Login

russian armor

Fallschrimjagers need love!

21 Jul 2015, 01:31 AM

I actually really like some of these suggestions. SUprisingly not turned into a flame war. I am leaning more towards having them drop in like paras instead of spawning buildings. That or just give them a little more health/armor and keep the same stats. They are severely overpriced and they need more survivablity for how expensive they are.
21 Jul 2015, 01:52 AM

Obers are overpriced because they are meant to be immediately upgraded with the mg34. That's why it only costs 60 muni which is way underpriced.

If you want cheaper obers then you better expect the price of the MG34 to skyrocket, and I would think OKW players would rather pay manpower which they have plenty of then munitions which are reduced.

I would not mind if it did get a cost increase. And you think wrong. mp is usually the bottleneck for the okw lategame not ammo. their so few things you spend ammo on safe for mines lategame.
21 Jul 2015, 02:04 AM
Donator 11

Pls fix their spacing... probably the worst atm.
21 Jul 2015, 04:22 AM

Fallschrimjagers are both annoyance and very underwhelming unit.On one hand i have been completely annoyed how they spawn out of building and wreck shit,and after that they are quite shitty in combat compared to other units by significant margin.

Proposed redesign:-
1) make them 400 mp from 420 mp ( mot much of a difference),give them carbines and make fg42 a separate upgrade ( deals with the spawning issue) or let them paradrop.

2) a)make them reinforce on like voch airborne ( survivability) with 50 muni fg42 upgrade with very little fg42 dps buff or make them have more survivable by increasing either armor health or lowering received accuracy.
Or
b) keep them glass canon...but make f42 75 muni and major dps bufff.

on the side note the concern trolling and unit is fine,just little tweak is needed form allied fanboys is pathetic,obers also need their original dps back,thompson paratroopers also sucks so they also need to be looked at.
21 Jul 2015, 06:12 AM

Yesterday in a 2v2 my opponent used fsj against me, but if they hit the field you just don't get scared Kappa
21 Jul 2015, 06:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:54 PMCruzz

I use them all the time, it's either falls or jaegers in 1vs1 from me as I prefer mining to spending all my muni on fusilier g43s.

OKW cancernades are freaking amazing. Just those alone are worth having a squad for.

how do you use cancer nades properly? i still didnt figure it out
21 Jul 2015, 06:55 AM

It's how you counter Shock Troops and blobs of guys advancing at you into close range.
21 Jul 2015, 11:41 AM
Donator 11

Also think falls could need some better survivability. Received accuracy and their weird blobbing could be looked at.

Right now, it feels like as soon I turn my camera away from them, I can dig four graves with german steel helmets.
21 Jul 2015, 13:03 PM

Generally I use them as area denial on VPs that my opponent is pushing hard for or to deny cover that will push an engagement in my favor. You can also throw them in units retreat path and it'll slow the unit down to let you get a better chance at wipe.

(I also lol'd at "cancer nades")
21 Jul 2015, 13:08 PM

Falls are fine, don't need buffs, don't need nerfs. What they need is a smaller reinforcement price. That's all.
21 Jul 2015, 13:26 PM

The best rework for fallscrimjagers is to remove them from the game.

Everyone here agrees with me.
21 Jul 2015, 13:36 PM

What should be done.
Keep spawning price same due to unique entry.
Reduce reinforcement cost to 35.Because once entry cost is paid no point in having extra reinforcement cost.Obers are underperforming pricewise nowadays,and i often see my OKW teammates getting rolled up by massed enemy infantry blobs particularly 1919 blob or guards unless i provide them constant mg42 support.Just my observation.
21 Jul 2015, 13:59 PM
Donator 11

They need to fix their spacing like most of axis infantry. Please give the new brit formation to all infantry squads in the game.
21 Jul 2015, 14:12 PM

I love this unit a lot, however they seem to be woefully underperforming. I know they are suppose to be glass cannons, but their health suffers badly. I spawned behind some snipers a few times and I couldnt manage to kill them! I just don't know their deal... Maybe I'm just not using them correctly but sometimes they perform, most of the time they don't... Maybe they could use some love? Aren't they the most expensive infantry in the game?

I do not agree with your title or your statement. Fallschirms do not need love. They are not underperforming and here is why. I know better than to respond on these forums regarding the flamewars with all the usual suspects already have posted in here. But here's it:

I know they are suppose to be glass cannons

Where or who did it say they are supposed to be like that? Because they surely are not. They pack quite a punch, yes, but they can also handle some damage even tho of the received accuracy modifications to the unit. they do outDPS any vanilla / non upgraded allied unit on the field from medium and long range.

spawned behind some snipers a few times and I couldnt manage to kill them! I just don't know their deal... Maybe I'm just not using them correctly but sometimes they perform

On every occasion of which I used them to kill snipers they did. Flawelessly. Imagine the power of spawning a unit behind enemy lines that does amazing damage on medium / long range, can faust AND throw nades…..

Aren't they the most expensive infantry in the game?

…. Yes. They are expensive. but look at my statement above on why this is justified. Being able to spawn a unit behind enemy lines (especially in team) games that actually packs quite a punch (unlike the partisans who deserve more love if you take this topic into the same consideration) is supposed to be expensive in my eyes. Their potential is huge, but many people, including me on several occasions, use them wrong. The danger of dropping a unit behind enemy lines is that they are unable to cross that line when they need to (in case of a retreat, or leaving engagement).

In these regards I think the problem here lies not within the unit itself, but with the way you deploy and use this unit. When you accept the risk of dropping something behind enemy lines you automatically acknowledge the dangers that come with that risk. A 400 manpower unit that deploys behind enemy lines, packs a punch and can disrupt / distract the enemy, giving you more room to exploit a potential break in a frontline? Thats a steal.
21 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM

erm, how about they reduce the Fallschirms cost "a bit" and give an option to spawn them as offmap callin OR to pay "that bit" extra and spawn them from buildings as "surprise motherfuckers". Win Win solution I guess! :crazy:
21 Jul 2015, 18:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Falls dont need love
21 Jul 2015, 18:24 PM

Queen, don't say that. Everyone needs some love :foreveralone:
21 Jul 2015, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 14:12 PMNickbn

I do not agree with your title or your statement. Fallschirms do not need love. They are not underperforming and here is why. I know better than to respond on these forums regarding the flamewars with all the usual suspects already have posted in here. But here's it:

Where or who did it say they are supposed to be like that? Because they surely are not. They pack quite a punch, yes, but they can also handle some damage even tho of the received accuracy modifications to the unit. they do outDPS any vanilla / non upgraded allied unit on the field from medium and long range.

On every occasion of which I used them to kill snipers they did. Flawelessly. Imagine the power of spawning a unit behind enemy lines that does amazing damage on medium / long range, can faust AND throw nades…..

…. Yes. They are expensive. but look at my statement above on why this is justified. Being able to spawn a unit behind enemy lines (especially in team) games that actually packs quite a punch (unlike the partisans who deserve more love if you take this topic into the same consideration) is supposed to be expensive in my eyes. Their potential is huge, but many people, including me on several occasions, use them wrong. The danger of dropping a unit behind enemy lines is that they are unable to cross that line when they need to (in case of a retreat, or leaving engagement).

In these regards I think the problem here lies not within the unit itself, but with the way you deploy and use this unit. When you accept the risk of dropping something behind enemy lines you automatically acknowledge the dangers that come with that risk. A 400 manpower unit that deploys behind enemy lines, packs a punch and can disrupt / distract the enemy, giving you more room to exploit a potential break in a frontline? Thats a steal.

By design they are glass cannons... High damage no health.

And on multi occasions snipers have gotten away from perfectly placed fall insertions..

So I guess I'll have to disagree with all your points and side with what most of the posters on this topic say. They need love.
21 Jul 2015, 19:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

By design they are glass cannons... High damage no health.

And on multi occasions snipers have gotten away from perfectly placed fall insertions..

So I guess I'll have to disagree with all your points and side with what most of the posters on this topic say. They need love.

Theres no such thing as "low" health unless you talk about SU snipers. If you talk about RA, i do think they start at .87

They get great survivability at vet2 and vet3 (double stack of extra RA, cloak and healing). Problem is timing. Just like with PG, you need to hit vet2 ASAP to get that boost in performance. Till then they are at a mp disadvantage on trading against vet2 core combat units which will probably have weapon upgrades on top.
21 Jul 2015, 19:23 PM

My solution: Falls can't be spawned from buildings any longer. Instead, they receive a one-time-only stealth ability after being called in that makes them invisible while moving. After shooting or being detected, they no longer are able to use the stealth ability. This ability would allow them to infiltrate enemy territory.

Reluctant to give them a paradrop option because the Germans didn't really do airborne assaults after 1941, so paradropping would be historically inaccurate.

BTW, Airborne Assault needs to be changed so it no longer drops Fallschirmjagers thing as this prevents the ability from being used if you're over 90 popcap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 2
unknown 50
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L