Login

russian armor

M5 Quadrush

PAGES (16)down
23 Jul 2015, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 19:41 PMKatitof

Because you're not factoring in 120mun.
Thats resource too, which bumps the cost.

FHT upgrade is 120 aswel.. yet nowhere close to as good as the quad...

FHT is 120 muni working as intended, Quad is 120 muni overperforming.
23 Jul 2015, 03:48 AM

I say wait and see, but once again(as with the MG42)Relic buffed one aspect of a unit in the last two patches due to under-performance in one area and then buffed the other area leading to a unit that is over-performing.

I don't think the M5 needs a major nerf, but a cost increase in fuel wouldn't hurt; overall we won't likely get any changes until Sept 3, unless the whole meta devolves into M5 blobs.
23 Jul 2015, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 23:16 PMBarrier
The Quad halftrack is pretty good vs infantry, but its also really good vs vehicles. It shreds everything, scout cars, halftracks, it can even kill a puma (with some support). That doesn't seem right to me.

All halftrucks do that tbh.

@Corsin
Isn't it 90? For a loooong time now? Pretty much since it was locked behind BP2?
23 Jul 2015, 07:38 AM

There isn't any HT in the game that approaches the M5 in anti light armor ability. You can rush an M5 across the map into the enemies base to kill is Stuka's and take almost no damage.

It needs a set up time badly.
23 Jul 2015, 08:08 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2015, 07:25 AMKatitof

All halftrucks do that tbh.

@Corsin
Isn't it 90? For a loooong time now? Pretty much since it was locked behind BP2?

No its always stayed at 120. Quad dps is honestly insane. Either reinforcement should be taken away for the quad, or it gets a dps nerf. Because it really is too good. It can be good, without being OP. But right now its OP.
23 Jul 2015, 08:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I haven't faced the Quad in the current iteration of its quick timing, but the Quad mount itself is very powerful and is very good at running down squad simply due to sheer volume of fire (20 rounds per second of burst) and the high damage of each round(12).

I don't think it should be stationary like the other AA Half-tracks, but this upgrade is incredibly powerful for its timing and the T-70 only has recon mode and only thing it's going to fight better is the Luchs. I'd say its well above the old flame half-track given the platform itself is pretty good and the weapon has range. I would move the upgrade back as some have suggested. Yes, it means the Quad will not be as dominant and could have a timing issue in terms of shock value compared to its predecessor a patch ago, but it'll be a very powerful tool late game to provide AI, AA, counter-harassment and reinforce support.

Anyways, here are some numbers that show how powerful the Quad mount is, especially when it closes in. Left side is in-game metres, right is DPS at that distance.

0/10/20/30/40/45: 68.8/68.8/47.2/30.3/16.8/11.1
23 Jul 2015, 08:41 AM

Move M5 to T4. Do it doctrinal. No more one on field. No replace. 32 CP. Oorah!
23 Jul 2015, 08:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Allied & good -> nerf

Ostheer sniper is more OP than this thing.
23 Jul 2015, 10:20 AM

All I can say about Quad rush (double).

Random double OST versus AT double Soviets with quite good rank, rushing with Snipers, followed by Quads rush, SU76 and ML-20 base rape.

Vs Ostheer infantry doctrine and the one with LeFH and Command Pz4.

I admit, quad might be sometimes OP, but even versus better, AT team it can be handled somehow. So when it comes to equal players I think it's not that big issue.

PS
T4 for upgrade is too late.
23 Jul 2015, 11:23 AM

please show me a replay where you have a pak, multiple mines and panzerschrecks before a rushed M5 is raping your units :snfPeter:

What a stupid comment. I can also do that: Show me a replay where you had multiple personnel mines up before rushed sturmpios pushed you off a fuel point.
23 Jul 2015, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 23:16 PMBarrier
The Quad halftrack is pretty good vs infantry, but its also really good vs vehicles. It shreds everything, scout cars, halftracks, it can even kill a puma (with some support). That doesn't seem right to me.

I heard an M5 killed 2 sturmtigers by facetanking them. But it had help from a combat engineer.
23 Jul 2015, 14:26 PM

What a stupid comment. I can also do that: Show me a replay where you had multiple personnel mines up before rushed sturmpios pushed you off a fuel point.

i can show you a replay where i hold off rushed sturmpioneers together with a kubelwagen from a fuel point by spamming maxims

your comment is stupid, makes no sense and you need to l2p :snfPeter:
23 Jul 2015, 22:11 PM

I just had a thought. Now before I get accused of hitting this with a big nerf, I love the Quad and I use it in nearly every game I play as the Soviets since the beginning. But I always thought it truly shined when supporting Infantry from behind.

It's on a high up platform so wouldn't it make sense if it had trouble hitting infantry at close range? Much like the CoH1 Bofors Gun?

Still would prefer the T4 delay or Vet delayed suppression but it's another possible alternative.

There's one more thing I might add, as a message to everyone who likes this unit. The massive backlash against the early Quad is evident. It is inevitable it will get nerfed by Relic. So if you guys don't want the fate of this unit to be decided solely by Axis players, I suggest you join the discussion to find a solution that satisfies both parties. Otherwise, we run the risk that it will get nerfed out of the game. The suggestion that we do nothing with it will get us nowhere.
24 Jul 2015, 00:14 AM

There is no way the Quad will stay the way that it is. It is completely broken and those defending it are truly biased beyond all hope.

If the cost and damage is to stay the same, then it should require a setup time just like the OKW Flak HT to give its supposed counters a chance to actually do their job.
24 Jul 2015, 03:03 AM

eh i predicted this too, in the preview period. oh well, double paks till next patch maybe? :p
24 Jul 2015, 03:07 AM

ost needs its own light tank. Id say a pz3. Make it costly so that it delays ost t3 but is inferior to t34 and can become a good support unit in late game (with vet). Now that oughta be a strategic choice: get pz3 now and be safe from 76/m5 combo or try to stall with paks and save fu for pz4
24 Jul 2015, 03:50 AM

I'd love a Panzer III Ausf. M, although a Panzer III Ausf. N would be more historically accurate.

Model M is sexier though :wub:
24 Jul 2015, 07:47 AM
Donator 33

Just return the quads damage to its last value of "8dmg", since nobody complained about it then, atleast its good at taking out aircraft
24 Jul 2015, 08:15 AM

Completely agree Sheepeh. It just arrives way too early, especially in 1v1. The Soviet meta of T2-T3-quad M5-T70/SU-76 is very, very potent against Ost. People who say otherwise are full of crap. Seriously.

Maybe if it's cost was increased to say, 55 fuel, and the quad upgrade cost was lowered a bit to compensate?
24 Jul 2015, 08:19 AM

Completely agree Sheepeh. It just arrives way too early, especially in 1v1. The Soviet meta of T2-T3-quad M5-T70/SU-76 is very, very potent against Ost. People who say otherwise are full of crap. Seriously.

Maybe if it's cost was increased to say, 55 fuel, and the quad upgrade cost was lowered a bit to compensate?

30 to 55 is a big nerf, maybe a smaller one :)
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS