Login

russian armor

Maps you really REALLY do not like to play on

8 Jun 2015, 08:28 AM

Hello guys, I just wanted to start a discussion about which maps you don't like and Veto most of the time.

Stalingrad
As a 95% Axis only player, this map is very hard. Stupid cover placements and most close quarter battles disfavor the German troops. 120mm is more destructive then ever before and you can forget about tanks (especially turretless ones) because of that awful pathing.

Bystraya Voda
I have to say I dislike this map even more than Stalingrad. IMO it's a cool idea to play a map at night but the fact that there is only one single fuel point makes this map bad. Additionaly the battles are somehow weird because of the uneven terrain.

Minsk Pocket
A horror for the German army if you rely on MGs to support your troops. Single bushes and tree stumps block your MGs/PaKs vision making it useless. It's even worse in 2v2.

Semoisky/Semoisky Winter
This was once my favourite map but with the changes of the fuel points I somehow dislike it. The winter version is even worse with its even further fuel points. In addition I hate the big frozen lake on the northern side. Most tanks somehow prefer to drive over this ice and with a single hit they sink. The enemy on the other hand has only a small river to fear.

Huertgen Forest
Way too large. Your units need about a minute to retreat to base. If being chased by an M3/M20/Stuart there is absolutely no chance to survive. It's also very tight on most places making the pathing go crazy.
8 Jun 2015, 08:51 AM

Stalingrad, ive actually had good sucess with.G43s and spam P4s. The Close range works well for P4s. And you can try dominate the map before they call in. However, if they do spam shocks its not good. Maybe a FHT into P4s would be only viable counter.

Bystaya Voda, canbe really fun. Onlyharras the fuel as axis, go hard on North for munis and VPs. Make a single fuel cache to make up for loss of fuel point. Its nice and open for paks.

Minsk always seems allied favoured, long distance to Base, loads of flanking.
8 Jun 2015, 08:56 AM

Permanently Banned
A 95% axis only player should never complain about minsk.

like karkov, those are auto win axis maps.

the changes to both semois were good, nnot bad

list feels incomplete, there are a lot more bad maps
8 Jun 2015, 09:17 AM

Stalingrad
Bystraya Voda
Minsk Pocket
Crossing in the woods
Kholodny ferma spring / winter
Angovile
Road to Karkov
8 Jun 2015, 09:30 AM

Stalingrad: I hate this map as allies and as axis. I just can't seem to win on that. I still remember the day I lost to rank 5000 scrub on that map.

Semoski winter in 1vs1: Same as above, always losing on this map. Marks my worst defeat in history, lost 1vp Vs 0 vp (after a 500 vp lead). I stopped playing the game after that for a while.

Hürtgen Forest: A really bad 2vs2 map. The problem is that you can double team someone and the team mate can't respond/help in time because it takes too much time to get from one side to the other. Also it's unbalanced because northern spawn has to cross a river for the own fuel and a bridge for a VP. If relic wants to win an award in "worst map ever" they should do a winter version of this. Blizzards every 5 minutes and deep snow in the forest paths.

Rails & Metal: I know it's a classic but fights turn out too similar every time. Rush right fuel point house, fight there for a while, who wins there, usually wins the game. I also seem to lose to often on that map.

Minsk Pocket: I always veto this map as allies, OST HMG is just hard to deal with on this map and Elefants/Jagdtigers are hard to flank. In addition most combat on this map is long ranged.

Crossing in the woods: Also a veto as allies, hard to close in & flank when 1-2 Mg42 can shut down your infantry play. Map should be renamed to Crossing red cover in the woods.

Sittard: This map has nothing to do in auto search, its the typical comp stomper map which destroyable bridges and choke points.
8 Jun 2015, 09:39 AM

in 1vs1, I usually never veto maps, only when the matchmaking always proposes the same one in a row I vetoed it for the day.

In 4vs4, I veto Sittard because this map isn't fun.

Instead of opening a thread on map you ban, why not opening a thread on map you like to play? :D
8 Jun 2015, 09:48 AM

A 95% axis only player should never complain about minsk.

I REALLY like Minsk as soviets. Gaining huge map control is really easy. Just spam and flank to death then bring in armour. Plus M3s can be brutal on it.

Ok, OKW have a much better time than Werh.
8 Jun 2015, 09:50 AM

Sittard, without a doubt. That map inspired me to actually start using my vetos.

I once won a 2v4 on that map after two teammates quit, but it took forever and there was so much artillery flying around it was absolutely ridiculous. After a few more times just camping and bombarding the central VP I decided to try and flank. Spent literally the whole match trying to repair one of the bridges, has 7(!) engis all working on it dodging stuka bombardments. One enemy parked a raketen on the other side and just shot the bridge over and over, still my engis could only barely repair it. Once he built a jagdpanzer all my hopes were dashed.

Even though I managed to rebuilt it twice, I couldn't even cross the bridge before the Axis artillery blew it to bits like the very fist of Hitler himself smashing into it from Olympus.

And my team still won.

After that I vetoed it and stopped playing anything above 2v2 altogether. Every night I send a prayer to RNGesus that Relic will add Lyon. Fucking loved that map.
8 Jun 2015, 10:04 AM

Sittard is fun when your with an AT and you get put against some Allied players who are extremely overconfident in their win chances so they just do the normal Priest Pop cap abuse spam + Katyushas then they get slapped down with counterbarrage LefH's and Double Stuka's.

Also having a Jadgtiger + Elefant covering the main bridge is really fun, also covering the entire left and right sides of the maps right mines so when they rush 8 T34/85's they all hit Reigals or Tellars.
8 Jun 2015, 10:53 AM
Donator 22

I have four maps that I universally strike in 1s, with every faction:

Kharov, Minsk, Bystraya, and Stalingrad.

I hate narrow maps, and Bystraya just doesnt make much sense. Stalingrad is just a shitshow.

In 2s, I strike minsk, kharov, bystraya, and usually rhyzev. I really hate narrow maps. Narrow maps become so damn campy, and often become alla bout heavy assault guns, which I hate so much. it's hard to flank, and it becomes such a artillery shitshow. No thank you.
8 Jun 2015, 11:06 AM
Donator 11

Minsk and Semoisky Summer/Winter are completly ok, just need somewhat adjusted playstyle from wehr.

But stalingrand and bystraya? I dont like playing on these maps even as allies.
8 Jun 2015, 11:29 AM

Hello guys, I just wanted to start a discussion about which maps you don't like and Veto most of the time.

Stalingrad
As a 95% Axis only player, this map is very hard. Stupid cover placements and most close quarter battles disfavor the German troops. 120mm is more destructive then ever before and you can forget about tanks (especially turretless ones) because of that awful pathing.

Bystraya Voda
I have to say I dislike this map even more than Stalingrad. IMO it's a cool idea to play a map at night but the fact that there is only one single fuel point makes this map bad. Additionaly the battles are somehow weird because of the uneven terrain.

Minsk Pocket
A horror for the German army if you rely on MGs to support your troops. Single bushes and tree stumps block your MGs/PaKs vision making it useless. It's even worse in 2v2.

Semoisky/Semoisky Winter
This was once my favourite map but with the changes of the fuel points I somehow dislike it. The winter version is even worse with its even further fuel points. In addition I hate the big frozen lake on the northern side. Most tanks somehow prefer to drive over this ice and with a single hit they sink. The enemy on the other hand has only a small river to fear.

Huertgen Forest
Way too large. Your units need about a minute to retreat to base. If being chased by an M3/M20/Stuart there is absolutely no chance to survive. It's also very tight on most places making the pathing go crazy.

Position 4 on Semosky Winter is a major disadvantage to Ost/Sov due to how much further you have travel to get back to the field.

Kholodny winter is still a shitfight because of deep snow but the left is worse.

8 Jun 2015, 11:31 AM

Any map with stupid retarded deep snow or mud.

Any map with ONLY A FUCKING BRIDGE AT THE MIDDLE. Why the fuck they are in automatch?

Totally one-side biased map: Stalingrad, north Moscow, north Rzhev.

The day/night cycle map, forgot the name, the layout of the map is retarded.
8 Jun 2015, 12:00 PM

Angoville southern cut-off house.

Campeskaya.

Spamming in the Woods.

Shittard.

Trois Ponts.
8 Jun 2015, 12:16 PM

Stalingrad
- On my veto list

Bystraya Voda
- It's rather interesting. Because you can let your enemy rushing to catch the fuel point and dig in, while you take control over the amo and never let him take it. Think about the possibilities.

Minsk Pocket
- Nah, it's quite balanced.

Semoisky/Semoisky Winter
- Sorry, love hat map especially from axis point of view, I always win on it while Axis.

Huertgen Forest
- On my veto list
8 Jun 2015, 12:16 PM

Angoville southern cut-off house.

Campeskaya.

Spamming in the Woods.

Shittard.

Trois Ponts.

Angoville was completely fine in COH1 because tank trap, fast wiring speed, and cut-throat penalty cutting wire under fire.
8 Jun 2015, 12:41 PM

In 1s:
Langraskaya.
Anything with mud, deep snow or blizzards

In 2s there just aren't enough vetos to go around, crossing, hurtgen, trois pont, winter maps.

I think you'd get a far shorter list if you asked us to pick maps we actually like :D
8 Jun 2015, 12:47 PM

Sittard, without a doubt. That map inspired me to actually start using my vetos.

I once won a 2v4 on that map after two teammates quit, but it took forever and there was so much artillery flying around it was absolutely ridiculous. After a few more times just camping and bombarding the central VP I decided to try and flank. Spent literally the whole match trying to repair one of the bridges, has 7(!) engis all working on it dodging stuka bombardments. One enemy parked a raketen on the other side and just shot the bridge over and over, still my engis could only barely repair it. Once he built a jagdpanzer all my hopes were dashed.

Even though I managed to rebuilt it twice, I couldn't even cross the bridge before the Axis artillery blew it to bits like the very fist of Hitler himself smashing into it from Olympus.

And my team still won.

After that I vetoed it and stopped playing anything above 2v2 altogether. Every night I send a prayer to RNGesus that Relic will add Lyon. Fucking loved that map.

hates sittard loves lyon

or sarcasm? :foreveralone:
8 Jun 2015, 12:54 PM

This:

Any map with stupid retarded deep snow or mud.

Any map with ONLY A FUCKING BRIDGE AT THE MIDDLE. Why the fuck they are in automatch?

Totally one-side biased map: Stalingrad, north Moscow, north Rzhev.

The day/night cycle map, forgot the name, the layout of the map is retarded.

And:

Most of them are terrible imo. Need maps that don't have a "better side" like Crossing.

So map developers stop wasting time on "cool" looking maps and make MIRROR maps. ^_^

BTW:What the f happend with the topic with all the 1v1 maps flaws? The one that Luvnest made, I cant find it someone repost link in this topic? :crazy:
8 Jun 2015, 23:23 PM

minsk is good. The bushes can get annoying though.
All the other ones you mentioned are awful.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 113
unknown 5
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak