Login

russian armor

Maps you really REALLY do not like to play on

8 Jun 2015, 23:30 PM

Sittard Summer
If all of 4 player of your team don't play dedicatedly to win game in first 15 mins then it turns into 2 hour artyfest clusterfuck.

Lyenne Forest
Stretched map with strong disbalance on spawn points (north is in more favor)

Vielsam
Map split in 2 sections - first half of game is 2x 2v2. Not much possibilities for teamwork.

City 17
Stretched map too with much red cover (roads). Hard to use AT guns - hard to play factions, that rely on them (ost, sov).
8 Jun 2015, 23:53 PM
Patrion 14

minsk pocket, trois point, lienne, vielsam, all the new community maps 'cept pavlov's house, etc etc.
8 Jun 2015, 23:59 PM

1v1 Specifically

Semois Winter: It's not that I don't like it, it's that I hate the weird cutoff point/fuel positioning/deep snow in bad places. Just need a re-design imo and it'll be good as new.
Stalingrad: Make all the green cover yellow cover, re-design some of the closed off parts of the map messing with pathing.
Road to Kharkov: Campfest :foreveralone:
Bystraya: Horrible deep snow spots/bad resource displacement.
Einhoven: Paks can't do **** on this map and allies can just trollololo there way to victory on here.
La Glaize: Campfest :foreveralone:
9 Jun 2015, 01:14 AM

1v1 Specifically

Semois Winter: It's not that I don't like it, it's that I hate the weird cutoff point/fuel positioning/deep snow in bad places. Just need a re-design imo and it'll be good as new.
Stalingrad: Make all the green cover yellow cover, re-design some of the closed off parts of the map messing with pathing.
Road to Kharkov: Campfest :foreveralone:
Bystraya: Horrible deep snow spots/bad resource displacement.
Einhoven: Paks can't do **** on this map and allies can just trollololo there way to victory on here.
La Glaize: Campfest :foreveralone:

Glad i'm not the only one here.
9 Jun 2015, 02:34 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

As a grade A USF Fanboy,the worst maps in the game are Langres,Minsk,Kharkov,and Crossing.

So wide open.....no flank routes.... :foreveralone:
9 Jun 2015, 02:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Moscow outskirts is so fucking bad.

North sides fuel and cutoff points are retarded. You gotta funnel into your cutoff point, and you have to cross red cover into an open field with buildings on the sout side facing your fuel point. Not to mention its easy as hell to just focus down one point or the other to cutoff north from fuel completely because the north side cutoff has a large forest shotblocker than makes it hard to support both sides effectively. When in even skill levels north side is always at a disadvantage.
9 Jun 2015, 02:53 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

I think most of the maps in 1v1 are pretty subpar if not outright terrible lol. And these deficiencies are exacerbated by where you spawn and faction matchups.
9 Jun 2015, 07:27 AM
Patrion 28

a better question is "Which maps do you really LIKE to play on?".

i can't think of an answer for that one.
9 Jun 2015, 07:43 AM

a better question is "Which maps do you really LIKE to play on?".

i can't think of an answer for that one.

I know that feeling...
Speaking for myself there is no map where I think 'Great! I love this one!'
It's more a feeling between 'Well, okay' and 'Meh..' :snfPeter:
9 Jun 2015, 12:41 PM

hates sittard loves lyon

or sarcasm? :foreveralone:

I don't know if it allowed anything above 2v2, but I certainly never played it above there. Just by having more bridges than there are players on each team you really open things up, and then the narrow infantry bridges on the side were also really cool.

On Sittard you always have at least one player per bridge per team, and it's just commonly accepted that you blow up your bridge.

Also could be that I played it mostly 1v1, I dunno. It never became a big artillery fest for me, it was always very tactical.
9 Jun 2015, 19:05 PM

Minsk Pocket
Crossing in the woods

"Which maps do you really LIKE to play on?"

Moscow outskirts
9 Jun 2015, 19:32 PM

The CoH1 maps are all painful to play on in CoH2 because they just highlight how fundamentally different the interactions between territory and terrain are between the two games.

I always veto blizzard maps on principle, as well as any that feature a lot of deep snow or mud. They are great ideas and all, but they simply don't mesh well with the game as a whole.

I feel a lot of maps throw down LOS blocking objects unintentionally and/or randomly, as well as position objects in manners that don't take into account that CoH's pathing is calculated on a rigid checkerboard of a grid. Minsk Pocket is a major offender of this, imo.
9 Jun 2015, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2015, 19:05 PM1[][]
Minsk Pocket
Crossing in the woods

"Which maps do you really LIKE to play on?"

Moscow outskirts

9 Jun 2015, 20:01 PM

When I play 1v1, I get the "Ah f*ck, not this map" feeling no matter what map loads when I am playing axis.
9 Jun 2015, 20:12 PM

The old notion that open maps generally favour Axis simply does not hold true any longer. Guards behind sandbags absolutely dominate long range combat vs Grens, especially since rifle nades dont even really do all that much in green cover, but at least OH has snipers and mortars whereas OKW is pretty screwed. As US, offensive stance is murderous vs all OKW infantry, OH being in a much better position.
That being said, maps I don't like to play, regardless of faction, Stalingrad, Bystraya, Minsk Pocket, Kholodny Winter with its awkward placement of deep snow right out of the Western base, ergh. Does not mean I necessarily veto them tho.
9 Jun 2015, 20:36 PM

2v2 experience:

crossing woods+minsk = point big gun here, build wall there, bomb bomb bomb

moscow outskirt = well balanced, choke points and open ground offer serious decision making.
9 Jun 2015, 21:56 PM

I know that feeling...
Speaking for myself there is no map where I think 'Great! I love this one!'
It's more a feeling between 'Well, okay' and 'Meh..' :snfPeter:

that feel when I love Stalingrad :foreveralone:
9 Jun 2015, 22:21 PM

Angoville was completely fine in COH1 because tank trap, fast wiring speed, and cut-throat penalty cutting wire under fire.

Yeah..was fine in COH1; but try clearing that house with WFA; especially with OKW.
9 Jun 2015, 22:52 PM

Yeah..was fine in COH1; but try clearing that house with WFA; especially with OKW.

Ye. Almost forces you into Scavenge for that reason alone, leaving you with no real suppression tool. Not that the Mg34 is worth much in that regard either, but still.
10 Jun 2015, 05:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2015, 20:36 PM1[][]

2v2 experience:
moscow outskirt = well balanced, choke points and open ground offer serious decision making.

Whoever spawns south wins or has a HUGE edge. Too easy to get the cutoff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★