving Ost/OKW a new 1 type of unit hard-counter by itself his opponent.
10 Aug 2015, 07:31 AM

I think we can conclude that, as many said 2 years ago, both Sov and Ost commander trees are FUBAR.

OKW and US commanders are okay because Relic didn't make them with the thought of milking commanders for money as blatantly as they did with Sov and Ost. (all the butthurt lol)
10 Aug 2015, 07:53 AM

Permanently Banned

Iv not had a problem adapting, you can't really say the same for yourself.

You do have an issue adapting, that's easy to figure out from reading your posts. Instead of using all options giving to you, You want relic to make one,or a group, of units gaining the ability to counter all situations.

How the hell do I have an issue adapting. You are literally the only person on this forum asking for more shit to existing units.

Stop trying to turn this into an OKW needs X,Y, and Z thread.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 07:30 AMEsxile

What Alex is simply proposing is to remove this anomaly in the meta by giving Ost/OKW a new 1 type of unit hard-counter by itself his opponent.

God forbid you have to actually use combine arms. Combined arms is an anomaly that should be exclusive to allies only. Axis should get a "counter all units" unit in t1.
10 Aug 2015, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2015, 07:27 AMKatitof

Welcome to soviets for the past 2 years.

So why make it so Soviets get to pick whatever they want and everyone else is fucked. Again; stop it with the bitter posting. Nothing in the past matters at all.

No, but using combined arms is for some people. To counter a Stuart or a M5 you need a pack/raken + Shreck/pfaust + 222/puma. And for some people here, it is too hard to manage. Why? Simple because the M5 is going against a certain idea of how Axis faction are supposed to work = 1 strong unit counter its Allied counter part by itself.

Combined arms are only use to support each other AI/AT. Here the M5/Stuart force you to combine early AT arms to kill it.

Okay it's really apparent you don't play Axis because the 222 can't counter any light vehicle in the game except the M3 and M20. The issue is Axis has no soft anti tank to counter light vehicles; it just has hard AT meant to counter medium tanks. Which means that Allied light vehicles enjoy a period of time of counter free existence since they can easily avoid the unwieldy AT options afforded early on to OKW and Ost.

I fail to see how more options could be added outside of new upgrades, but I guess you can keep on accusing half the player base of being evil and desiring "1 unit counters"
10 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM

Permanently Banned

Okay it's really apparent you don't play Axis because the 222 can't counter any light vehicle in the game except the M3 and M20.

222 counters all light vehicles if you know how to micro. I understand cerebral activity isnt one of your strong suits. 222 kills m3 and m20. 2 222's will kill AA HT and m5 quad. On top of the best non-doc AT options Ost has. Get a fucking pak and plants some damn mines if light vehicle micro taxes your brain to its limit.

Again, whats the fucking issue? Sov had to get a zis against early okw flak ht for a fucking year now. USf has had to do the same with puma rushes, by either getting zooks are a 57mm.
10 Aug 2015, 08:41 AM

So why make it so Soviets get to pick whatever they want and everyone else is fucked. Again; stop it with the bitter posting. Nothing in the past matters at all.

Okay it's really apparent you don't play Axis because the 222 can't counter any light vehicle in the game except the M3 and M20. The issue is Axis has no soft anti tank to counter light vehicles; it just has hard AT meant to counter medium tanks. Which means that Allied light vehicles enjoy a period of time of counter free existence since they can easily avoid the unwieldy AT options afforded early on to OKW and Ost.

I fail to see how more options could be added outside of new upgrades, but I guess you can keep on accusing half the player base of being evil and desiring "1 unit counters"

Roflmao, who need a soft AT when you can have a hard AT tier 2. Build a pak. 222 is a light unit that counter light units, it is a dedicated AT light unit countering dedicated AI light units. The unit isn't aimed to counter by itself medium vehicles but you can use it in combination with other AT units. Too hard for you? and you call yourself a good player :D

Like Katikif says, it has been meta for Allied faction for months facing early Puma/Luch/Ostwind. This is probably why it doesn't seem incredibly hard to manage for people playing Allied factions.
10 Aug 2015, 08:46 AM

Nerf T3 of soviets plxerino!
10 Aug 2015, 09:20 AM
Patrion 14

The shittiest part about this game is the insane lack of options. Grens have 1 upgrade you always get. Volks have 1 upgrade you always get. These units don't serve a point without said upgrade. AT rifles would give them better early game for worse late game while not improving their AI performance so much that they are OP early game.

Why do Volks and grens need this? Grens aren't supposed yo counter light armor because you already have paks, 222s, and Pshrecks in t2 to do the job for you. If you choose to not tech and use your factions at, you have Noone to blame but yourself. You dont see usf lt players or t1 soviet players complaining that they get hard countered by vehicles.

So in other words, they are stuck doing exactly what usf has been doing? USF has to go captain tier, since their LT tier gets murdered by 222s and okw period. Getting counters is part of the game. You have no business complaining that you have to get counters for certain units, especially when you have easy access to counters for vehicles that also cost fuel to use.

If you make the decision to take an extended tier 1, then you must be willing to reap the consequences when the allied player shuts you down with light vehicle play. You got countered, it's part of the game, and all factions have to deal with it.

Panzershreks are over rated as fuck and in both factions are giant munition dumps on fragile units that squad spacing makes !!FUN!! to keep alive and can be totally negated by just pushing them around. I would gladly give up Volks Shrek for an AI upgrade and a snare, because right now I have fuck all reason to make Volks outside of having meat to cap the map with.

Overrated? What? Pshrecks allow you to counter all allied armor short of the is2 and isu152, and thus are shit? You can't attack move with them. Use them to support your paks and other at sources, not a blob of long distance death.

Squad spacing is an issue, but it affects all factions. I wouldn't consider okw any weaker than usf vs. this for example.

And this idea that Allied late game is still artificially pissweak is dumb as hell, yes USF late game is micro intensive because Relic loves their gimmicks but Soviet late game is just as powerful as OKW or Ostheer late game. Especially since they got their stock army buffed and howitzers buffed.

As long as allies need more micro for their lategame, they will be weaker in the lategame. That is just a fact. Okw and ostheer have straight up heavies within their normal tech, not to mention mediums that scale into heavy-mediums with vet.

Axis have better scaling units (veterancy + stock upgrades). Scaling is the key word, and it directly translates to a lategame power spike.

Sorry but people are going to have to let go of the bitter feelings from ye olde days of Axis late game domination because it's making every discussion toxic as fuck.

You are projecting. There is no "bitter" feelings from the ye Olde days. Axis has a lategame advantage, which can be proved quite empirically with the statistics from 4s and 3s, where the lategame comes much faster.

You still haven't given a valid reason for grens and Volks to get at rifle upgrades stock that are far superior to that given for conscripts doctrinally. Hell, you still haven't given a valid reason for this upgrade to be needed at all.
10 Aug 2015, 09:25 AM

muahhahahah Alex crying because he doesn´t have a clue how to use combined arms muahahhaha, you behaviour here is a joke xD.

repeat with me, 222, pak, shrek.

again!!!

222, pak, shrek, 222, pak, shrek, 222, pak, shrek.

Ye?????? we can rinse and repeat if you didn´t get it yet. Don´t be shamed to say you need it one more time...

222, pak, shrek.

Well, out of joking, is going to happen something with this kind of users than flood and dearil every thread with their opinion? is it OK than in a 100 posts thread, more than 30 are from Alex???? It is not fair nor healthy at all for the community.

Go play the game or to spend your spare time in another way, it is not OK you break the flow of this forum with your opinions once and other and other and other....

It is really disgusting....

sorry for my bad english. Please mods, do something, this is not Alex2.org, is COH2.org....Each day I have less reasons to visit this forum, and the main reason to not do it is the behaviour of this user...It is ruining the experience for the most of the users registered here. It is not funny anymore to came here to see the opinion of just this guy....If this was my target, I would visit his blog, not this forum (FORUM FORUM FORUM, not a personal blog).

This thread show you what I´m talking about in a very clear way. Yet, there are tons of others thread where you can see this very same issue with Alex.

Please, shut up for once...
10 Aug 2015, 09:55 AM

222 counters all light vehicles if you know how to micro. I understand cerebral activity isnt one of your strong suits. 222 kills m3 and m20. 2 222's will kill AA HT and m5 quad. On top of the best non-doc AT options Ost has. Get a fucking pak and plants some damn mines if light vehicle micro taxes your brain to its limit.

Again, whats the fucking issue? Sov had to get a zis against early okw flak ht for a fucking year now. USf has had to do the same with puma rushes, by either getting zooks are a 57mm.

M15 AA track wrecks 2 222s. idk about quad. Guards in an M3 can fight a 222 also.

But yeah I know what you mean. it's funny how axis players complain about light vehicles when they have a shit ton of counters. Best infantry AT ingame, camo Raks, Paks, mines, and cheap ass autocannons. Soviet T3 timing should be looked at but a lot of the problems are adapting.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 72
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak