Login

russian armor

UKF - Know your units - .Emplacements

30 Jul 2015, 18:26 PM
30 Jul 2015, 18:29 PM
Donator 33

17 pounder got a piercing shot ability? Well, I guess it can't shoot through obstacles by default then :luvDerp:
30 Jul 2015, 18:34 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Anyone notice this?

There's three different bulletins for the 3-inch Mortar Emplacement.
30 Jul 2015, 18:37 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 18:34 PMnigo
Anyone notice this?

You can probably choose which type of ammo you want it to use. :sibHyena:
30 Jul 2015, 19:08 PM

Anyone notice this?

From an undisclosed source on Youtube, it sounds like switching shells. Except you've got three shell types (standard HE, light HE, and WP) to switch from instead of two like on the M4 Sherman. Although listing them as intel bulletins sounds mighty weird.

However, is these really are bulletins, then single intel bulletins might have an actual impact on gameplay. If they are, bravo Relic.
30 Jul 2015, 19:11 PM

I'm sorry but wasn't Relic's goal with CoH2 in the beginning to make it less campy than vCOH?

Here we have something of a copy paste of vCOH brits, which are one of the campiest factions ever, in coh2...
30 Jul 2015, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 18:26 PMnigo
http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/07/30/the-british-forces-know-your-units-emplacements

hell yesz the 17pdr is back! just as I predicted =). axis fanboys with their more-bang-for-their-buck tanks wont be happy when they see this emplacement being built on the map. that things a REAL tank killer after all it was the brits 88.
30 Jul 2015, 19:13 PM

All hardcountered by leig/ost mortar Kappa.

And obvious anything bigger and anything that does flame damage...

Emplacements near died out in the Alpha once they nerfed their invincibility. Mortar emplacement was still most common for obvious reasons...
30 Jul 2015, 19:15 PM

All hardcountered by leig/ost mortar Kappa.

And obvious anything bigger and anything that does flame damage...

dont forget brits have mortar emplacements too! especially if they put it in choke-point or vital area with infantry to respond to threats
30 Jul 2015, 19:58 PM

I'm sorry but wasn't Relic's goal with CoH2 in the beginning to make it less campy than vCOH?

Here we have something of a copy paste of vCOH brits, which are one of the campiest factions ever, in coh2...

Considering the Bofors and the 17 Pounder emplacements cost fuel, have hope. :)

Also, there's still the purported "Hammer" and "Anvil" specialization thingys they've been talking about to consider. Sounds a lot like the Eastern Front mod's way of unlocking units with the Ostheer faction.
30 Jul 2015, 20:25 PM

I don't think it's NDA anymore now that they were featured, so:
HE are like the 120mm but short range, Light HE are like the standard Mortar but longer range, and White Phosphorous Smoke is self-explanatory.

They're not that campy, we already have OKW with Fortifications Doctrine, the Brits aren't any worse than this.
Jeo
30 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM
Patrion 39

I don't see how you can say this when a common strategy for Axis is to spam MG's, Mortars, and AT until they can get tanks out. All of these units are by their very nature "campish", but then that's part of the game. The only difference is that now the Allies will have a faction that can actually defend an entrenched position.

30 Jul 2015, 20:59 PM

hell yesz the 17pdr is back! just as I predicted =). axis fanboys with their more-bang-for-their-buck tanks wont be happy when they see this emplacement being built on the map. that things a REAL tank killer after all it was the brits 88.
Just another Sturmtiger target. Those tears will be real.
30 Jul 2015, 21:07 PM

Just another Sturmtiger target. Those tears will be real.

brits were good at defense in the previous game prolly 1 shot from a sturm wont really blow it up it will prolly take 2
30 Jul 2015, 21:10 PM

brits were good at defense in the previous game prolly 1 shot from a sturm wont really blow it up it will prolly take 2
Then that´s bullshit. Cancer faction is back. :hyper:

I have my hopes up though that they wont go full retard. If it can blow up mediums with one shot, it will probably be able to oneshot static stuff.
30 Jul 2015, 21:18 PM

Can people stop drawing conclusions when they haven't even fully played nor seen the faction?
30 Jul 2015, 21:19 PM

Then that´s bullshit. Cancer faction is back. :hyper:

I have my hopes up though that they wont go full retard. If it can blow up mediums with one shot, it will probably be able to oneshot static stuff.

currently axis are still hogging and hoarding all of the best AT, armor and infantry in-game so i expect the brits to be on par with the axis because in most auto-matches with players i've seen with my own two eyes at least 70% want to play axis more than allies
30 Jul 2015, 21:29 PM

Iirc there was also a mix mode so that the mortar was shooting a mix of light he and wp
30 Jul 2015, 22:00 PM

"Flamethrowers, Mortars, and Artillery weapon types will do bonus damage to British Emplacements. These weapon types were supposed to perform much better versus the British Emplacements than its current form. Players are encouraged to "Brace Structure" if they feel threatened by these abilities.
Deals bonus damage against emplacements"

Stuka dive bomb, double Ost mortar, OKW lieg, stuka zu fuss, lefh artillery, and practically all offmaps - especially stuka at strafe - obliterate these emplacements. That is, if brace is the same, health is the same, and bonus damage is the same as it was in the Alpha.

I dont know if Sturmtiger works, since Fireflies arent too bad excluding the too long reload Relic put on them usually negate a ton of armor. So no one bothered building sturmtigers.

Excuse me if drawing from NDA which might not be the same upon release clarifies some things.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★