Login

russian armor

Axis Goliath

30 Apr 2015, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 19:14 PMKatitof

Also, constant whining and threads about one shot squad kill abilities and then asking for another one?
Sorry, but these two doesn't go well together and I don't think relic will ever be keen in implementing more abilities of this kind, including goliath.
I knew you would show up with your pointless defences for the allies as usual.
Anyway, then maybe we should remove the Demo charges then? That must be the only way, because this is far from fair.
30 Apr 2015, 19:23 PM

Yea man, just drive your KT from the side! If the KT can take 4 AT guns than it can take out a Rifle blob!

Yes ofc to counter a cheap and easy to create blob OKW should build the most expensive tank in the game.

Americans blob please give Axis moving, camo, remote control demo charge"

I didn't even play COH1 and I know the goliath was easier to deal with than the current demo charges are mainly because A. the Goliath had to come from a HT not literally your most basic unit, B. Easier to hit, C. more micro moving it around and paying for it rather than click boom.

If it was priced appropriately there wouldn't be an issue with it. And USF blobs are ultra cancer with 1919's and zooks.

OKW's ability to blob got a triple nerf, why isn't the same standard being applied to USF?
30 Apr 2015, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 18:51 PMArclyte
oh even better, an INVISIBLE explosive remote controlled car

Quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Sounds like something that belongs in shitcraft or call of duty.

A) The explosive remote controlled car actually existed

B) Soviet demo is invisible too

C) The game has "invisible" squads like snipers, pathfinders, Jaegers, Stormtroopers, etc. Their "invisibility" represents the fact that they're in camouflage. They're not actually invisible.

So what exactly is dumb about it? Or am I wasting my time trying to talk rationally about this with you?

30 Apr 2015, 19:31 PM

It would be fine if the goliath was cloaked like snipers, pathfinders etc meaning it is only camouflaged in cover.
30 Apr 2015, 19:35 PM

I find it funny as all hell that most posts in support go like this:

"Demo charges shit and OP and terrible for the game!

Americans blob please give Axis moving, camo, remote control demo charge"

Uh-huh, yeah, no. Nope. Not even once. With the massive focus on unit preservation a guideable demo charge is the last thing we need ever. It was bad in CoH 1 where squad spacing was better and artillery was turbocharged and nades had small suns in them. We've come so far since then, lets not have a step back.

You find it funny that there are two trains of thought on the matter? Do you perceive all people calling for axis buffs to be one person? Are you afraid of some #FORUMFUEHRER who's telling everyone what to say? People who don't like demo (some of whom play more allies than axis) have different ideas on this issue.

They are to either:
1) Give everyone demo

2) Remove demo from game entirely.

You'll find that the people calling for Axis demo are not the same people calling for demo to be removed from the game. No #forumfuehrer.

If there was a player calling for both at the same time, he'd be wrong but that isn't what happened. So instead of trying to stir things up and derail the thread, how about you answer this direct question:

1. Should manually-detonated demo be removed from the game?
2. Should every army have manually-detonated demo?
3. Should one side have it and not the other?

I prefer option 1. What do you prefer?

Katitof, you made the same conclusion too.
"Also, constant whining and threads about one shot squad kill abilities and then asking for another one?
Sorry, but these two doesn't go well together."
Feel free to try to answer the above question too.
30 Apr 2015, 19:37 PM

Just don't blob Jesus Christ, if you are getting owned by demos that means you have multiple squads under "1". How do you stop Rifle blob? HT, SturmTiger, Brumbar, Mortars, MG42s (yes, more than one), Mines. The video you have in this thread showed how n00bish the OKW players was. He retreated way to early instead of bleeding the blob out and letting his Luchs die with no infantry support.
30 Apr 2015, 19:41 PM

I honestly dont see why adding a Goliath would be an issue. There are demos for Allies they cost a TON of muni. Cool add a Goliath and tie it to a commander that doesnt have resource transfer and make it cost a TON of muni. I think more blob punishment is good not less. Hell give the Soviets back Barbed Wire fields while we are at it.

Anything that makes blobbing BAD is GOOD to me on any side of the fence.
30 Apr 2015, 19:42 PM

Yea, i think OP is too sore and b - hurt about the matter. Saying that Axis doesnt have anything to deal with blobs efficiently is just wrong.

And yes, the last thing we need is a remote controlled, invisible demo charge.
30 Apr 2015, 19:45 PM

Just don't blob Jesus Christ, if you are getting owned by demos that means you have multiple squads under "1". How do you stop Rifle blob? HT, SturmTiger, Brumbar, Mortars, MG42s (yes, more than one), Mines. The video you have in this thread showed how n00bish the OKW players was. He retreated way to early instead of bleeding the blob out and letting his Luchs die with no infantry support.

Ah yes, make the most expensive tanks in the game in order to beat a blob of basic rifleman. Seems like your admitting that you need to put way more effort into beating the blob than the player does TO blob.

And demo charges are just as fucked up when 1 shotting single squads, as OKW cannot sweep for it before your Sturms are almost already on top of it, and 90 muni to kill a 30 muni + 320 MP squad is an excellent return.

Yea, i think OP is too sore and b - hurt about the matter. Saying that Axis doesnt have anything to deal with blobs efficiently is just wrong.

The amount of effort you need to put in to beat it is way more than what it takes to blob in the first place. Is a Sturmtiger a good counter? yes, is it hard to use? Probably borderline the hardest unit in the game to use.
30 Apr 2015, 19:47 PM

You can't get a Brummbaer in T0-T2 when the rifle blob is most lethal. If you do get one, you will have one less desperately needed panther.

Go look through some shoutcasts and tell me as a % how many Sturmtigers you see. It's very powerful but it isn't a viable unit for competitive games.

Most of all, the issue of demo isn't about the blobbing. It's the fact that it deletes whole units in one shot. I want to have soldiers fighting soldiers, not minesweepers searching for demo all day.

A lot of top players have said the same thing. Demo should go. #nodemo@all!
30 Apr 2015, 19:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I didn't even play COH1 and I know the goliath was easier to deal with than the current demo charges are mainly because A. the Goliath had to come from a HT not literally your most basic unit, B. Easier to hit, C. more micro moving it around and paying for it rather than click boom.

Noooo...goliaths could also be spawned from Wehr bunkers, not just the PE Vampire ..
30 Apr 2015, 19:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Replace demo with barbwired field and bunkers. Give Penals satchel it's old nuke capabilities :D D:
30 Apr 2015, 19:52 PM

Ah yes, make the most expensive tanks in the game in order to beat a blob of basic rifleman. Seems like your admitting that you need to put way more effort into beating the blob than the player does TO blob.

Same thing can be said about KT, Obers and Panthers, we call this combined arms approach. USF blobs are not difficult to deal with unless you are a complete novice with the army you are using. Last time I checked, MG-42 and Mortars do really well against blobs, and yes you cant expect 1 MG-42 to do its job against 3+ Rifles, see I can theory craft too. :megusta:

Goliath will be fun, while we are at it lets add Anti Tank Dogs for Stalin's army.
30 Apr 2015, 19:54 PM

I knew you would show up with your pointless defences for the allies as usual.
Anyway, then maybe we should remove the Demo charges then? That must be the only way, because this is far from fair.

Feel free to point exactly where I defend anything allied in the post you've quoted.

I'll grab a bag of popcorn and impatiently await your answer.

@Bulgakov
You can ask these questions about literally every single advantage X army have over others and it will be just as valid.

I'm not going to answer you to that question, because it would require to ask it about panther level tanks being stock, stock weapon upgrades vs doctrinal or no upgrades, certain abilities on armor and infantry and so on-that question is simply impossible to answer in regards to the game and on the contrast of all factions.

You're basically asking here "should the game be asymmetrical, should we mirror everything or should we remove questionable aspects, which in turn would mean mirroring everything.

Its much wider and complicated issue then "should X have Y while Z does not or should we remove Y".
30 Apr 2015, 20:13 PM

guise! i have a great idea! how to make goliaths balanced!

ok as we all know goliaths were used in a number of battles including warsaw uprising and sheet

do you remember anything about these machines?

no? think again!

it was grey! but it also needed wires to work! the germans had to use a cable (usb probably or rather ps/2 cause its older)

so when we implement wires in coh2 its balanced!

imagine something great. what exactly? I think comrade stalins statues are great enough. so imagine comrade stalins statue and a goliath trying to drive around it. and now the pionierre see our brave men! they try to drive with goliath towards them! but what happens? goliaths wire is stuck around comrade stalins statue! the goliath must drive around it again but in opposite direction! houses and trees included! also the wire has circa 50 meters so pionierre must be situated well or else they risk too small operational range!

so now the germans need to use their brain in a mission to convert coh2 to brain challenge 3: electric boogaloo and make puzzle out of maps to drive with goliaths successfully

i hope my idea is good enough guise
30 Apr 2015, 20:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Goliath will be fun, while we are at it lets add Anti Tank Dogs for Stalin's army.

But I don't want to shoot the doggies :(
30 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM
Donator 33

COH 1 as it was gave a very unrealistic depiction of the Goliath, hundreds of these things were found abandoned in piles as the allies advanced. Many got hung up on the smallest of obstacles like branches and rocks due to poor mobility and power. Their top speed of 6mph was certainly not depicted in that game either, or the 5 mm of protection that often proved inadequate to survive heavy MG fire. So if you want em, I say sure if they get the proper representation.
30 Apr 2015, 20:26 PM

yes pls i want the goliath back pls i don't care about the rest of the post soo i just support the goliath to be available on okw faction

Best post of 2015 !! 100% support
30 Apr 2015, 20:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

COH 1 as it was gave a very unrealistic depiction of the Goliath, hundreds of these things were found abandoned in piles as the allies advanced. Many got hung up on the smallest of obstacles like branches and rocks due to poor mobility and power. Their top speed of 6mph was certainly not depicted in that game either, or the 5 mm of protection that often proved inadequate to survive heavy MG fire. So if you want em, I say sure if they get the proper representation.

I hate to disagree with you, but.. it's gameplay>authenticity?

Strictly, the Pershing should never have been entered into vCoH...but it was, with great success.
30 Apr 2015, 20:58 PM

Oh, did you miss the video? Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhemmEYZlN8. CaptainPrice do this every game and he has gotten to rank 10 as USF with it.

I love people who always bring up price in discussions about blobbing. He is the only one who can play like this. It takes skill to blob in CoH2 and I don't see why massing a lot of units shouldn't be a valid tactic as long as it is difficult to do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★