Login

russian armor

OKW Op.... really?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (14)down
14 Jun 2015, 18:20 PM

The Kubel screams bad design also. OP early game but no scaling ability.
14 Jun 2015, 18:43 PM

According to some rather nicely leaked patchnotes from a Relic stream (they can't stop anything from being posted there, heh), it's going to be changed rather drastically (and no, I'm not suicidal enough to post that pastebin link here). Although I have no idea if the Kublewagon has been changed since then and now in the private alpha.
14 Jun 2015, 19:07 PM

Permanently Banned

According to some rather nicely leaked patchnotes from a Relic stream (they can't stop anything from being posted there, heh), it's going to be changed rather drastically (and no, I'm not suicidal enough to post that pastebin link here). Although I have no idea if the Kublewagon has been changed since then and now in the private alpha.

bare in mind that alpha changes don't necessarily make it into live build
14 Jun 2015, 19:31 PM

I keep seeing people talk about these leaked patch notes, and I'd really like to find them myself.

Seems I can't find the right thing to google though.
14 Jun 2015, 20:44 PM

Will the new patch optimize the game? My pcs gone and playing right now on a laptop at 25 FPS sucks
14 Jun 2015, 21:16 PM

sry mods delete plz
14 Jun 2015, 21:29 PM
Patrion 28

Will the new patch optimize the game? My pcs gone and playing right now on a laptop at 25 FPS sucks

given that they're adding more stuff i doubt it. with relic's track record they didn't have the time to optimize and, if anything, the game will run worse than before.
14 Jun 2015, 23:46 PM

You are wrong storm. OKW is having trouble in terms of AI. They are solely focused on AT. Rak43, Pak43, shrecks, JpIV, Puma.

Volks don't seem to hit anything at all, obers are expensive and available too late, sturms drop like flies etc.

You don't have to worry about thonks however, just build 2 Rak43s and push back all kind of medium vehicles. Build a pak43 when you feel like it and lol at any vehicles almost getting one shotted.

hmm maybe it felt that way because i recently picked up playing 4v4 again and it seems like allied usf and SU way outproduced us on tanks. Its also possible one guy went industry as there were a crap ton of t34/76s followed by 85s. Didnt have much issue with infantry but now that i think about it that may have been due to my partner being OST supporting me with mg and mortars.

I will say the most annoying thing I hate dealing with as OKW is inf in buildings, even more maxim in buildings.

the rakten I feel cant be used well offensively if i'm using it wrong let me know) the pak 43..are you not worried about katys? There's not a game where Su doesn't build them.

on volks and sturms, and obers....you know you're right. Volks are only really scary thanks to schreck, not ai wise unless they pick up some bars or m1919s

15 Jun 2015, 07:14 AM

I keep seeing people talk about these leaked patch notes, and I'd really like to find them myself.

The link was deleted you will not find it on google. It was there for a determined period of time - untill someone saw it and erased it.
I would consider what Queen said also, even if you would know what those patch notes were saying nobody can guarantee how many of those changes will make it into the final variant of the game. I'm guessing that most of them but most certainly not all.
Let's just say that if those changes will be implemented, COH2 will feel like a new game. I just hope they will include some optimization too. Hope dies last.
15 Jun 2015, 17:10 PM

bare in mind that alpha changes don't necessarily make it into live build

Indeed, I've just found another leak and it's been changed back to what it was before the change. What it was like before that change, I have no idea. Although it's rather nice to know that Relic is trying different things to solve these issues, and then taking a step further and reverting something when they think they've made a mistake (<- the important bit).

I think I've highjacked this thread enough, though, heh.
15 Jun 2015, 17:37 PM

Permanently Banned

directions I can give, Directions you must follow, guarantee I cannot, for the Force and the future, clouded are they.

google --> coh2 alpha 4 chang --> succes
15 Jun 2015, 17:57 PM

What? :snfPeter:

The kubel has extreme scaling.

It's vet 1 ability is literally a maphack, basically the same as IR HT.

The kubelwagen is worth it purely for it's vet 1 ability. That's how you use it after the early game. You use it as a scout, and to supress the ocassional squad.
15 Jun 2015, 20:15 PM

It dies to a fart and requires lots of micro. It also takes up decent pop cap. If you post replays of good late game Kubel usage I'll believe you.
16 Jun 2015, 05:53 AM

OKW's at a weird place. I think that after the last patch it's way less cheesy, but I also think there are just fundamental flaws;
  • Volks are mainline infantry that don't actually work against infantry
  • Volks' AT focus causes call-in reliance as Obersoldatan aren't worthit compared to Falls
  • Kubel is a unit that you only make one of and then never use again
  • JPIV is AT in a faction that is already heavy AT
  • IR halftrack is so seldom used I forget it's even in game
  • Luchs and Flaktrack basically fill the same niche
  • TigerII is non doctrinal while Pz4 are doctrinal
  • no non doctrine MG, etc.

I just hope they get completely reworked tbh.
16 Jun 2015, 07:03 AM

Volks are roughly equal to Conscripts in AI abilities averaged at all game stages.

Every faction has TD, so Jagdpanzer.

Kubel, I agree.

IR Halftrack is a cool idea.

No non doc MG is supposed to encourage offensive action. In terms of flavor I agree-Ostheer is the support weapon faction.

Flak track and Luchs actually have completely different roles.

16 Jun 2015, 09:30 AM
Donator 11

Maybe they should switch kübel and mg34
i love the kübel but a mg would realy help okw
16 Jun 2015, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2015, 09:30 AMChiro
Maybe they should switch kübel and mg34
i love the kübel but a mg would realy help okw

OKW dont have non doctrinal MG for good reasons.
16 Jun 2015, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2015, 10:34 AMAradan

And what that purpose may be? I think alot of people - including allied hardcore fans - will be more pleased if kubel will be swiched with Mg34 because you will basicaly replace a unit that is quite useful in startgame at least with a unit with a dubious usefulness throughout the game. Let's not pretend we don't know Mg34 is shit and Kubel is useful.
16 Jun 2015, 11:21 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2015, 10:34 AMAradan

Please explain the reason.

Anyway
what good reason is there to not include any form of blob counter for a faction
without an mg you have to spam inf or have flakht

in the lategame you must spam inf because all light vehicles are ineffective because of paks/td's
16 Jun 2015, 11:31 AM

I'd like:
- either non-doctrinal MG34 (and Kubel in Docs then)
- or: a Kubel that acts more like a MG. Maybe with real set up/tear up time like the Flak Halftrack. And it will be recrewed more often to simulate abandoned HMGs.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight