Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
29 Jun 2015, 12:58 PM

Permanently Banned
One ostheer unit is performing good or perhaps a little bit to good, the shitstorm breaks. Ostheer sucked for months, getting run over time and time again --> L2P bro.

haha this forum what a joke xd
29 Jun 2015, 13:00 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 09:22 AMKatitof

Its overperforming for the cost and its not dependent on availability of counters, it needs cost increase, because its imbalanced anyway, we can also nerf the stats and keep the cost if you like that more.

Elephant always existed and ISU still got nerfs. See?

I have never seen you post anything that isn't biased towards allies, keep it up, I find it very entertaining xd
29 Jun 2015, 13:19 PM

You people are still zeroing in on a unit's stats when you need to look at the bigger picture.

Suppression on MGs is fine.

Support weapons capping at the same speed as all other units is not fine.

Reduce capping speed for support weapons, watch your MG problems melt away with greater map control.

29 Jun 2015, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 12:54 PMEsxile

Are you commenting youself? seriously you telling that, the one in the forum calling anything OP Allied have better than Axis and L2P when Axis have better than Allied. :D priceless.

HMG42 is a masterpiece that hard counter anything USF can field T0 and T1. In that way, yes it is too strong vs USF. That have been my only argument over the unit so far. But you'll probably tell me its a L2P, I have to deal with blablabla... until next patch and Relic releases proper adjustment for USF. And here crying babies will probably change side...

Maybe you should upload a replay showing how mgs are unflankable and how they counter T1 so easily.
There is always people willing to review games. May also add context to your posts cause most people I watch on stream seem to be adapting ok.

29 Jun 2015, 13:25 PM

I have never seen you post anything that isn't biased towards allies, keep it up, I find it very entertaining xd

That might be because vast majority of op stuff ends up being on axis side and the op allies stuff is obvious enough to go without saying and the sheer amount of apologists on axis side just screams to say a word on two on the matter. Not like there is anything OP atm on allied side that isn't direct result of lack of intended changed anyway.

Plus I'm using actual stats to prove my points, which pisses off fanboys who can't argue them(except alex, he got his own coh2 with his own stats that no one else gets and he argues based on that).

There is this simple concept of cost effectiveness.

If a 240mp unit performs like 280-300mp units and have similar or greater stats, it means its stats are too high or cost is too low.
You can't argue that really.
29 Jun 2015, 13:28 PM

You people are still zeroing in on a unit's stats when you need to look at the bigger picture.

Suppression on MGs is fine.

Support weapons capping at the same speed as all other units is not fine.

Reduce capping speed for support weapons, watch your MG problems melt away with greater map control.

+1, been saying this for ages.

In reality though, USF should still be able to hold 2/3 of the map early game. Its just that many still just charge in and attack without thinking because in the past it was so easy to win first couple of engagements.

Been watching hans and paradox play usf tonight and actually found it interesting, unlike the previous meta.

29 Jun 2015, 13:31 PM

Maybe you should upload a replay showing how mgs are unflankable and how they counter T1 so easily.
There is always people willing to review games. May also add context to your posts cause most people I watch on stream seem to be adapting ok.

How to show us how to youself? If you are so confident in your skills to advice people, you're probably good enough to make us a nice guide How to.
29 Jun 2015, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 21:03 PMNosliw
A poorly designed game would also give all factions equal power at all stages of the game, which would include giving every faction a strong MG in T1. What a boring game that would be. [...]

So it would be OK for you if, for example, USF would roflstomp Wermacht in early game?
29 Jun 2015, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 13:31 PMEsxile

How to show us how to youself? If you are so confident in your skills to advice people, you're probably good enough to make us a nice guide How to.

You sound upset. You must be, to jump to that conclusion so quickly. I never suggested I would advise you, nor have I advocated my USF advisory skills either. However there is always something to be learnt from getting other people perspective.

Providing replays also add context, proof of argument so to speak, but they also allow for faults to be found in a persons play-style and I suspect you don't take care for views that don't correlate with your own.

For the record, i have supported reducing the capping rate.

PS : Your sarcasm could do with some more work..:thumb:
29 Jun 2015, 14:34 PM

You sound upset. You must be, to jump to that conclusion so quickly. I never suggested I would advise you, nor have I advocated my USF advisory skills either. However there is always something to be learnt from getting other people perspective.

Providing replays also add context, proof of argument so to speak, but they also allow for faults to be found in a persons play-style and I suspect you don't take care for views that don't correlate with your own.

For the record, i have supported reducing the capping rate.

PS : Your sarcasm could do with some more work..:thumb:

So it is too difficult for you to show how to flank a MG42 and show us. I guess it is easier to say L2P than practicing.

If I was providing replays, it would only show that I'm already flanking. Flanking itself is not an issue, Its cost is. As USF its cost you a lot of resources for a low reward price since game mechanisms allow fast come back while the risk and cost of failing a flank is really high for USF.
29 Jun 2015, 14:41 PM

So it would be OK for you if, for example, USF would roflstomp Wermacht in early game?

US pretty much does Roflstomp Wehr all the way into the midgame, and thats ok such as long as Wehr has the tools to effect a comeback. In vCoH, that recipe worked just fine.
29 Jun 2015, 14:50 PM

If the two players are of equal skill it's never a roflstomp. But the axis factions are designed to be weaker early game. That's why both OKW and Ostheer infantry is weaker than USFs. That's why Ostheer has MG42s to combine with their Grenadiers to win riflemen by using positioning and baiting tactics. That's why OKW has a resource deficit and 5 levels of vet. Allies have always had strong infantry and controlled the pace of the early game with their manoeuvrable squads. It just so happens that before the MG42 buff, an american player could run 4 riflemen at an MG42 and kill it. That shouldn't happen and is rewarding slopping noob play. Have you ever tried running 4 riflemen directly at an MG42 in CoH1? Let me tell you, they won't even kill the gunner of the gun, let alone wipe the crew. As I said before, if americans could survive against the strong MG42s of CoH1, then they most certainly will in CoH2 with riflegrenade smoke and fast M20s. People just need to give this patch some more time and both learn how to play effectively against MG42s and become better players overall. We can't simply nerf the MG42 simply because a few allied fanboys find the game too difficult now.
29 Jun 2015, 15:00 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 14:50 PMNosliw

If the two players are of equal skill it's never a roflstomp. But the axis factions are designed to be weaker early game. That's why both OKW and Ostheer infantry is weaker than USFs. That's why Ostheer has MG42s to combine with their Grenadiers to win riflemen by using positioning and baiting tactics. That's why OKW has a resource deficit and 5 levels of vet. Allies have always had strong infantry and controlled the pace of the early game with their manoeuvrable squads. It just so happens that before the MG42 buff, an american player could run 4 riflemen at an MG42 and kill it. That shouldn't happen and is rewarding slopping noob play. Have you ever tried running 4 riflemen directly at an MG42 in CoH1? Let me tell you, they won't even kill the gunner of the gun, let alone wipe the crew. As I said before, if americans could survive against the strong MG42s of CoH1, then they most certainly will in CoH2 with riflegrenade smoke and fast M20s. People just need to give this patch some more time and both learn how to play effectively against MG42s and become better players overall. We can't simply nerf the MG42 simply because a few allied fanboys find the game too difficult now.

Maps in CoH 2 are not as open as maps of vCoH. Even Jesulin finds it hard to flank on some maps. MG 42 needs a cost increase as I doubt maps will be changed
29 Jun 2015, 15:00 PM
Donator 11

Maps in CoH 2 are not as open as maps of vCoH. Even Jesulin finds it hard to flank on some maps. MG 42 needs a cost increase as I doubt maps will be changed
29 Jun 2015, 15:45 PM

Sigh.
I have never understood the "4 rifles running into mg and steal it" crap

Mgs were fine,with a little micro and good positioning you could stop blobs.Now its just stupidly easy,get 2 mgs,put them somewhere,gg.
Nobody wants the old mg back ,thats why its price has to be raised.

Its a total no-brainer,your opponent needs 2-3 times the micro and clicks to overwhelm one mg.
Not even to mention ammo,mp losses during the assault,or risk of losing a squad,whereas u just have to push the retreat button in time.

Add this to some asian lmg blobers.(could be any blober,but mostly asians)
Then u are questioning yourself why .50 cal is more pricey and maxim not at all doing what its supposed to do for the same cost.

29 Jun 2015, 15:59 PM

Arc of fire smaller, HMG cost higher volks squads weaker than gren and with MP40 upgrade not LMG, BAR general upgrade for rifles scaling better with grenade (no fuel/ammo double cost), Jeep available fuel free, possibility to go T2 and have mortar + sniper, engineer squad stronger than RE squads + flamer upgrade etc... make your comparison completely irrelevant.

What rifles do have in exchange, smoke... WHOOOOOO, I can't see you anymore, you can reposition your MG as fast as I run into the smoke! so great :D

29 Jun 2015, 16:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Sigh.

Mgs were fine,with a little micro and good positioning you could stop blobs.Now its just stupidly easy,get 2 mgs,put them somewhere,gg.

Its a total no-brainer,your opponent needs 2-3 times the micro and clicks to overwhelm one mg.
Not even to mention ammo,mp losses during the assault,or risk of losing a squad,whereas u just have to push the retreat button in time.

Then u are questioning yourself why .50 cal is more pricey and maxim not at all doing what its supposed to do for the same cost.

/thread
29 Jun 2015, 16:43 PM

Sigh.

/thread

29 Jun 2015, 16:53 PM

Lol. Mgs were fairly useless before the patch, they would not see much usage in serious play, now they receive a buff, they are now mildly too cost-effective, the usual suspects scream at the top of their lungs. The cycle continues.
Of course most people have never gone through the vCoH school of flanking and thus suck at it.

Mgs should not suppress squads in green cover obviously, apart from that they are fine.
29 Jun 2015, 17:32 PM
Donator 33

Lol. Mgs were fairly useless before the patch, they would not see much usage in serious play, now they receive a buff, they are now mildly too cost-effective, the usual suspects scream at the top of their lungs. The cycle continues.
Of course most people have never gone through the vCoH school of flanking and thus suck at it.

Mgs should not suppress squads in green cover obviously, apart from that they are fine.

They don't even suppress squads in green cover o_O

I've tested it with the mighty cheatcommands mod:

- 2 Cons behind behind one sandbag, 1 MG firing at them. They never got suppressed until they had like 3 men left each.

MGs suppress squads in green cover only if you have like 3 squads sharing the same piece of cover it seems. The same applies to the Kubelwagen.

Green cover is still working.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight