Login

russian armor

UKF - Know your units - .Emplacements

31 Jul 2015, 15:21 PM

Still very funny how relic has framerate issues in their own game :foreveralone:
31 Jul 2015, 15:26 PM

17 pounder OP Kappa
31 Jul 2015, 15:34 PM

17 pounder OP Kappa

from the looks of the trailer the 17pdr gun is fine as long as it got guaranteed pen and doesnt have to pray to the RNG god, on the other hand USF 57mm AT cant do jack shit against anything bigger than a panzer IV or Ostwind meanwhile axis still hog and hoard all the best AT, armor and infantry in-game with no worry of RNG so i'd say both sides are close to even now.
31 Jul 2015, 15:36 PM

It was sarcasmerino :-) NDA for me
31 Jul 2015, 15:55 PM

Me and many other players were against immobile mortars in this game in alpha..
31 Jul 2015, 16:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

:hansGASM: FINALLY I CAN CAMP TO THE TOP!!
31 Jul 2015, 16:09 PM

from the looks of the trailer the 17pdr gun is fine as long as it got guaranteed pen and doesnt have to pray to the RNG god, on the other hand USF 57mm AT cant do jack shit against anything bigger than a panzer IV or Ostwind meanwhile axis still hog and hoard all the best AT, armor and infantry in-game with no worry of RNG so i'd say both sides are close to even now.

Man dont you get tired of saying the same thing every topic? LOL
31 Jul 2015, 16:16 PM

Man dont you get tired of saying the same thing every topic? LOL

until USF gets new hardware to be on par with the axis and when the brits are out on September 3, the answer to your question is no
31 Jul 2015, 22:23 PM

I've got to say, I'm really excited to use the double mortar pit! Creeping Smoke Barrage will be super handy to use with the double mortar making the smokescreen come down faster. I'm hoping the "Light HE" rounds fire with a range (Not Damage) matching the 120mm to make up for lack of movement.

Though I do wonder just how much of an effect garrisoning them would have?

For anyone fearing Emplacements in CoH2, you have very useful tools in this game you didn't have in CoH1. Does anyone remember that Smoke Bomb Run the Ostheer have? No need for Mortars this time to come into range and the Emplacements are blind. The British Achilles Heel. :P

There's also the Blizzard Maps. Think of how vulnerable they become then! :o
31 Jul 2015, 23:07 PM

I've got to say, I'm really excited to use the double mortar pit! Creeping Smoke Barrage will be super handy to use with the double mortar making the smokescreen come down faster. I'm hoping the "Light HE" rounds fire with a range (Not Damage) matching the 120mm to make up for lack of movement.

Though I do wonder just how much of an effect garrisoning them would have?

For anyone fearing Emplacements in CoH2, you have very useful tools in this game you didn't have in CoH1. Does anyone remember that Smoke Bomb Run the Ostheer have? No need for Mortars this time to come into range and the Emplacements are blind. The British Achilles Heel. :P

There's also the Blizzard Maps. Think of how vulnerable they become then! :o

Which is why there are more expensive (and mobile) subsitutes for them. Firefly functions as the mobile 17 pounder emplacement, and the centaur AA as the 40mm bofors replacement. Except the mortar emplacement has no conventional alternative...

17 pounder emplacement has flares for blizzards MVGame, and garrisoning is pretty important, so i dont know why they didnt include the fact that in order to use an ability, it must be garrisoned... I thought that was neat.
31 Jul 2015, 23:55 PM

Brits get heavy AT, creeping smoke barrage for early game, and reliable armor?

My question is, why aren't they just getting rid of USF? Fucking joke of an incomplete faction.
1 Aug 2015, 00:52 AM

Pak43 - 500MP, shooting through everything all the time.
17 Pounder - 400MP 75F - can shoot through only with ability + it will be quite easy to deny it when consider it does not shoot through everything + Ostheer Air abilites, Stuka, Sturmtiger, MHT etc.

The key difference is that the Pak 43 can be decrewed easily by anything that can kill a Pak 40 Crew, while the 17 Pounder can only be decrewed in the same way a vehicle is.

until USF gets new hardware to be on par with the axis and when the brits are out on September 3, the answer to your question is no

I have bad news for you about the US Army and it's equipment during World War II...
1 Aug 2015, 01:15 AM

Which is why there are more expensive (and mobile) subsitutes for them. Firefly functions as the mobile 17 pounder emplacement, and the centaur AA as the 40mm bofors replacement. Except the mortar emplacement has no conventional alternative...

17 pounder emplacement has flares for blizzards MVGame, and garrisoning is pretty important, so i dont know why they didnt include the fact that in order to use an ability, it must be garrisoned... I thought that was neat.

More expensive... Wow, that Firefly is going to be a rare vehicle indeed since the 17 Pounder costs a lot already. Still, I'm sure it's worth it in the end.

As for the 17 Pounder Flare, I'm sure the British will need to watch their Munitions savings on winter maps. I'd going to take a guess that Flares will cost 40 Munitions. Decent countermeasure though, even if flares staying in the air during a blizzard seems far fetched to me. XD

EDIT: PLEASE let the 17 Pounder manage to hit Pumas this time around!
1 Aug 2015, 01:45 AM

As for the 17 Pounder Flare, I'm sure the British will need to watch their Munitions savings on winter maps. I'd going to take a guess that Flares will cost 40 Munitions. Decent countermeasure though, even if flares staying in the air during a blizzard seems far fetched to me. XD

Well... I would think the abilities will cost munitions now. In Alpha, the flare ability for 17 pounder and magic suppression barrage of 40mm Bofors could only be used when an infantry squad garrisoned them, but the abilities were free.

Also, its a shame the video did not show off Bofors suppression ability. The Bofors shoots 3 barrages of shells in the air, and it can suppress infantry in any location literally around 70 range away from it. The first time i saw it, i was extremely confused because the emplacement was miles from where it was shooting.
1 Aug 2015, 01:52 AM

So that's how the Bofors does it! Gotta say, it does make sense. When the Shrapnel explodes over your head, it's going to make you hit the dirt. I'm loving the sound of these updated emplacements! :D
1 Aug 2015, 10:17 AM

The key difference is that the Pak 43 can be decrewed easily by anything that can kill a Pak 40 Crew, while the 17 Pounder can only be decrewed in the same way a vehicle is.

And I'm not sure if it is advantage or not. I mean, sure, it's easy to decrew Pak43 but you can re-crew it and repair. So once you lose Pak43 (crew) you don't need to spend another 500 to make second.

For example, enemy will mortar 17punder till death, while Pak43 only till crew is gone and then switch target - in meantime you can repair it and re-crew.

But it's hard right now. We'll see how it wil work.
8 Aug 2015, 09:55 AM
Donator 22

I'm not a fan of those static emplacements. Too vulnerable too flames etc. and too expensive.
8 Aug 2015, 22:35 PM

I'm not a fan of those static emplacements. Too vulnerable too flames etc. and too expensive.

you can always go firefly the choice is there now
8 Aug 2015, 23:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Double mortah (sic) does not compensate for mobility...brace yourself.. ;)
8 Aug 2015, 23:49 PM

brace yourself.. ;)

I see what you did there. :clap:

I can imagine the pain trying to balance those emplacements - too strong and a set of emplacements will counter their own counters, too weak and they won't be worth a thing. Could be a problem in team games with spare resources, but we shall see.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
unknown 2
unknown 56
United States 38
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L