Login

russian armor

British Faction, what do you want to see?

PAGES (17)down
29 Apr 2015, 13:47 PM

please ohhh pleaseeee 1st para, i might even settle for the black watch, but... cmonnnnnnnn red devilssssss.

Some form of Para Commander will be in the game, UKF will need some kind of elite infantry and doctrinal paras will fit the bill perfectly (Airborne drop, possible Sten/Bren/Piat upgrades etc).

Maybe an SAS call in too, but my money is on them coming with a mobile Jeep as they were used quite a lot during the Ardennes.

29 Apr 2015, 14:09 PM

Well.. UKF is kinda weird... but then again so are most of the COH faction names, so whats new?

The only name which is pretty spot on is probably Soviets.
29 Apr 2015, 20:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I've realised that I want is a strong late game, weaker early game faction.

Great emphasis on gaining Vet and keeping units alive, possible formidable Vet but an MP penalty
29 Apr 2015, 20:46 PM

An allied army that has a late game & long range focus would go a loooong way to balancing 4v4's, IMO.

CAS not withstanding.
29 Apr 2015, 20:54 PM

I've realised that I want is a strong late game, weaker early game faction.

Great emphasis on gaining Vet and keeping units alive, possible formidable Vet but an MP penalty

It's funny how many people want brit's to be a literal copy paste of ostheer lol.
29 Apr 2015, 21:21 PM

i think it's time we examined balanced under less of a time oriented framework, late, early etc. and take a more of a strategic/doctrinal optic, recognizing aggressive, and defensive traits in factions.

similar thinking is really evident in the way coh1 brits operated and the "sim city" stereotype attached. in truth they were by requirement one of the most aggressive factions, realistically if a player had to build an emplacement they were really in trouble. i feel everyone simply got caught up on the fact that they were unique and different.
29 Apr 2015, 21:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I was thinking more of like OKW, but with MP penalty not Fuel and Munitions, 4 levels of Vet, focus on slow and methodical advance, well armoured (but not gimmicky) vehicles and extremely potent offmap abilities.
29 Apr 2015, 21:33 PM

Ew no, everyone hated lets take a stroll in the park while jerry shoots at us Brits.
29 Apr 2015, 21:45 PM

I would like to see a return of the "Panzer Elite" - style vet. This time for the Brits.

Infantry sections should have a high damage output with Enfields. Maybe 4 men to compensate.

I imagine they could have good heavy tanks with a focus on anti infantry. (Churchills)

A medium tank with focus on anti tank. (Firefly)

A decent but fast medium tanks. (Cromwell)

Would have good artillery options aswell but to compensate weapon crews like the Vickers MG and 6-pounder AT gun should be not very strong. Piats would suffer from inaccuracy.

This should move them far away from their former boring playstyle in Coh1. Don´t make them a camping faction for a change.

29 Apr 2015, 21:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ew no, everyone hated lets take a stroll in the park while jerry shoots at us Brits.

Yeah, those movement penalties were awful.
29 Apr 2015, 23:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Not like the brits are going to have tigers and panthers. Best tank they have will be a firefly. But they won't have anything that can really go toe to toe with a panther or tiger/king tiger.
29 Apr 2015, 23:44 PM

Yea, axis tanks should have a 10% chance per minute of being spotted to get owned by a typhoon :)
30 Apr 2015, 00:07 AM

I would not give Brits less than 5 man squads simply because Axis dps is tuned to higher sized squads. I guess you could give them 4 man squads with rec acc modifiers, but that would feel a bit silly imo. I'd rather the increased resilience to explosion based squadwipes.

They should, like Grenadiers, be a long range squad. Bren gun upgrade obviously. I really hope they have a more conventional MG/Mortar/Sniper/AT gun build, and they feel like a well rounded, full featured faction that doesn't have major obvious gimmicky stuff just for the sake of being different.

No forward retreat points please. We don't need more of that.
30 Apr 2015, 11:15 AM

Not like the brits are going to have tigers and panthers. Best tank they have will be a firefly. But they won't have anything that can really go toe to toe with a panther or tiger/king tiger.

Churchill Mk. VII would be a good contestant.

Maybe it wouldn't be able to single handed destroy Tiger, but it would certainly be on pair with durability and its 75mm wasn't a bad thing either.

Also lol at anyone thinking brits would have less then 5 man main line infantry squads. That won't happen unless these squads will hardcounter ost sniper by default.
30 Apr 2015, 13:40 PM

Ideally? Rifle section. 5 man squad, Bren upgrade, Piat as an AT snare, rifle grenade akin to Ost.

I'd quite lime to see the UK mortar to be, rather than the same old 3in/80 odd mm, come as a 2in mortar section with a battery of 2. Very high rof but smaller range & blast. Of course it'd be a be awkward to do with the way weapon teams work unless they did something new with the engine and made them one man per mortar with the extra crew standing around... but I like the concept, at least.

Vickers HMG, 6pdr like the US at gun but with a higher price and better standard round. Seems to cover all the bases.

The alternative I'd like for the 2in mortar to show up, for the record, is a weapon upgrade to rifles that can only fire standing still with a toggle to fix the squad in place like the m1919 gives
30 Apr 2015, 13:49 PM

Sadly I can only speculate; I am out of the coh2 loop.

I keep on thinking that UKF is going to be quite similar to USF ..except with some different equipment like armored personnel carriers (kangaroo) and the firefly. Gliders, which are cool, would probably make it in the game.
30 Apr 2015, 13:51 PM

If we know one thing about relic, its them NOT making things similar to anything.
30 Apr 2015, 13:57 PM

In gameplay terms, I'd like to see something more along the lines of OH, meaning decidedly uncheesy, linear tech, however, unlike OH, progressive tech should be more realistically archievable which would also serve to provide the variety.
As for units, well, standard stuff, Rifle sections, Piat teams, Vickers, 3 Inch Mortars, 6 Pdrs, Croms, Stuarts, Staghounds, Firefly/Achilles, 25 Pdr onmap, doctrinal Comet, Paras or Commandos for call-in flavour or what have you, FFI, Ghurkas, the options are endless. Just resist the temptation to go for the very excentric, OKW was bad enough....
30 Apr 2015, 14:36 PM

Damler Armored car anyone?
30 Apr 2015, 14:41 PM

All i want is commando infantry in gliders. ALL I WANT
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias