Switch MG34 and Kübelwagen
Option Distribution Votes
47%
39%
14%
Total votes: 51
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 Jul 2015, 12:50 PM

Oberkommando West is the only faction without nondoctrinal HMG. Choosing a diffrent doctrine than Luftwaffe or Fortifications leaves player without a HMG and mid-late game suppression unit. How often do you see Kübels in late game? Meanwhile Ostheer, USA, and Soviets can suppress with their machine guns OKW cant have a HMG at all.

My suggestion is, that Kübelwagen becomes a CP 0 unit to Luftwaffe and Fortifications doctrines. MG34 would be moved to HQ or Battlegroup Headquarters.

Relic has showed already, that they can rework existing doctrines, so why this wouldnt happen?

What are the benefits from this?

-More combined arms, which CoH2 is all about.
-Less elite infantry skilltrains of death. (Jägertrains, Panzerfusilier-officer trains)
-Better gameplay.

/EDIT Oops, the poll is wrong. If some moderator could fix the last option, "and move Kubel to commanders"
26 Jul 2015, 12:55 PM
Donator 11

Would be a more fair game as the kubal can hold off a whole allied advance in the early game. However, I would be concerned how OKW would fair as this unit tends to be what keeps them in the game at its early stage 3-5 mins.
Hux
26 Jul 2015, 13:01 PM
Patrion 14

I've always found the Kubel to be a really clumsily designed unit. The moving firing arc just looks so clunky. I'd be OK with integrating the MG34 into OKW tech and replace the doctrinal version with the 42 version for extra suppression.

In fact, if this was the case I'd remove the suppression ability from the Kubel and maybe give it the same gun performance as other scout cars, only its arc of fire is the front 180 degrees, meaning that awful firing arc doesn't need to be displayed at all.

I'm no balance expert though, maybe this would be overkill..
26 Jul 2015, 13:59 PM

Oops, accidentally post lol
26 Jul 2015, 14:02 PM

I always wanted to switch them but then I realized that 0CP Kubel might not be good solution. Well executed Kubel+HMG+SP can be unstoppable sometimes.
26 Jul 2015, 14:04 PM

What do you mean? Kübel is already CP 0, you can build it from the start. If you are worried about build time, just make it like medium callins are now, the unit is in tech structure with buildtime.
26 Jul 2015, 14:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 14:04 PMl4hti
What do you mean? Kübel is already CP 0, you can build it from the start. If you are worried about build time, just make it like medium callins are now, the unit is in tech structure with buildtime.

He means if the HMG34 were at the HQ, and if Kubels were a 0CP commander unit, it could be a pretty powerful combo with Sturmpioneers.
26 Jul 2015, 14:22 PM

Why are people trying to turn OKW into ost. You like ost, you play ost. It is also possible to keep the kubel alive pretty long.. :foreveralone:
26 Jul 2015, 14:36 PM

Why are people trying to turn OKW into ost. You like ost, you play ost. It is also possible to keep the kubel alive pretty long.. :foreveralone:

Aaand /thread.
26 Jul 2015, 14:45 PM

if switch then kurb need be at 0 cp, because at 1 cp it can't survive
26 Jul 2015, 15:05 PM

On the one hand I feel it would make sense, on the other hand it would be another step to make OKW too similar to other factions.
26 Jul 2015, 15:16 PM

Well better solution would be to move MG34 to battlegroup HQ, too much suppression spam early game if MG34 were in HQ, like Australian magic said.

And for Silencer and Katitof making MG34 nondoctrinal doesnt make OKW Ostheer...
26 Jul 2015, 15:24 PM

Kubel is most likely going to be made into a scout with like relic was trying out in alpha. The MG should be moved to the medic HQ building to reinforce it's infantry centric playstyle, the base HQ already has enough.
26 Jul 2015, 16:22 PM
Donator 11

I also think it would improve OKW gameplay in general if the HMG is part of the stock units.

And I would also put it into the Medic HQ. Thus it makes sure that you cant cheese out early game strats but still have some crowd control. One of the more problematic issues for OKW.
26 Jul 2015, 16:48 PM
Donator 22

I like the idea! Make the kubel 1-2 CP and give them a little bit more HP.
This stops the early cut-off rush against allies. Especially against USF.
Edit:
And MG34 pls not from the HQ. Medic truck maybe :foreveralone:
26 Jul 2015, 18:10 PM

Ostheer is well designed, everyone wants every faction to be like Ost because people like non-retarded faction design.
26 Jul 2015, 18:21 PM

It's not about "Being like Ost", it's about being well designed. If something works and another thing doesn't work, does it not make sense to go with the option that does work?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★