Login

russian armor

Fallschrimjagers need love!

20 Jul 2015, 18:52 PM

I love this unit a lot, however they seem to be woefully underperforming. I know they are suppose to be glass cannons, but their health suffers badly. I spawned behind some snipers a few times and I couldnt manage to kill them! I just don't know their deal... Maybe I'm just not using them correctly but sometimes they perform, most of the time they don't... Maybe they could use some love? Aren't they the most expensive infantry in the game?
20 Jul 2015, 18:54 PM

Dont buff them only reduce their cost to 400 mp and remove spawning to buildings..
20 Jul 2015, 18:56 PM

They have very low received accuracy for a 4 man expensive squad (the same as Sturms IIRC) making them die fairly easy to even basic infantry units like rifles and cons.

Personally I would just give them better received accuracy and make them drop in by plane instead of by building so your enemy could get some warning you were coming. Also maybe drop the cost a little bit.
20 Jul 2015, 18:59 PM

Obers and Falls are UP for their investment at the moment, I dare say with the new patch they will go extinct as Sturms finally get a decent reinforce cost.
20 Jul 2015, 19:01 PM
Patrion 14

they spawn in buildings and wipe snipers in 2 seconds.

not saying its other facilities are UP or OP, but that ability alone makes it way worth it.
20 Jul 2015, 19:02 PM

Permanently Banned
If you remove their teleporting into buildings ability, then you can have a slight buff.
20 Jul 2015, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 19:01 PMpigsoup
they spawn in buildings and wipe snipers in 2 seconds.

not saying its other facilities are UP or OP, but that ability alone makes it way worth it.

I would rather have more consistent units rather than ones that are good like maybe once every 10 games because the enemy forgot to retreat.
20 Jul 2015, 19:13 PM
Patrion 14

forget to retreat? lol.
20 Jul 2015, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 19:13 PMpigsoup

forget to retreat? lol.

Unless you are literally inside the sniper teams ass the chances of you killing it on retreat with fallsch without your greater MP investment not dying are pretty low.

Like trading fallsch for snipers is not a good trade when there are other counters available. I would much rather have a more consistently preforming unit.
20 Jul 2015, 19:17 PM
Patrion 14

Falls are some of the most consistently performing units in the game. They have very good DPS at all ranges, and are hampered by low received accuracy to compensate. Giving Falls better survivability at vet 0 would be silly, because they pop out of enemy lines. You can't get high DPS units from behind enemy lines without drawbacks, its just a bad idea.

If you want less recieved accuracy, reduce price and make them come in from offmap, or reduce DPS to compensate.

Or just use them as is and use green cover all the time. They are very good units when in cover.
20 Jul 2015, 19:19 PM

Falls are some of the most consistently performing units in the game. They have very good DPS at all ranges, and are hampered by low received accuracy to compensate. Giving Falls better survivability at vet 0 would be silly, because they pop out of enemy lines. You can't get high DPS units from behind enemy lines without drawbacks, its just a bad idea.

If you want less recieved accuracy, reduce price and make them come in from offmap, or reduce DPS to compensate.

Or just use them as is and use green cover all the time. They are very good units when in cover.

Good thing I literally just said that. They should come onto the map via plane like the Luftwaffe Ground Troops air attack ability (centered around a point) or like American Para's do, with scatter. To compliment this change they should have better received accuracy and a slightly lower cost.

They consistently die, if that's what you mean by preform. Draining your MP heavily all the while.
20 Jul 2015, 19:26 PM
Patrion 14

Good thing I literally just said that. They should come onto the map via plane like the Luftwaffe Ground Troops air attack ability (centered around a point) or like American Para's do, with scatter. To compliment this change they should have better received accuracy and a slightly lower cost.

They consistently die, if that's what you mean by preform. Draining your MP heavily all the while.

They only die if you keep them out of cover. Green cover falls have always performed perfectly well for me. They are closer to "NDA INFANTRY" than anything else.
20 Jul 2015, 19:30 PM

I like reading alex posts.

It seems like no matter what he does, he never gets matched with players below rank 3, its always very top players or korean level pro players who game for a living with omnipresent awareness and lightning fast reflexes and anticipation of oracle.
20 Jul 2015, 19:41 PM

They only die if you keep them out of cover. Green cover falls have always performed perfectly well for me. They are closer to "NDA INFANTRY" than anything else.

Fallsch are just mediocre. They aren't bad, but they are worse than the alternatives. The popping out of houses gimmick is dumb as well. I would much rather have them faction like USF paratroopers do.

I like reading alex posts.

It seems like no matter what he does, he never gets matched with players below rank 3, its always very top players or korean level pro players who game for a living with omnipresent awareness and lightning fast reflexes and anticipation of oracle.

do you keep your snipers away from the rest of your army and not pay attention to them? Because the line "well you can pop them out and kill snipers" assumes a lot of things.

1. Building heavy map to make possible
2. The building isn't garrisoned
3. Your fallsch won't die on retreat, if they do you just wasted 440 MP to kill 360
4. He doesn't just retreat them the minute he sees you pop out (wow clicking a button such korean micro)
5. RNG god favors you and he retreats towards you or across you instead of away from you.

If a unit is mostly just ass or inefficient 90% of the time, it's bad/mediocre. Anti tank partisans can also kill a Stuka Zu Fuss if you get lucky, but I don't think that justifies them being unrelenting shit in all other scenarios.
20 Jul 2015, 19:42 PM

Permanently Banned
remove building spawn. put received accuracy at .80 rather than .87. Cost to 420 mp (heh). Fixed.
20 Jul 2015, 19:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

remove building spawn. put received accuracy at .80 rather than .87. Cost to 420 mp (heh). Fixed.

Totally good with me.
20 Jul 2015, 19:55 PM

Luftwaffe Ground Troops doctrine in general needs to be looked at. Valiant Assault has been bugged and not working for ages now, the Luftwaffe assault ability is comically overpriced, and the Flak Emplacement from the additional fortification ability is a literal joke. Fallsch's mediocrity just compounds this doctrines "meh"ness.

Suggestions;

- Allow Sturms to construct beacons like Pathfinders so you can make Fallsch plane drops more accurate

- Valiant Assault is just "For Mother Russia" copy pasted

- HMG34 gets a price increase and it's old damage back

- Luftwaffe Assault ability either gets a cost decrease or is replaced with Stuka bombing Strike giving OKW a way to counter enemy artillery.

- Fallsch are now brought in by planes, but have .7 received accuracy and cost 400 MP. They scatter like American troopers do (which can be reduced through use of beacons).

- Flak Emplacement is a building that cannot be decrewed, only killed like the Schwer.
20 Jul 2015, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 19:43 PMVuther

Totally good with me.

+1 I would much rather have a unit that is a bit more consistent than an expensive Surprise! that bleeds MP and/or gets mowed down quickly.

That being said I do agree with Comm_ash that they do perfectly fine in Cover. I think the trick is to play smart with them to get them Vet 4/5 where they become godly.

1. Not popping them too far behind enemy lines/unsupported.
2. Not playing them as if they are Shock Troops and YOLO charging at any unit you see.
20 Jul 2015, 20:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

- HMG34 gets a price increase and it's old damage back

But mah HMG34 spam :(

If it doesn't get a DPS increase, I'd be perfectly happy with a XP reduction requirement.
20 Jul 2015, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 20:03 PMVuther

But mah HMG34 spam :(

If it doesn't get a DPS increase, I'd be perfectly happy with a XP reduction requirement.

Even with the old damage back it would still just be a worse MG42. Since the 42 is getting bumped up to 260 I don't see why the HMG34 couldn't get bumped up to 240 and get it's old DPS back.

That being said I do agree with Comm_ash that they do perfectly fine in Cover. I think the trick is to play smart with them to get them Vet 4/5 where they become godly.

1. Not popping them too far behind enemy lines/unsupported.
2. Not playing them as if they are Shock Troops and YOLO charging at any unit you see.

Except you have plenty of other units that can do what you describe, far, far better while not having to pay 440 manpower for them. Units don't exist in a vacuum; you can accomplish far more with an Ober LMG or Para LMG squad than you can with a Fallsch squad for a smaller price and more survivability.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★