Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
21 Aug 2019, 10:25 AM

So basically, focus fire set to false can be used as blob control(as in, more overall damage dealt to a blob then to a lone squad in a firefight) to a point from what I can understand.
21 Aug 2019, 11:28 AM

So basically, focus fire set to false seems to allow squads to re-roll misses into hits... just not on the squad it's targeting but on other squads.

Basically it seems like:
- focus fire = True means that misses can not hit other squads;
- focus fire = False means that misses can hit other squads, allowing the squad to deal some additional DPS to other squads nearby.

It doesn't seem to affect DPS versus the targeted squad, but it's hard to tell.

If that's how it works, maybe it should be set to false on everything that has it.

It's an incredibly intuitive way to discourage blobbing: if you build a human wall that bullet is going to hit something.
21 Aug 2019, 11:40 AM

It doesn't seem to affect DPS versus the targeted squad, but it's hard to tell.

It's a pre-roll, not a re-roll, until proven otherwise. So not "misses can deal damage to the other squad", but "radius around primary target, with higher priority for primary target, but certain chance to hit a nearby model".

I believe cruzz & co have misled us by saying non focus fire weapons deal additional dps by "re-rolling misses". :snfPeter:

And if it is indeed a pre-roll, as I believe, focus fire weapons are superior unless opponent has no healing yet, cause concentrated dps > spread out dps.
21 Aug 2019, 23:20 PM

It's a pre-roll, not a re-roll, until proven otherwise. So not "misses can deal damage to the other squad", but "radius around primary target, with higher priority for primary target, but certain chance to hit a nearby model".

I don't know which of the two it should prove right, but doing a test with a cloaked Raketen reveals that automatic weapons with false Focus Fire will hit the cloaked crew despite theoretically not being able to target it for pre-rolls. So either a miss re-rolls into whatever is in its path, or false Focus Fire pre-rolls ignore camouflage.

31 Aug 2019, 21:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll reactivate this again for OKW Flak emplacements:
Do they have a second health bar?
They never seem to take any damage from the first tank/AT gun shots or mortar shells. After a few hits, the normal health bar is effected and drops in a few shots.
31 Aug 2019, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 11:28 AMLago

If that's how it works, maybe it should be set to false on everything that has it.

It's an incredibly intuitive way to discourage blobbing: if you build a human wall that bullet is going to hit something.

Yeah I think that'd be interesting. It makes a lot of sense too, and it would passively encourage playing smarter a lot more than almost any other blob counter out there currently.

I'll reactivate this again for OKW Flak emplacements:
Do they have a second health bar?
They never seem to take any damage from the first tank/AT gun shots or mortar shells. After a few hits, the normal health bar is effected and drops in a few shots.

If you mean like do the models have a health bar separate from the gun, it seems like it. Stuff like sherman HE and pack howie shots seem to be able to decrew it separately from just blowing up the gun, and vice versa.
1 Sep 2019, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you mean like do the models have a health bar separate from the gun, it seems like it. Stuff like sherman HE and pack howie shots seem to be able to decrew it separately from just blowing up the gun, and vice versa.

Wait, you can decrew them?
But no, I meant the actual emplacement itself. Have not fought against them in quit a while, but from what I remember they eat the first shots like nothing happened (maybe the weapon health drops?), and after that the actual health bar takes the damage.
4 Sep 2019, 12:34 PM

Can't find moving scatter multiplier in the editor, where can i find it ?

it's not under scatter or moving for the weapon
4 Sep 2019, 16:41 PM

Can't find moving scatter multiplier in the editor, where can i find it ?

it's not under scatter or moving for the weapon

It's on the vehicle itself, can't remember if it's entity or squad. Under apply_action (?), it is a requirement action. It multiplies the scatter of the vehicle unless it's not moving.
4 Sep 2019, 16:43 PM

It's on the vehicle itself, can't remember if it's entity or squad. Under apply_action (?), it is a requirement action. It multiplies the scatter of the vehicle unless it's not moving.
found it ty
11 Sep 2019, 02:12 AM
Patrion 27

Cruzz AWAKEN from your slumber I beg you!!! Do any of the Sherman basic bulletins (Bronze, Silver, Gold) affect any of the variant USF Shermans from commanders like the M4A3, M4A3(76), M4A3E8? Or even the Calliope if modelled after the Sherman?
11 Sep 2019, 11:32 AM

Cruzz AWAKEN from your slumber I beg you!!! Do any of the Sherman basic bulletins (Bronze, Silver, Gold) affect any of the variant USF Shermans from commanders like the M4A3, M4A3(76), M4A3E8? Or even the Calliope if modelled after the Sherman?
bope only the normal shreman

check here https://coh2db.com/bulletins/view/id/273/name/officer-training-tank

and click on target to see if it affect the unit
11 Sep 2019, 12:11 PM

Guys need help because that site coh2db show me that pathfinder biuletins only works with normal pathfinders so question is do any pathfinder biuletins affect recon pathfinder too?
11 Sep 2019, 12:22 PM

Guys need help because that site coh2db show me that pathfinder biuletins only works with normal pathfinders so question is do any pathfinder biuletins affect recon pathfinder too?
it targets pathfinder_recon_mp

both path finder are pathfinder_recon_mp

so yes it will work for both
12 Sep 2019, 13:12 PM

it targets pathfinder_recon_mp

both path finder are pathfinder_recon_mp

so yes it will work for both
thx
13 Sep 2019, 20:53 PM
Patrion 27

The M20 vision/Range bulletin works on the M8 Greyhound too.
1 Oct 2019, 12:21 PM

Ok, I did some quick tests for non-focus fire weapons:

- Dps gets spread within a certain radius from the targeted model. I don't think there's a higher chance to hit the targeted model over nearby models, but I can't say for sure. Video

- More models within the scatter radius does not mean an effectively higher dps (preroll not a reroll). A clumped up squad will have their models drop less quickly than a spread out squad when getting shot at by non-focus fire weapons. Video

Here's how you can incorporate this knowledge into your game:

- Try to use cover against squads like Fallschirmjägers and Panzergrenadiers as much as you can, so models are closer to each other and damage gets spread out more.

- If you have to move through the open against squads like Fallschirmjägers and Panzergrenadiers, you can use Kimbo's blobbing method: example, so damage gets spread out between squads. Just be wary of Grenades and AoE/suppression weapons.

- Use large squads with strong focus fire weapons like DP's/1919's/Brens/Thompsons against squads like Fallschirmjägers and Panzergrenadiers. These weapons will drop their models quickly because dps gets concentrated on single models, while you will drop models more slowly (especially behind cover) because their weapons will do spread damage against your large squad size. Furthermore, you get most of your dps from one or two LMG's, while their dps drops significantly with each model that dies.
1 Oct 2019, 18:37 PM

- Use large squads with strong focus fire weapons like DP's/1919's/Brens/Thompsons against squads like Fallschirmjägers and Panzergrenadiers. These weapons will drop their models quickly because dps gets concentrated on single models, while you will drop models more slowly (especially behind cover) because their weapons will do spread damage against your large squad size. Furthermore, you get most of your dps from one or two LMG's, while their dps drops significantly with each model that dies.

That explains why Falls sucked before the patch. I often wondered why my Falls were dealing absurd amounts of damage but enemy squad was full models with a tiny hp many times.
21 Feb 2021, 22:05 PM

How do I know which units/weapons have focus fire and which do not?

Also, is there a file with all of Cruzz's data integrated?
22 Feb 2021, 11:56 AM

How do I know which units/weapons have focus fire and which do not?

As a general rule of thumb SMG, AR (including BAR) and HMG weapons have focus fire false.
LMGs and vehicle mounted MGs have focus fire true.

There are one or two exceptions like the Royal Engineer Sten, but that weapon just has really weird stats for some reason.

You can look up all the weapons on the website below and it shows their focus fire status:
https://coh2.serealia.ca/
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight