Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
17 Sep 2015, 21:30 PM

Do the Thompson sub-machine gun medium and long range buffs affect the Lieutenant and Captain Thompsons?

Likely not, the Lieutenant and Captain use a different Thompson from the Airborne version, which is the one targetted by the change. Unless they changed the other without mentioning it, but I think they would have mentioned it.
17 Sep 2015, 21:47 PM

Do the Thompson sub-machine gun medium and long range buffs affect the Lieutenant and Captain Thompsons?

Yep only paratrooper thompsons changed:

Code

| | accuracy: {
| | | far: 0.115f;
| | | mid: 0.173f;
| | | near: 0.575f;

changed to

Code

| | | far: 0.2f;
| | | mid: 0.43f;

Captain thompsons not touched
17 Sep 2015, 21:58 PM

Also here are the scoped Lee–Enfield stat changes:

17 Sep 2015, 22:45 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2015, 21:47 PMSesleri

Yep only paratrooper thompsons changed:

Code

| | | far: 0.115f;
| | | mid: 0.173f;

changed to

Code

| | | far: 0.2f;
| | | mid: 0.43f;

Captain thompsons not touched

Well that's disappointing.
17 Sep 2015, 23:20 PM

Can I get a DPS chart on the new Conscript and Partisan PPSh's?

Also, does the Accuracy vs Snipers effect JLI or Pathfinders? I know that sometimes my Infantry yell "Sniper!" when they encounter JLI, which is why I'm wondering if they're counted as sniper type.
17 Sep 2015, 23:42 PM

You mean the Vehicle Crew thompsons ability is still worthless then? How disappointing.
17 Sep 2015, 23:59 PM

You mean the Vehicle Crew thompsons ability is still worthless then? How disappointing.

Actually it probably does, I'm going to assume Vehicle Crews get the Paratrooper variant based on the following reasoning:

There are 3 Thompsons: Captain, Paratrooper, and Ranger. At release the Captain Thompson did over 25 DPS, and the Ranger Thompson was added to the game after release. So vehicle crews most likely use the Paratrooper version. Can any actual stat miners confirm my assumptions?
18 Sep 2015, 00:13 AM

Vehicle crew does use the buffed paratrooper thompson.

18 Sep 2015, 01:36 AM
Patrion 27

Actually it probably does, I'm going to assume Vehicle Crews get the Paratrooper variant based on the following reasoning:

There are 3 Thompsons: Captain, Paratrooper, and Ranger. At release the Captain Thompson did over 25 DPS, and the Ranger Thompson was added to the game after release. So vehicle crews most likely use the Paratrooper version. Can any actual stat miners confirm my assumptions?

This makes absolutely no sense. A great example of Relic overly-complicating their game when all Thompsons/Kar98/Mosin Nagant et al should be identical so players know what to expect.

Can I get a DPS chart on the new Conscript and Partisan PPSh's?

Also, does the Accuracy vs Snipers effect JLI or Pathfinders? I know that sometimes my Infantry yell "Sniper!" when they encounter JLI, which is why I'm wondering if they're counted as sniper type.

I am no stat-miner but I would be very surprised if the light-vehicle buffs affect Pathfinders or JLI. Then again... LELIC :snfPeter:
18 Sep 2015, 01:44 AM

This makes absolutely no sense. A great example of Relic overly-complicating their game when all Thompsons/Kar98/Mosin Nagant et al should be identical so players know what to expect.

That's a terrible idea, the weapon file more or less determines the unit's offensive stats like damage and accuracy, the model itself only determines cost and durability. If everyone used the same weapon file, they'd all perform the same in combat. Osttruppen and Obersoldaten both doing the same damage, Maxim Crews and Guard Rifles as well. You could change that with squad modifiers, but that's even more complicated than just having different weapon files.
18 Sep 2015, 02:20 AM

What are the buffs to the M20 with Skirts, same with the M8?
18 Sep 2015, 03:43 AM
Patrion 27

That's a terrible idea, the weapon file more or less determines the unit's offensive stats like damage and accuracy, the model itself only determines cost and durability. If everyone used the same weapon file, they'd all perform the same in combat. Osttruppen and Obersoldaten both doing the same damage, Maxim Crews and Guard Rifles as well. You could change that with squad modifiers, but that's even more complicated than just having different weapon files.

I mean... it would be a huge 180, but the weapons should be the same and the units themselves should be where the accuracy and cooldown (etc) stats come from. Doesn't that make sense?
18 Sep 2015, 04:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I mean... it would be a huge 180, but the weapons should be the same and the units themselves should be where the accuracy and cooldown (etc) stats come from. Doesn't that make sense?

Don't fix what isn't broken. It makes sense but do you really want relic to spend their little manpower on overhauling that for no real change?
18 Sep 2015, 04:16 AM

I think I see what you mean, the offensive and defensive stats should be based on the model, while the weapon is only penetration, reload, etc? It would make sense for droppable weapons, like Obersoldaten picking up a BAR being better than Osttruppen finding one, but it would require recoding not just the entire small arms system but every unit. And I'm not sure how it would work on Tanks, which use multiple guns with varying degrees of effectiveness.
18 Sep 2015, 15:57 PM

So does the guards squad PPSH in lend lease not get buffed like conscript PPSH? They underperform for being "elite" doctrinal infantry
18 Sep 2015, 20:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So does the guards squad PPSH in lend lease not get buffed like conscript PPSH? They underperform for being "elite" doctrinal infantry

They are using Shocktroop profile IIRC
18 Sep 2015, 22:42 PM

They are using Shocktroop profile IIRC

Sigh. I'm sure you're right based on patch notes. I so want lend lease to be valuable as I find myself always using guard motors and shock rifle. But the guards are expensive and don't do great damage at any range and have no light vehicle stopping then or button. The heavy MG is also pretty underwhelming. The only real benefits are in off map Sherman since that is better than a T 3476 and also the ammo to fuel drop. Would love to see the PPS H get buffed for guards so it can actually do damage at mid range also Since it is only half armed with SMG
19 Sep 2015, 00:41 AM
Patrion 27

I think I see what you mean, the offensive and defensive stats should be based on the model, while the weapon is only penetration, reload, etc? It would make sense for droppable weapons, like Obersoldaten picking up a BAR being better than Osttruppen finding one, but it would require recoding not just the entire small arms system but every unit. And I'm not sure how it would work on Tanks, which use multiple guns with varying degrees of effectiveness.

My main point is it makes no sense the way they made it. That is ppor design IMO.

Didn't the Assault Guards PPSH get buffed or ninja-buffed recently?
19 Sep 2015, 16:53 PM

Didn't the Assault Guards PPSH get buffed or ninja-buffed recently?

Guards Assault troops actually have the least effective variant of the PPSh-41 now. They have nearly identical stats to the Shock Troops' PPSh, but suffer from worse accuracy: .115/.265/.782 for Guards Assault vs. .120/.276/.816 for Shock Troops.
20 Sep 2015, 03:00 AM

While we're on the topic, does the "Guardians of the Nation" Intel bulletin affect the PPSH guards or is it a nitpicky thing which only buffs the PTRS guards squad?
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak