Login

russian armor

Jackson spam

PAGES (10)down
31 May 2015, 12:43 PM

Sending tigers and panthers against the jackson is stupid. they have enough penetration and will treat the both tanks as oversized p4's. to counter glass cannons you need a glass cannon of your own.

Buffing the stug back to its original purpose would fix this as well as making tier 3 valid in the face of the callin meta
31 May 2015, 12:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

it's really not that difficult of a concept.

USF spends 90+-125+125+125=465 to shut down tigers...twice as much as one tiger FUEL wise...let's not talk about USF mp bleed in comparison.

2 jacksons isn't spam, no matter what was burned into your heads, and 3 basically says "I have NO AI except a big meaty rifle blob"

SO BUILD 2 PAKS, POINT YOUR MGs at the rifle blobs,once the blob retreats, bind your PAKS to control group 1, bind tiger to control group 2, and A MOVE the Jacksons.. and creep forwards until you're at USF BASE. Use tiger to wipe stupid wandering rifle squads that try to kill your PAKS, because nothing short of soviet arty or infantry flanks will ever kill PAKS.

If there's Jackson spam there's no priest
There's no Sherman
There's nothing to stop you, except a soviet player supporting with godly Stalin artillery... Which isn't a problem with the Jackson per say.... More like good synergy between Sov And USF.

I'm not gonna talk about OP ost+ OKW combinations though.
31 May 2015, 12:54 PM

Nothing wrong with the M36. Raising it to 150 fuel is too much considering the fact that it still dies after 3 hits.
31 May 2015, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 12:43 PMZyllen
Sending tigers and panthers against the jackson is stupid. they have enough penetration and will treat the both tanks as oversized p4's. to counter glass cannons you need a glass cannon of your own.

Buffing the stug back to its original purpose would fix this as well as making tier 3 valid in the face of the callin meta

:)
31 May 2015, 14:34 PM

I love hamstringing myself and getting StuGs.

I miss StuGs being a worthy piece of armor.
31 May 2015, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2015, 13:18 PMJason
I think jacksons cost should be 150 fuel. They're too cost effective now, & in team games are being spammed. Just my 2 cents.

Pak walls counter Jacksons, CAS AT strafe counters Jacksons, an Elefant counters Jacksons, dbl PG squads with shreks flanking/rushing Jacksons counter them, Pak43 counters them(not recommended though tbh, always gets arty wiped, but just another option), Volk blob with shreks counters Jacksons, dbl Raketens counter Jacksons, Panther counters Jacksons, and JadgTiger counters Jacksons. So try em all out and let me know how ya do in-game, and if you're still having problems respond to this post and I will give you the key to Axis victory vs Jacksons my good lad. Sometimes trying different strategies is better than spamming Tigers and getting countered, then suggesting a fuel increase for the thing you can't counter with your Tiger :foreveralone:
31 May 2015, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 14:57 PMVonIvan

Pak walls counter Jacksons, CAS AT strafe counters Jacksons, an Elefant counters Jacksons, dbl PG squads with shreks flanking/rushing Jacksons counter them, Pak43 counters them(not recommended though tbh, always gets arty wiped, but just another option), Volk blob with shreks counters Jacksons, dbl Raketens counter Jacksons, Panther counters Jacksons, and JadgTiger counters Jacksons. So try em all out and let me know how ya do in-game, and if you're still having problems respond to this post and I will give you the key to Axis victory vs Jacksons my good lad. Sometimes trying different strategies is better than spamming Tigers and getting countered, then suggesting a fuel increase for the thing you can't counter with your Tiger :foreveralone:

Its broken and imbalanced then :foreveralone:
31 May 2015, 16:24 PM

[Post #74 Invised, for excessive trolling] Please knock it off guys...
31 May 2015, 17:35 PM

Everyone here in the thread missing the real point of the thread - the original poster doesn't know how to play, so all your suggestions are invalid. Somehow he still hasn't commented on why he doesn't just make 1-2 paks - literally the best AT option in the game to support his tigers. You guys can keep replying to him with many different options (as we have done) but you can't teach someone who has already made up their mind. He didn't make this thread to find out how to deal with it - in his mind this thread was made to teach all of you something that he already knows to be fact. Maybe a mod will think this is trolling, but I think it is important even for the poster to realize that this is what he is doing so he can think about whether he is really better than and knows more than the experienced players who have come to reply on his thread.

Any USF player knows that you can't just "replace the jackson whenever you want". If you are playing 4v4 and the game has gone long, maybe you are floating enough fuel to just replace them as you lose them in a game that you are already handily winning anyway. But in 1v1 and even 2v2, if you lose your jacksons you are going to have a very hard time recovering. There is also the issue of build time - they build pretty slow considering you have basically no decent AT while you are waiting.
31 May 2015, 18:59 PM

you can't teach someone who has already made up their mind.

The problem with this is that if you follow this logic, this whole forum is an utter waste of eSpace and time.
31 May 2015, 19:36 PM

The problem with this is that if you follow this logic, this whole forum is an utter waste of eSpace and time.
That sounds about right:D
31 May 2015, 20:05 PM

Its not just jackson,tiger loses to every lategame armor.T-34/85,is-2 and jackson.Can't compete in any way with either.If u want to kill infantry why not get ostwind with pak lol.Just fix t4 price,not a single ost player will use tiger.
Already most have drifted to CAS because that answers cheese and blob with exactly that.An eye for an eye.
31 May 2015, 20:14 PM

Oh mighty austerlitz, show us Tiger losing to single T34/85 and thou shalt be rewarded with a cookie.

You mean dual? Why was your tiger unsupported then?

You don't really have any excuse and spit comparable bs to certain other someone.
31 May 2015, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 20:14 PMKatitof
Oh mighty austerlitz, show us Tiger losing to single T34/85 and thou shalt be rewarded with a cookie.

You mean dual? Why was your tiger unsupported then?

You don't really have any excuse and spit comparable bs to certain other someone.
Mighty Katitof logic: One Tiger = No combined arms; two T-34/85s in the same call in = Combined arms. Thus the Tiger shouldn´t defeat the T-34/85s.

You should consider becoming a comedian.
31 May 2015, 21:13 PM

Well, he already is :).

But seriously guys, Jacksons need no change, they are perfectly fine now.
Related to combined arms thing and Tigers, well, I think that we, the guys who love krupp steel :P have to admit that COH2 is just a game at the end and it doesn't have to reflect reality. I mean going in with a Tiger and turning upside down an entire enemy line may be sexy, may be real, but it's not quite balanced.

The Tiger looks so bad now because we constantly compare it with IS2 which is OP these days, no doubt about it. As for reality, both tanks could take each other out, but Tiger had better chances due to faster reload time (it could fire 2 shots while IS2 just 1) and better aiming capabilities.

I would say Tiger is fine as long as IS2 would be brought to its level and not blatantly superior.
31 May 2015, 21:23 PM

Mighty Katitof logic: One Tiger = No combined arms; two T-34/85s in the same call in = Combined arms. Thus the Tiger shouldn´t defeat the T-34/85s.

Your counter logic will be soon put to a test.

2 units are still 2 units.
1 is still 1.

31 May 2015, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 21:13 PMJohnnyB

I mean going in with a Tiger and turning upside down an entire enemy line may be sexy, may be real, but it's not quite balanced.

Yeah... I think "real" might be pushing it a bit...
But that's an argument for the Library.
31 May 2015, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 21:23 PMKatitof

Your counter logic will be soon put to a test.

2 units are still 2 units.
1 is still 1.

You went full retarded. :foreveralone:

Prove to me 4 Zerglings > 1 Colossus, and 4 Zerglings = combined arms.
31 May 2015, 21:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

More like 2 Ultralisk vs 1 Colossus. At least make the right conversion :P
31 May 2015, 21:50 PM

More like 2 Ultralisk vs 1 Colossus. At least make the right conversion :P

Nah he is talking with 2 > 1, I am just proving this logic could be fully retarded.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS