Login

russian armor

More blobbing than ever.....

5 Jun 2015, 08:07 AM

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you did have the impression, as I do, that since the famous no more blobing patch of april, the situation is worst than it was before...

The russian have an insame Firepower due to PTRS and a simple split protect them from suppression.

It seems than 4 or 5 riffle squad is the most comon start for all americans when not 6 or more...

German Grenadier are quite often seen as a blob of 4 or more groups...

and volks... OMG worst than before...

I think the reason is the following:

shreck lost performance so people want to have more to be as effective as before => blob

PTRS blob counter easily Mg 42 even with the buf because u can directly target the weapon and break it => blob PTRS counter MG 42

120 mm mortar are so efficient that you prefer to count on many units spread out and less expensive than tech and pay more for less units...

not mentioning the "I blob until I get my call in"... most of the russiand who play T 34 85 and 120 mortar don't tech... sometimes not even T2... they prefer to spend on call in such as guards and mortar until they get T 34 85...

same with OKW and Wechmachts, and especially Rifle company and the famous E8 spams....

I don't say that you cannot counter the blobs, I just say that it gets borring not to fight vs people that play combined... more than that, it is frustrating to hold quite well the 4 or 5 first group with combined weapon and then the guy comes back with 7 or 8 groups and break it through your defenses....

In other words... don't you think this patch made the gameplay worst than better ???

5 Jun 2015, 08:30 AM

Didn't Machine Guns get buffed against blobs recently or am I mistaken?
5 Jun 2015, 08:59 AM

Not sure of blob, spam T1 units is still really used. Rifle/Volks/gren/cons+guards are reliable units that can be spam.

I think you need to take in consideration the different moment you usually win a game.

Early game: Yes it is strongly possible to win a game during this period. A good move overwhelming your opponent and losing a key unit can make him surrender. So to make sure you don't lose your key unit, just don't build it and spam your usual squads.

Mid game: No, it really unusual to lose a game during mid game, to surrender because you lost a light vehicle. Its kind part of the meta, at some point, to lose your light armored stuff. flipping the coin, your T1 units usually have all the stuff required to soft counter light vehicles and let you stall till late game.

Late game: Comes too early, too accessible, too powerful compared to stock units, so better wait 5 min more to get a tiger/IS2/panther than building midgame stuff that can't do much vs them.

The good news is Relic is aware of that and the next patch should bring some modification.
5 Jun 2015, 09:28 AM

MG is not supposed to counter a blob by itself, its supposed to be a SUPPORT weapon, he will suppress even faster, and once suppressed, your unit will lose a lot of combat potential. 1 MG in green cover and 2 assault infantry will beat easily 6-7 cons in no cover for example.

6-7 rifles start will be hell of a MP bleed for the rest of the game

Blob its a no micro required technique, in every RTS you will see blob, cause if you dont have the right answer, you will be penalized, but dont forget:

The more you blob, the more you are exposed to mass retreat and support weapons.
5 Jun 2015, 10:41 AM
Donator 11

It's cpt.sPrice creating his legacy
5 Jun 2015, 10:54 AM

Didn't Machine Guns get buffed against blobs recently or am I mistaken?

In the last patch? No. They only buffed the MG42 damage.

It was already clear from the patch notes that there will not change much about blobbing. The only blob that got nerfed was the OKW one, but they often continue blobbing because they have not much choice anyway. In fact as was already said they might blob even more now because they need more infantry to get as much done as the old blobs. On the other hand they buffed PTRS so that Soviets have more effective infantry that might get blobbed.

In terms of anti-blob weapons they did not do much either. leIG still won't stop blobs besides the suppression buff, you would need multiple ones but they cost a lot, USF Mortar Halftrack still does not see much use apparently, and I think that was already it in terms of improved anti blob weapons.

But I assume this issue will be addressed to some degree again in the next patch :)
5 Jun 2015, 11:46 AM

What do you think of the following modifications:

- Make the PTRS a weapon to buy in guard troops and leave it as it is.

- Make prices in man power of the units depends on the number of identical units you have on the map (like first group rifle is 280 4th groups is 300, Etc)

- Unlock the Call in only through the construction of one superior tech building or through the unlock of tier for Wechmacht.

- Increase damage taken of the infantry units that occupy the same location. especially to AOE like Ie G or M8 or Mortars...

- Increase the supression of the HMg 34 so it really become a usable weapon (even if it means increase of MP price too)

- Increase of the cost of shreck and increase of their Dmg (120 amo a shreck for the dmg it used to deal...)

- Reinforce the advantage of cover especially the green one to direct fire (so that a group of Mg 42 plus a couple of grenadier can obliged a blob to go back or to pay the price of staying under suppression...

In other words make the life of blobbers a hell so they just have to adjust their way of playing...

would you like this kind of balance ?

I think this kind of balance should break the blob logic and the game would become much more tactic than attack clic.
5 Jun 2015, 12:33 PM

Do you have a replay of you loosing only cause ennemy blobbing ? i personally never lost cause of a blob, i'am curious
5 Jun 2015, 12:38 PM

Are you sure you've lost your last game because of blobbing and not just because you're bad? Replay?
5 Jun 2015, 13:22 PM

IMO the problem is that Ost/OKW were meant to be stronger in endgame but at least Sov is on par with them at the moment and even stronger in early and mid.
In addition unit preservation is much easier for allies because of the larger squad sizes. 4 man killed because of RNG leads to retreat for them, for Ost it's a expensive lost squad.
5 Jun 2015, 13:37 PM

IMO the problem is that Ost/OKW were meant to be stronger in endgame but at least Sov is on par with them at the moment and even stronger in early and mid.
In addition unit preservation is much easier for allies because of the larger squad sizes. 4 man killed because of RNG leads to retreat for them, for Ost it's a expensive lost squad.

True in every single word but don't expect biased people to understand this. You'll have Katitof and Queen telling you that you need to L2P in an instant.
5 Jun 2015, 15:59 PM

according to the demands, I will post a replay of the blobbers as soon as it happens again... I am not very high in the ladder either so although I would not call my self noob I am not in the 25 top gun of the game are you ???

this said, at any level, with the things I just said the game play should be improve I guess.... and I mean I guess, I started this post to get an idea from you guys not to have you telling me how noob I am... This is pathetic... If you want to tell people Noob, noob noob, go on LOL or other games like that... COH2 As I though, was a game for people who like strategy and not CPD (construction production destruction) as I like to call it like starcraft...well anyway again what do you think of my proposals no one said a thing about them ....
5 Jun 2015, 17:00 PM

still blobbing can be punished easily. also i wouldnt call it blobbing but "large scale infantry assaults" and for me personally this also gives me a nice ww2-like atmosphere.

the only last really problematic thing in this game imo is the 120mm mortar and its 1-man retreat
5 Jun 2015, 17:53 PM

That is still under NDA dude...
lol hahaha fail, thanks for tip
5 Jun 2015, 18:10 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak