Login

russian armor

Fallschrimjagers need love!

20 Jul 2015, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:27 PMDraje

No, they do worse dps up to 20 range. Post that they do better. And they have worse received accuracy. Their vet is better, but considering how squishy they are its risky and takes awhile to get there.

IMO, Falls are only efficient if you manage a squad wipe. If you don't their manpower cost + upkeep is way too much of a drain, and if you do you're still paying a premium price for a squishy obers. As well, considering how absurdly clumped up they are when you spawn them, if any vehicle is unexpectedly there you have a good chance at getting instantly wiped

Okay, apparently i was wrong on this , sorry. But still, pgrens do only somewhat better DPS while fallshirmjager outclass PGrens at long range by an incredible margin.
20 Jul 2015, 21:45 PM

If you use Fallsch at close range your doing it wrong. It kinda sucks that Fallsch lose a lot of DPS as they lose models

Falls most effecient area is mid dps. Most units lose their rapidly as you move away, while falls fall fairly slowly . Mid range their ratios of dps are excellent compared to other squads, while its still enough dps to actually kill units (vs poking them at max distance).

still doesn't change the fact they are 440 for a squishy evened out pzgren. If you don't get a wipe upon spawn you just wasted a lot of manpower. Imo para drop for less cost is better, having such binary units leads to frustrating situations on both sides. Either you get an uncounterable unit wipe for allies, or the okw just spent way to much manpower on a unit
20 Jul 2015, 21:47 PM

If falls are so good why does no one use them, unlike paras?

Obviously they're pretty mediocre if you hardly see them in any top games or casts.

Theyre squishy, bleed out the ass, and are only useful the second you spawn them to the second you retreat. After that they're dead weight till they get vet, which hardly happens because of their spacing being so shit.
20 Jul 2015, 21:48 PM

FSJ's are fine. The only problem with the okw is that their obers are completely overnerfed. they are without a doubt the most expensive infantry squad in the game and lose to much cheaper ones. reduce their cost 300 (reinforcements as well) and popcap to 8.

And after all this is said and done i think the okw is in a good position. i still think aa track needs to be buffed by reducing the setup with 2 buts thats my opnion.
20 Jul 2015, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:48 PMZyllen
FSJ's are fine. The only problem with the okw is that their obers are completely overnerfed. they are without a doubt the most expensive infantry squad in the game and lose to much cheaper ones. reduce their cost 300 (reinforcements as well) and popcap to 8.

And after all this is said and done i think the okw is in a good position. i still think aa track needs to be buffed by reducing the setup with 2 buts thats my opnion.

300 would make oberspam totally real. Obers start out incredibly ineffecient for their cost, but their vet makes them the best infantry in the game at vet 4.

I had a vet 4 ober with stg44s advanced upon by 4 vet 0 riflement with bars (in a custom). rifle move through no cover, ober behind a tree.

The ober completely wiped all 4 riflemen, losing only one unit ant ending with around 70% total squad health. Obers are so costly because their vet and weapon upgrades are insane
20 Jul 2015, 21:54 PM

If falls are so good why does no one use them, unlike paras?

I use them all the time, it's either falls or jaegers in 1vs1 from me as I prefer mining to spending all my muni on fusilier g43s.

OKW cancernades are freaking amazing. Just those alone are worth having a squad for.
20 Jul 2015, 22:36 PM

Just keep them standing still, when Fallschirmjaeger start moving their accuracy drops off a lot and by standing still they really effectively bleed enemy squads at range. Always let enemies close with you, never the other way around, with the blend-thingy they become natural SMG counters.
20 Jul 2015, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:51 PMDraje

300 would make oberspam totally real. Obers start out incredibly ineffecient for their cost, but their vet makes them the best infantry in the game at vet 4.

I had a vet 4 ober with stg44s advanced upon by 4 vet 0 riflement with bars (in a custom). rifle move through no cover, ober behind a tree.

The ober completely wiped all 4 riflemen, losing only one unit ant ending with around 70% total squad health. Obers are so costly because their vet and weapon upgrades are insane

Mate stop playing against noobs. the situation you described is an epic fail of legendary proportions. And keep in mind that a vet 4 ober squad has done enough damage to put 30-40 man into the ground in terms of damage. More evidence your playing against noobs.

If want to make the argument ineffective now awesome later then the obers are completely wrongly placed. Such units need to be aviable from the start with enhanced vet gains to make up for their weak start. and the new NDA troops are a perfect example to make an unit that follows such a way work.

Obers need to be the best AI infantry in the game of all the infantry they are the only ones that require teching in a faction with the weakest starting infantry. but they are not in fact most elite infantry beat them 1 vs 1 even without upgrades (im looking at you para's )
20 Jul 2015, 23:14 PM
Patrion 14

They don't have booby trap, thats JLI. Yes the abilities they have are far better than the unit itself. But I can pay 400 mp for a .7 received accuracy unit with booby trap, bundle grenade, and vet 1 white phos nade non-doctrinally.

Depends on how close your are and how much your opponent is supporting his shit. Also depends on house placement.

If they dropped in they could receive a slight cost reduction and reinforcement reduction since they wouldn't be "paying" for popping out of buildings. Alternatively give them better received accuracy so they don't need to cost less.

my b. anyway, why are you trying to mitigate the difference between falls and obers?you seriosuly dont see the difference?

yea... being vigilant about falls v. picking an ambient building to do hit and run with insane DPS and bundle-nade. hmmm. i think one is much harder than the other.

i rather they get cheaper and paradrop. and make them roll not like that 250 muni falls ability.
20 Jul 2015, 23:25 PM

Meh, Falls. Extremely situational, and nice enough for killing a retreating squad, but shit as general infantry. If you wanna bleed yourself to death, they are your friend.
20 Jul 2015, 23:27 PM

If one of the Allied factions had a general focus on small, long range squads, they might be better too.
20 Jul 2015, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:54 PMCruzz

I use them all the time, it's either falls or jaegers in 1vs1 from me as I prefer mining to spending all my muni on fusilier g43s.

OKW cancernades are freaking amazing. Just those alone are worth having a squad for.

I mean is that really the falls or is it the cancer nades?

Jaegers are stupid good, especially in comparison to the much more expensive falls. Cancer nades help on top of that
20 Jul 2015, 23:44 PM

The most useful thing about Fallsch is arguably the Faust they come with since the Fuss AT nade is the worst snare in the game.

Jaegers are stupid good, especially in comparison to the much more expensive falls. Cancer nades help on top of that

Jaeger get deliciously huge amounts of received accuracy on top of their already great modifier, which makes them waaaaaaaaay easier to keep them around and vet them up. Also the G43 sniping ability make them better for killing (snipers especially) than Fallsch IMO.
21 Jul 2015, 00:11 AM

Would like to see the squishy characteristics removed. I have falls get sniped by AT guns far too often. It's annoying having one of fall on the way out of the door and die.
21 Jul 2015, 00:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Would like to see the squishy characteristics removed. I have falls get sniped by AT guns far too often. It's annoying having one of fall on the way out of the door and die.

That's just the squad-bunching, unfortunately.
21 Jul 2015, 00:43 AM

For their cost the should have the same armor as shock troops.
21 Jul 2015, 01:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2015, 00:43 AMCorsin
For their cost the should have the same armor as shock troops.

Nah. Just give em an extra member, adjust DPS downwards accordingly, voila.
21 Jul 2015, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:48 PMZyllen

Obers are overpriced because they are meant to be immediately upgraded with the mg34. That's why it only costs 60 muni which is way underpriced.

If you want cheaper obers then you better expect the price of the MG34 to skyrocket, and I would think OKW players would rather pay manpower which they have plenty of then munitions which are reduced.
21 Jul 2015, 01:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 21:40 PMDraje

This is once again incorrect, falls do more at medium and long, paras out dps them at close. and given the extra 2 men for health differences, paras will dominate falls at close range. Falls need to engage paras at medium/long in heavy cover to be at a serious advantage.

Paras getting tommies swings this even further, and paras getting a1919 changes the fight all together

If you are using coh2stats i'm not 100% sure that the Paras DPS is completely accurate. I don't remember them changing their accuracy (at list it's not noted on the changelog). While i do have an old file, the values on the accuracy are/were:

accuracy: {
| | | far: 0.35f;
| | | mid: 0.45f;
| | | near: 0.7f;

Accuracy far:
Accuracy near:
21 Jul 2015, 01:20 AM

Give Obers armor, sniper immunity, HP of 120, active sprint, panzerfaust, MP44 out of the box, and let us buy them individually (each man) for 200 MP each.

Vet 1- cancernade

Vet 2- stealth, received acc buff, ability recharge buff

Vet 3- acc buff, received acc buff, damage buff, suppression

Vet 4-armor buff, sight range buff, suppression buff, ability recharge buff, auto healing, weapon cooldown buff, ability range buff, healing buff

Vet 5- Obersoldaten can enter buildings and exit out of any other building on the map instantly for 15 munitions,"tactical infiltration ability". HP buff to 160, sight range buff, acc buff, ability recharge and range buff, and can auto heal in combat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★