Login

russian armor

Fallschrimjagers need love!

20 Jul 2015, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Even with the old damage back it would still just be a worse MG42. Since the 42 is getting bumped up to 260 I don't see why the HMG34 couldn't get bumped up to 240 and get it's old DPS back.

But then I can't spam them as easily!
20 Jul 2015, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 20:20 PMVuther

But then I can't spam them as easily!

You wouldn't need to spam them if they were more effective.
aaa
20 Jul 2015, 20:27 PM

If you remove their teleporting into buildings ability, then you can have a slight buff.

Can they teleport to building? I thought they pop from there once. Its their feature thats why they cost 440 to kill double sniper or arty. Pretty powerful.
20 Jul 2015, 20:32 PM
Patrion 14

... I would much rather have a more consistently preforming unit.

Falls are some of the most consistently performing units in the game. They have very good DPS at all ranges, and are hampered by low received accuracy to compensate. Giving Falls better survivability at vet 0 would be silly, because they pop out of enemy lines. You can't get high DPS units from behind enemy lines without drawbacks, its just a bad idea.

If you want less recieved accuracy, reduce price and make them come in from offmap, or reduce DPS to compensate.

Or just use them as is and use green cover all the time. They are very good units when in cover.

Good thing I literally just said that...

good post comm_ash.

and no, alex, you did not just say that.

fallschrimjaeger is at least very solid unit as comm_ash pointed out. on top of that, what i was saying is that Falls is the most consistent way to kill snipers in maps with decent amount of buildings. a.k.a. any maps but steppes
20 Jul 2015, 20:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You wouldn't need to spam them if they were more effective.

It lacks the same...amusement. It's like buying Grens vs. buying Prosttruppen.
20 Jul 2015, 20:38 PM

true if the mg34 was effective you wouldnt need multiple amounts of them.
20 Jul 2015, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 20:32 PMpigsoup

good post comm_ash.

and no, alex, you did not just say that.

fallschrimjaeger is at least very solid unit as comm_ash pointed out. on top of that, what i was saying is that Falls is the most consistent way to kill snipers in maps with decent amount of buildings. a.k.a. any maps but steppes

I said that Fallsch should come from off the map instead of teleporting out of buildings. And no they do not consistently preform at a level that is acceptable for the most expensive infantry unit in the entire game.

Their issues are not helped at all by the fact that Luftwaffe Ground Troops is a aggressively bleh doctrine that really gives you nothing but an HMG and the ability to maybe on some maps kill snipers.

This green cover argument is also mystifying. Literally every unit in the game is better behind green cover.

Seriously, are people so attached to their current form that them preforming like American Para troopers would be unacceptable?
20 Jul 2015, 20:47 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 18:54 PMl4hti
Dont buff them only reduce their cost to 400 mp and remove spawning to buildings..

+ Fix Squad Spacing so they don't get one-shotted on sight.
20 Jul 2015, 20:49 PM
Patrion 14

Squad spacing should be changed for all units. But yeah, falls just need to be reduced a bit in price.

In cover, long range they are beastly.
20 Jul 2015, 20:57 PM
Patrion 14

I said that Fallsch should come from off the map instead of teleporting out of buildings. And no they do not consistently preform at a level that is acceptable for the most expensive infantry unit in the entire game.

Their issues are not helped at all by the fact that Luftwaffe Ground Troops is a aggressively bleh doctrine that really gives you nothing but an HMG and the ability to maybe on some maps kill snipers.

This green cover argument is also mystifying. Literally every unit in the game is better behind green cover.

Seriously, are people so attached to their current form that them preforming like American Para troopers would be unacceptable?

oh but they do consistently performs and more. they got bundle-nade, great vet 1 white phosphorous nade, booby trap, and panzerfaust. on top of everything comm_ash already pointed out.

not only that the ability to spawn out of buildings with insane DPS and wipe snipers or an ATG/HMG for an assault is priceless.

i am not opposed to make them airborne like paratroopers. that makes sense. but i wouldnt drop their price . just reinforcemanet cost to ~32mp or so.
20 Jul 2015, 21:02 PM

Fallshirmjaegers don't perform for a 440mp unit, because they *ARENT* a 440mp unit.

Their performance is scaled to 380mp, and considering pgrens are 340mp, their performance for price is completely fine.

They do singificantly more DPS than panzergrenadiers at all ranges, and have better vet as well.

They cost 440mp because you pay 60mp to deploy them from buildings.

Same thing is with paratroopers, you pay 380mp for them, but their upkeep and reinforce costs and performance costs are scaled to that of a ~336mp unit.

So if you removed the spawning from buildings, falls would cost 380-390mp.\

And no, fallshirmjager are completely fine.

But wait, oh shit , pgrens are op :snfPeter:
20 Jul 2015, 21:09 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 19:30 PMKatitof
I like reading alex posts.

It seems like no matter what he does, he never gets matched with players below rank 3, its always very top players or korean level pro players who game for a living with omnipresent awareness and lightning fast reflexes and anticipation of oracle.

at least he plays :foreveralone:
20 Jul 2015, 21:21 PM

falls are fine.
20 Jul 2015, 21:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:02 PMBurts
Fallshirmjaegers don't perform for a 440mp unit, because they *ARENT* a 440mp unit.

Their performance is scaled to 380mp, and considering pgrens are 340mp, their performance for price is completely fine.

They do singificantly more DPS than panzergrenadiers at all ranges, and have better vet as well.

Same thing is with paratroopers, you pay 380mp for them, but their upkeep and reinforce costs and performance costs are scaled to that of a ~336mp unit.

Bingo.

Remove building spawn, add paradrop. Drop price.
20 Jul 2015, 21:23 PM

During battle of bulge German commandos infiltrating enemy lines are legendary. I like them coming out of buildings.

Reduce cost to 320, buff received acc, and give them MP40. FG42 upgrade for 75 muni, buff the FG42 to best LMG in the game by a long shot.
20 Jul 2015, 21:27 PM

No, they do worse dps up to 20 range. Post that they do better. And they have worse received accuracy. Their vet is better, but considering how squishy they are its risky and takes awhile to get there.

IMO, Falls are only efficient if you manage a squad wipe. If you don't their manpower cost + upkeep is way too much of a drain, and if you do you're still paying a premium price for a squishy obers. As well, considering how absurdly clumped up they are when you spawn them, if any vehicle is unexpectedly there you have a good chance at getting instantly wiped
20 Jul 2015, 21:32 PM

Considering Para's are scaled to 336 MP and out preform Fallsch DPS wise after the LMG upgrade I would say that just making Fallsch the same price and having them para dropped in would work just fine. But it still doesn't fix Luftwaffe Ground Troops being a mediocre doctrine choice.

oh but they do consistently performs and more. they got bundle-nade, great vet 1 white phosphorous nade, booby trap, and panzerfaust. on top of everything comm_ash already pointed out.

They don't have booby trap, thats JLI. Yes the abilities they have are far better than the unit itself. But I can pay 400 mp for a .7 received accuracy unit with booby trap, bundle grenade, and vet 1 white phos nade non-doctrinally.

not only that the ability to spawn out of buildings with insane DPS and wipe snipers or an ATG/HMG for an assault is priceless.

Depends on how close your are and how much your opponent is supporting his shit. Also depends on house placement.

i am not opposed to make them airborne like paratroopers. that makes sense. but i wouldnt drop their price . just reinforcemanet cost to ~32mp or so.

If they dropped in they could receive a slight cost reduction and reinforcement reduction since they wouldn't be "paying" for popping out of buildings. Alternatively give them better received accuracy so they don't need to cost less.
20 Jul 2015, 21:34 PM

Considering Para's are scaled to 336 MP and out preform Fallsch DPS wise after the LMG upgrade I would say that just making Fallsch the same price and having them para dropped in would work just fine. But it still doesn't fix Luftwaffe Ground Troops being a mediocre doctrine choice.

They don't have booby trap, thats JLI. Yes the abilities they have are far better than the unit itself. But I can pay 400 mp for a .7 received accuracy unit with booby trap, bundle grenade, and vet 1 white phos nade non-doctrinally.

Depends on how close your are and how much your opponent is supporting his shit. Also depends on house placement.

If they dropped in they could receive a slight cost reduction and reinforcement reduction since they wouldn't be "paying" for popping out of buildings. Alternatively give them better received accuracy so they don't need to cost less.

Outperform fallshirm DPS? What? That is only true for long range, at mid and close range falls still outdps them.
20 Jul 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:34 PMBurts

Outperform fallshirm DPS? What? That is only true for long range, at mid and close range falls still outdps them.

This is once again incorrect, falls do more at medium and long, paras out dps them at close. and given the extra 2 men for health differences, paras will dominate falls at close range. Falls need to engage paras at medium/long in heavy cover to be at a serious advantage.

Paras getting tommies swings this even further, and paras getting a1919 changes the fight all together
20 Jul 2015, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:34 PMBurts

If you use Fallsch at close range your doing it wrong. It kinda sucks that Fallsch lose a lot of DPS as they lose models

I'm assuming a LMG upgraded squad here
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS