Login

russian armor

Pershing ?

PAGES (15)down
30 Jun 2015, 09:22 AM

He stated that it was pre Alpha, he's green so he has my trust :snfPeter:
But thank you for your thoughts nevertheless!
This is why I explained how to access it. The Official Mod Tools was released with an Official Archive Viewer now allows anyone access to the information. Using our beloved Janne252's UI Asset Viewer you can find the Portrait placeholders and Icons that have been made for the pershing (they are not finished yet).

I must've read over it, my bad.

Considering the subject at hand now might be a good time to announce information that I have been sitting on for a while now. There are other things that have been finished, though not officially announced there are a variety of things in the files. Things like the Portraits and Icons for the Calliope.

That's interesting, especially because it goes against the current rules of mobile artillery, which are generally fragile units. The most durable being the Stuka and Priest. Yet this is a Medium Tank with long-range rockets attached. The T27 Xylophone would better fit the current standard:

(It's a series of rocket launcher frames mounted on cargo trucks.)

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 08:53 AMAradan
Pershing haters are mostly axis only players. Forum crusade for easy play as axis in team games.

I'm a "Pershing hater" because it's being chosen over the Jumbo, despite playing a significantly smaller role in the war. The Jumbo was out there smashing heads before the Pershing left the testing grounds! I'm sad to see it overlooked in favor of something that wasn't even in Europe during the game's given time frame (Battle of the Bulge).
30 Jun 2015, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 19:28 PMAradan
One faction with huge disadvantage in late game, is asymetrical ballance.

Simply play axis in large team games as we all.

That argument had any base before latest patch, where you could field multiple heavies.

Right now, it doesn't as jacksons and multiple shermans are enough to deal with single heavy.

That's interesting, especially because it goes against the current rules of mobile artillery, which are generally fragile units. The most durable being the Stuka and Priest. Yet this is a Medium Tank with long-range rockets attached.

StuKa zu fuss and priest already go against it as you've mentioned.

Scott also doesn't hold to the principle of katy/pwerfer firmly.
I could argue sturmtiger as well, while not particularly long ranges, its still a mobile arty.
There is also a KV-2 crying somewhere in a dark, forgotten corner.

There is plenty of room for improvement.

30 Jun 2015, 10:16 AM

(...)it's being chosen over the Jumbo, despite playing a significantly smaller role in the war. The Jumbo was out there smashing heads before the Pershing left the testing grounds! I'm sad to see it overlooked in favor of something that wasn't even in Europe during the game's given time frame (Battle of the Bulge).

+1

There were so many good all-around medium tanks in WW2 (Firefly/Jumbo/T-34 variants/ PIV ...).
Waiting for one or more super-hero tanks is just sad. Just my two cents. ;)
30 Jun 2015, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 09:56 AMKatitof

That argument had any base before latest patch, where you could field multiple heavies.

Right now, it doesn't as jacksons and multiple shermans are enough to deal with single heavy.

I play hunderts large team games. USF dont have variabel late game and in team games have disadvantage. In 1v1 or 2v2 this is not problem, but if you looking for large team game 60-80% want play as axis. Want, because they see it.

14-15CP Pershing / Jumbo is way for ballace big games.
30 Jun 2015, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 10:20 AMAradan

I play hunderts large team games. USF dont have variabel late game and in team games have disadvantage. In 1v1 or 2v2 this is not problem, but if you looking for large team game 60-80% want play as axis. Want, because they see it.

14-15CP Pershing / Jumbo is way for ballace big games.

Allies in general have disadvantage in team games, always had.
But no USF new tank will change that.

Lack of 320dmg/70 range super heavy TD and ease of teching to and spamming panthers are some of the reasons.
30 Jun 2015, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 09:56 AMKatitof
StuKa zu fuss and priest already go against it as you've mentioned.

Scott also doesn't hold to the principle of katy/pwerfer firmly.
I could argue sturmtiger as well, while not particularly long ranges, its still a mobile arty.
There is also a KV-2 crying somewhere in a dark, forgotten corner.

The Stuka, Priest, and Scott are all still fragile. Not one-hit fragile, but they're not full-on Medium Tanks. The Sturmtiger is more like a super-heavy Assault Gun, and the KV-2 is an Assault Tank.

I hope the Calliope doesn't bring back the Calliope meta from CoH1, where you'd just spam Calliope's instead of building Shermans, because it was a Medium Tank and Rocket Artillery. Bloody terrible idea it was. I'd still prefer the Jumbo and Xylophone, they played much larger roles but they're so overlooked.
30 Jun 2015, 10:36 AM

You're really arguing semantics here.

Also, assuming there will be callipoe and assuming it will be able to use its main gun, why do you think it will be "cheap" enough to warrant it being replacement for normal shermans? What stops it from being really effective, but costing say 200 fuel? Would you use 200 fuel sherman in actual tank fights?

Also, we have sturmtiger, ostwind, puma, uhu, JT, KT.
Neither of them played a large role or was a game changer in any campaign.

I hope relics limiting factors are historical accuracy(not stats, presence in the war) for the vehicles and time periods the armies are supposed to represent.
30 Jun 2015, 13:10 PM
Donator 33

Maybe we will have a commander with a Pershing, Calliope and a Sherman Crocodile! ( that acts like a KV-8 and dies :D )
30 Jun 2015, 13:49 PM

Well, from my point of view, it't not only about "new units". Those new units must have some purpose.

For example, Jadgpanther for OKW has no purpose. Why? Because you already have JPIV and JT. That's example.

So...
Is there any purpose for doctrine with Jumbo? Yes, becasue USF don't have meatshield. Damn high armor, low speed, not best gun and now you have something what can get few hits and not die.

Pershing? Of course there is purpose for that. What are late game AT options for factions with penetration 200+?
OST: Panther, Tiger, Elephnat, Tiger Ace, Pak40, Pak43
OKW: Jadgpanzer, Panther, Command Panther, Tiger II, Jadgtiger, Raketen, Pak43
SU: IS2, ISU152, SU85, KV2, ZiS
USF: M36

Now you see why USF need Pershing? For variety. There is none other unit with high penetration. Only Jackson. Jumbo won't fix it. Making Jacksons every single game is not a way. Other factions have really huge room for maneuvers in terms of late game. But USF don't. They need something else.

How I would see Pershing? Well, it's not medium nor heavy so 800HP but with vet 1/2 960/1040.
It should be really slow. Something like Tiger. As for armor, something between 300-340 would be perfect. As for the main gun, it should be much worse AI than Tiger (I would say low scatter and low AoE so it hit's quite often but won't wipe, like 4.0/1.75) with penetration similar to Tiger.
It would also costs around 600/200 and 20pop.
30 Jun 2015, 14:01 PM
Senior Editor Badge

30 Jun 2015, 14:21 PM
Donator 33

Copy paste is so boring the axis said, but didn't mind getting the KT (with no limits) back, or knights cross (obers), or falls, lawlllllllllll. Get over you're double standards.
30 Jun 2015, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 14:01 PMnigo
Nice one Mirage.

No worries, its been difficult to stall on the info until there was a way to not break NDA :D
30 Jun 2015, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 08:53 AMAradan

Pershing haters are mostly axis only players. Forum crusade for easy play as axis in team games.

You allied fanboys are allways making me laugh. I can't wait to see your disappointment when your precious little Pershing will be not even of Tiger's caliber not to mention IS2. So no, "axis fanboys" are not fearing Pershing. Panther will dispose of it with no truble at all. And all that axis fanboys will do then, is laugh of your tears. :p:p
30 Jun 2015, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 14:45 PMJohnnyB

You allied fanboys are allways making me laugh. I can't wait to see your disappointment when your precious little Pershing will be not even of Tiger's caliber not to mention IS2. So no, "axis fanboys" are not fearing Pershing. Panther will dispose of it with no truble at all. And all that axis fanboys will do then, is laugh of your tears. :p:p

Assuming there will be any pershing, assuming it will be of caliber of -NDA- which belongs to -NDA-, then you'll shit yourself spamming nerf posts.

That being said, as I've mentioned it multiple times, I wouldn't want to see pershing.
There are many more interesting vehicles to be added.
30 Jun 2015, 14:58 PM

wouldn't it be cool if there were no fanboys of anything
30 Jun 2015, 15:01 PM

wouldn't it be cool if there were no fanboys of anything

If there was one faction fighting against itself, it could be possible.
30 Jun 2015, 15:02 PM

Well, from my point of view, it't not only about "new units". Those new units must have some purpose.

For example, Jadgpanther for OKW has no purpose. Why? Because you already have JPIV and JT. That's example.

So...
Is there any purpose for doctrine with Jumbo? Yes, becasue USF don't have meatshield. Damn high armor, low speed, not best gun and now you have something what can get few hits and not die.

Pershing? Of course there is purpose for that. What are late game AT options for factions with penetration 200+?
OST: Panther, Tiger, Elephnat, Tiger Ace, Pak40, Pak43
OKW: Jadgpanzer, Panther, Command Panther, Tiger II, Jadgtiger, Raketen, Pak43
SU: IS2, ISU152, SU85, KV2, ZiS
USF: M36

Now you see why USF need Pershing? For variety. There is none other unit with high penetration. Only Jackson. Jumbo won't fix it. Making Jacksons every single game is not a way. Other factions have really huge room for maneuvers in terms of late game. But USF don't. They need something else.

How I would see Pershing? Well, it's not medium nor heavy so 800HP but with vet 1/2 960/1040.
It should be really slow. Something like Tiger. As for armor, something between 300-340 would be perfect. As for the main gun, it should be much worse AI than Tiger (I would say low scatter and low AoE so it hit's quite often but won't wipe, like 4.0/1.75) with penetration similar to Tiger.
It would also costs around 600/200 and 20pop.

Huge +1.

The synergy between an M36 and M26 would be amazing and it would really solve some late game issues.
30 Jun 2015, 16:50 PM

i saw images in steam images about pershing,goliath and sherman calloipe . Maybe fake though.
30 Jun 2015, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 14:57 PMKatitof

Assuming there will be any pershing, assuming it will be of caliber of -NDA- which belongs to -NDA-, then you'll shit yourself spamming nerf posts.

That being said, as I've mentioned it multiple times, I wouldn't want to see pershing.
There are many more interesting vehicles to be added.

Size doesn't matter smart boy, if you didn't know, as caliber didn't matter in WW2. T34/85 with its 85 caliber barely reached the Panther's cannon performance which was 75. Same story with IS2 and Tiger 122 against 88. But you couldn't understand notions as projectile velocity, quality of gunpowder or steel quality, anyway.... Otherwise you would not continue to contest the supremacy of krupp steel which was the best like you know it but can't accept it, hehehe. :P
30 Jun 2015, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 16:56 PMJohnnyB

Size doesn't matter smart boy, if you didn't know, as caliber didn't matter in WW2. T34/85 with its 85 caliber barely reached the Panther's cannon performance which was 75. Same story with IS2 and Tiger 122 against 88. But you couldn't understand notions as projectile velocity, quality of gunpowder or steel quality, anyway.... Otherwise you would not continue to contest the supremacy of krupp steel which was the best like you know it but can't accept it, hehehe. :P

PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
Netherlands 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %