Login

russian armor

USF Underpowered. I HATE axis.

23 Jul 2015, 06:57 AM

I am so sick of getting wrecked by German tanks and shrek blobs...I can't stand it anymore. Their infantry...

Just playing. Lol. While I do hate germans, this isn't another thread about someone bitching. (I have a terrible sense of humor - I know :)).

Anyways, all kidding aside, I have creeped this forum for about a month or so now and have yet to see anyone mention this (minus comments or replies). And no, this isn't some thread about me whining - just a question...

Has relic made any mention to adding rangers? Or other infantry types for the US to play with in the upcoming September 3rd patch? Or maybe a new starting vehicle that isn't commander related?

I get that they have paratroopers and other commander related infantry, BUT, even with that being said, they still lack the diversity of every other faction.

I love the USF and I love my rifleman, it's just...I feel like it's kind of boring not being able to mix it up and having to build x amount of riflemen to start EVERY SINGLE GAME is so effing predictable. I would love the ability to be able to mix it up - sort of like the soviets can. You never know if they are going to go sniper or flame car...or mgs and mortars.

Any information would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has ideas or any creative input on a new unit or vehicle that could be added...please share! The typical "add rangers" will be tossed around. But did marines fight in Europe? How about making it so we could build more than one Captian or LT at a time, but for an increase cost?

I am just making this shit up. Lol. But any ideas or information would be welcomed!
23 Jul 2015, 07:13 AM

23 Jul 2015, 07:15 AM

How not to make a balance thread:

1. Calling faction underpowered
2. Announce hatred for counterpart faction
23 Jul 2015, 07:22 AM

How not to make a balance thread:

1. Calling faction underpowered
2. Announce hatred for counterpart faction

Okay, apparently we need to clarify. This is NOT balance thread. I am not discussing unit strength or weakness...nor am I discussing faction strength or weakness. Me mentioning the USF only having riflemen (primarily) was stated to get my point across and transition into my ultimate question.

Also, you failed to make any effort to answer my question: aka: the point my this post. Has relic announced any additional US infantry for the upcoming patch? A yes or no would have sufficed.

Thank you for your wonderful input though. I'll make sure to limit my post to the exact question at hand next time and leave out the other filler text and goofing around. I keep forgetting the Internet is an unforgiving place.
23 Jul 2015, 07:31 AM

I don't know if trolling or....

I'll answer it in a serious way none the less.

LOLw0wwww: I love the USF and I love my rifleman, it's just...I feel like it's kind of boring not being able to mix it up and having to build x amount of riflemen to start EVERY SINGLE GAME is so effing predictable.

That's the core of the USF. The fact that you only need riflemen to dominate the early game. Their versatility comes from what oyu kit them out with.

If you want more units play ARMOURED OR MOTORISED company. They both have Tier one options that change the way USF is played, from the hit n run style Jeep or the defensively minded Combat Engie's.

Take a deep breath and stay calm, because the USF is a incredible faction at the moment, but variety they have none, thats their advantage as much as their curse.

23 Jul 2015, 07:33 AM

Just a notice:
Most people will simply read the headline and then write something about the topic because they are simply to lazy to read the whole post.

Your text is stating something absolutely different than your headline does. This could become a problem.
23 Jul 2015, 07:39 AM

Just a notice:
Most people will simply read the headline and then write something about the topic because they are simply to lazy to read the whole post.

Your text is stating something absolutely different than your headline does. This could become a problem.

Yeah, lol, I figured. I probably will never do that again.
23 Jul 2015, 07:40 AM
Patrion 14

Just a notice:

Good you posted this, after I saw this I actually have read the whole post :p

I like USF, it took me some time to appreciate the faction. Teching nades/bars can make the faction more interesting. Uhuh, I know its not much, but for me it makes the faction more fun. There are different viable strats now with USF. Lieutenant and Captain are now very usable!

In my opinion the riflemen start is not really a problem because the faction has such a fast tech.

Just keep messing around and try to enjoy the game, its highly enjoyable now!!
23 Jul 2015, 07:45 AM

USF meta encourages blobbing, blob counters are now really common. What USF is going through is what OKW went threw after the Ober/Shrek nerf.

Like Iv yet to face a top 200 USF player who didn't eventually just blob a huge army of Para's with LMG's or rifles with LMG's or BAR's + some zooks sprinkled in across the map killing enemy infantry in like 2 seconds before his army eventually gets evaporated by a Sturmtiger or he runs into an MG wall.

Meta shifts suck, they require you to relearn the game essentially and USF meta has been stale for so long that I think people are having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that USF as a faction is gimmicky as hell and said gimmicks make it boring to play and fucking awful to play against.

Hopefully Relic will eventually learn with USF what they did with OKW and do some redesigning to make things more interesting.
23 Jul 2015, 07:45 AM

I don't know if trolling or....

I'll answer it in a serious way none the less.

LOLw0wwww: I love the USF and I love my rifleman, it's just...I feel like it's kind of boring not being able to mix it up and having to build x amount of riflemen to start EVERY SINGLE GAME is so effing predictable.

That's the core of the USF. The fact that you only need riflemen to dominate the early game. Their versatility comes from what oyu kit them out with.

If you want more units play ARMOURED OR MOTORISED company. They both have Tier one options that change the way USF is played, from the hit n run style Jeep or the defensively minded Combat Engie's.

Take a deep breath and stay calm, because the USF is a incredible faction at the moment, but variety they have none, thats their advantage as much as their curse.

I am calm, man. And no, no trolling, I guess my sense of humor got the best of me (no regrets lol).

Thank you for your answer...and I will make sure to give those commanders a try. As stated earlier, I love riflemen and I love their "do it all" abilities. In a way, I guess I wish the USF had units that would be GREAT at one thing (shock troops for killing infantry at close range) instead of just being good at everything. Or maybe I'm just tired of the same unit over and over again - regardless of ability. Who knows.

I suppose that's a "no" to whether or not relic will be adding any new infantry or vehicle types to the USF?

23 Jul 2015, 07:46 AM

Adding the 40 cal. and the ATG to the HQ would be a good start. Just make the ATG only be unlocked after you get Lgt. or Cap.

Also making it to were you can easily back tech and get all of the american tools would be cool.

Thompson Rak. Ow plz add a Thompson Rak.
23 Jul 2015, 07:47 AM

You may request a change to the thread title if you wish so. :)
23 Jul 2015, 07:51 AM

Adding the 40 cal. and the ATG to the HQ would be a good start. Just make the ATG only be unlocked after you get Lgt. or Cap.

Also making it to were you can easily back tech and get all of the american tools would be cool.

Thompson Rak. Ow plz add a Thompson Rak.

adding the .50 call to the USF HQ would make USF early game more brutally powerful than it already is.
23 Jul 2015, 07:54 AM

USF meta encourages blobbing, blob counters are now really common. What USF is going through is what OKW went threw after the Ober/Shrek nerf.

Like Iv yet to face a top 200 USF player who didn't eventually just blob a huge army of Para's with LMG's or rifles with LMG's or BAR's + some zooks sprinkled in across the map killing enemy infantry in like 2 seconds before his army eventually gets evaporated by a Sturmtiger or he runs into an MG wall.

Meta shifts suck, they require you to relearn the game essentially and USF meta has been stale for so long that I think people are having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that USF as a faction is gimmicky as hell and said gimmicks make it boring to play and fucking awful to play against.

Hopefully Relic will eventually learn with USF what they did with OKW and do some redesigning to make things more interesting.

Not entirely sure what context the word "meta" us being used in...or what it means, but you sound like you know what you're talking about. Lol.

I agree! USF bores the hell out of me. All balance issues aside, it's just boring. I can't count how many games I play where it turns out exactly like you described.

So, I assume no additional units will be added come September 3rd?
23 Jul 2015, 07:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 07:47 AMsteel

I dont know how. Lol. But you have my verbal consent to do as you please kind sir.
23 Jul 2015, 07:57 AM

Not entirely sure what context the word "meta" us being used in...or what it means, but you sound like you know what you're talking about. Lol.

I agree! USF bores the hell out of me. All balance issues aside, it's just boring. I can't count how many games I play where it turns out exactly like you described.

So, I assume no additional units will be added come September 3rd?

OKW and USF have been waiting so long for new content at this point I think Relic probably isn't going to ever add any new stuff for either faction since they have been spending their time working on Brits and they are going to be working on an entirely new game soon.
23 Jul 2015, 07:59 AM

OKW and USF have been waiting so long for new content at this point I think Relic probably isn't going to ever add any new stuff for either faction since they have been spending their time working on Brits and they are going to be working on an entirely new game soon.

Thank you! That's what I was wondering. It's saddening to hear...but understandable all the same. Thanks man.
23 Jul 2015, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 07:47 AMsteel

Keep it. It is very funny to watch when people reply not reading OP :)
23 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM

From what I know on the rumour mill there might be new commanders (god knows the USF and OKW need more) but as so far as confirmed nil.

There's plenty of possibilities models have been found for lots of things, however Relic chooses to keep allot of these locked to Single Player to keep faction diversity up.
23 Jul 2015, 09:40 AM

Dont play teamgames with randoms when playing USF. Only play them in 2v2 AT or 1v1. Problem solved :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★