Login

russian armor

2vs2 Winrates

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
15 May 2015, 21:47 PM

Relic get's data the same way the dude in the OP did. Blind reporting on win rates without focusing on a particular skill bracket or organization of players.

You really went over yourself with the bullshit here.
On games I work I can get data on absolutely EVERYTHING effortlessly, player stats, gear, levels, currencies they have etc etc.

And you think relic doesn't have a simple data on win loss ratios for all factions in different brackets?

Are you that stupid when it comes to game design and data tracking?
15 May 2015, 21:48 PM

There much more Axis players, and much more noobs

Get stats from the top 250 players to get some accurate stats, not random cr*p
15 May 2015, 21:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 20:44 PMGdot

12,000 is wayyyy more than you would need for a sample size. Also it was across several game modes if I remember correctly. Not just 2v2.

No, it was 12000 just for 2v2. It was like 40000 games in total.
Even better, it took the matches from a fix pool of players, not just randomly.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 20:44 PMGdot

You're a veteran player, was this data honestly surprising to you?

Again, double SU is the strongest combination due to several factors.
What i would argue is the sample pool and methodology.

I'll say 2v2 AT allies are stronger for sure, but i don't trust the numbers which are presented here.
15 May 2015, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 21:47 PMKatitof

You really went over yourself with the bullshit here.
On games I work I can get data on absolutely EVERYTHING effortlessly, player stats, gear, levels, currencies they have etc etc.

And you think relic doesn't have a simple data on win loss ratios for all factions in different brackets?

Are you that stupid when it comes to game design and data tracking?

No that is literally what I just said. Relic has easy access to the win rates, and thus can report them much easier BUT the end result is the same as what the OP did unless Relic decided to go more in depth or cover more game modes.

See my above post, Relic pulling a number from the battle server and going "here you go guys" ends the same way a dude using sample sizes does except probably with the smaller margin of error.

This assumes of course the battle servers are infallible, when everyone knows they aren't.
15 May 2015, 22:22 PM

Relic doesn't release numbers on winning rates because we would club each other to death over that.
It's safe to say this guy opened the live games and took always some from the first page, taking into account that first page games without any filters preset filter is by rank, it's safe to say those were rather med-high games he was watching.

If you are more interested, write this guy on reddit, as he asked what he should record for his next numbers.

I just saw the numbers and thought that might interests some guys here, no bias or whatever.

#Edit I don't really doubt the numbers, since the guy was pulling something off similar some months ago, with a different outcome. It were just 500 games tough.
15 May 2015, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 20:32 PMGdot

So we are good with legends stats when he proved axis had an advantage, now that the terms have flipped we need 'real' data.
yes, i dont doubt soviets are over performing a bit, but 70%? Thats bs
15 May 2015, 23:23 PM

Those winrates seem plausible to me. It´s almost impossible to win as Axis this patch in 2v2s. Went down from the top 10 in 2v2 to 50+ last time I checked. Went from about winning three of four games down to winning one in three maybe. I achieved this with Ostheer prepatch btw. before someone spreads this bullcrap about a skill gap of OKW players. Definitely switching to Soviets this patch. It´s cute to see some people here denying the blatant op´ness of the Soviets though.
15 May 2015, 23:39 PM
Donator 11

but...but every axis win feels so much superior now.B-)
15 May 2015, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2015, 23:23 PMButcher
Those winrates seem plausible to me. It´s almost impossible to win as Axis this patch in 2v2s. Went down from the top 10 in 2v2 to 50+ last time I checked. Went from about winning three of four games down to winning one in three maybe. I achieved this with Ostheer prepatch btw. before someone spreads this bullcrap about a skill gap of OKW players. Definitely switching to Soviets this patch. It´s cute to see some people here denying the blatant op´ness of the Soviets though.

If you drop, some goes up...
16 May 2015, 00:05 AM

If you drop, some goes up...
Yes, they go up by doing nothing, because my ELO drops. If they are smart, they just don´t play and go up.
16 May 2015, 00:17 AM

Blame Relic for not removing inactive players then
16 May 2015, 00:22 AM

I have a really hard time believing these stats are real. Some random dude on Reddit posting numbers does not qualify as information worth acting upon, or even discussing for that matter. If he had a spread sheet, with a little more info, such as game time, drops rates etc, it would be worth discussing, but until then I suggest everyone ignores it.
16 May 2015, 00:23 AM

Blame Relic for not removing inactive players then
Which isn´t the problem. The problem is the balance. Soviets in 2v2 are hardly beatable. I dare to say on equal skill levels the Soviet players have to fuck up big time to even come close to losing the game. The faction can just bolster up so many failures that would immediately cost you the game as Ostheer.
16 May 2015, 00:52 AM

Consider this, maybe soviets you used to beat before were more skilled than you are, and now with the patch, they beat you, who knows?

The only relevant stats would be those from the top 250 (actives) players of each factions for 2v2
Not from an unknown guy from nowhere who (supposed)watched randomly 1000 games (Admit it sounds cheap and not credible at all)

But since it goes in your direction, you will trust this.

Come on.
16 May 2015, 01:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Consider this, maybe soviets you used to beat before were more skilled than you are, and now with the patch, they beat you, who knows?

The only relevant stats would be those from the top 250 (actives) players of each factions for 2v2
Not from an unknown guy from nowhere who (supposed)watched randomly 1000 games (Admit it sounds cheap and not credible at all)

But since it goes in your direction, you will trust this.

Come on.

+100
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment