Login

russian armor

British Faction, what do you want to see?

PAGES (17)down
11 Apr 2015, 10:10 AM

No stupid lol-gun penetrating KTs almost every time from the front.

The fucking Panther had a slightly better gun yet can´t reliably penetrate IS-2s.

No double standards.

Axis have guns that penetrate IS-2 100% of the time you know.
11 Apr 2015, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 10:10 AMKatitof

Axis have guns that penetrate IS-2 100% of the time you know.
Which is a different league. The long 88mm is doctrinal and was way larger than 17pounder and 75mm/L70.

Think it would be stupid to give the 17pounder the special AT-gun treatment because lol, tank hunter sticker. And the Panther remains with an okayish gun. The last thing I want in this game is another Jackson. Lel KT should totally be un-viable once Jacksons hit the field.
11 Apr 2015, 11:16 AM
Patrion 14

What would be refreshing would be an all-rounder tank like the Cromwell that was *OK* versus infantry and armour but not *brilliant* at either. With flank speed the tactic versus German heavies would be numerical superiority and micro (i.e. rear armour hits) but they'd be a bit more resilient versus shreks than a Sherman.

Heavy Brit AT could be a 17 pounder like the German PAK43.
11 Apr 2015, 13:01 PM
Benefactor 115

what I don't want to see is a similar play style to OF, the turtle style wasn't characteristic of the Brits during ww2 nor was the gameplay compelling.
11 Apr 2015, 13:08 PM

Four man squad mainline infantry. One 81 health officer model with 1.1 armor (or however much armor makes him survive around one or two more shots standard from mainline axis small arms), increased received accuracy when at 1 hp. When in cover with officer model alive, the squad fires their Lee Enfields more accurately, and suppresses enemies passively. The effect is increased the more of the same squad is nearby. Slightly higher than normal reinforce cost.
11 Apr 2015, 13:28 PM
Patrion 14

...aaaaand back to blobbing. I don't want to see any faction officer-dependant as standard.
11 Apr 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 13:08 PMJaedrik
Four man squad mainline infantry. One 81 health officer model with 1.1 armor (or however much armor makes him survive around one or two more shots standard from mainline axis small arms), increased received accuracy when at 1 hp. When in cover with officer model alive, the squad fires their Lee Enfields more accurately, and suppresses enemies passively. The effect is increased the more of the same squad is nearby. Slightly higher than normal reinforce cost.

yes pls let us reward blobbing :thumbsup:
11 Apr 2015, 15:13 PM

what I don't want to see is a similar play style to OF, the turtle style wasn't characteristic of the Brits during ww2 nor was the gameplay compelling.
"Let's set up shop lads, jerry won't know what hit em!"
11 Apr 2015, 16:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

+1 to posts #104 and 106
11 Apr 2015, 16:42 PM

Officers don't need to result in blobs; they could have their effect within sectors and not in a circular radius.
11 Apr 2015, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 14:51 PMofield

yes pls let us reward blobbing :thumbsup:

Then let us remove that one effect from the described infantry.
What say you all now?
The buff is squad-based, therefore does not encourage blobbing.
11 Apr 2015, 17:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Officers don't need to result in blobs; they could have their effect within sectors and not in a circular radius.

The right bonuses could be the ticket too. An accuracy bonus only at close-range wouldn't lead to blobs (for the love of God, if it's only affecting the player's units) if the infantry to take advantage of it wouldn't be able to survive long enough to get close by mindlessly running in. A speed bonus might not lead to blobs too - it did in OF because British infantry moved like turtles once attacking territory so you were going to blob them around a Lieutenant to avoid that. Without such a penalty, the sole advantage of speed bonuses are for the microing-gameplay we seek.
11 Apr 2015, 17:23 PM

As long as the effects of any officer type of unit will affect infantry in whatever way, there will be blobbing.
11 Apr 2015, 17:33 PM

C'mon, gents!
We can just have squad-based officers, with squad-level buffs, can't we?
We could otherwise limit the amount of squads officer models might buff to one. Two squads isn't a blob, is it? :D
11 Apr 2015, 17:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Could also just make the officers ability-based like the Major.

Just, you know...not exactly like the Major whose a walking retreat point while the rest of his traits are largely overpriced garbage.
11 Apr 2015, 19:03 PM
Patrion 27

Could make the officers like DOW2 where they are an extra model added onto an existing infantry unit.
11 Apr 2015, 20:15 PM

UGH please no officers or anything that provides any bonuses for putting units near each other...

-

http://www.wwiiequipment.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75:17-pounder-anti-tank-gun&catid=40:anti-tank&Itemid=58

If we did indeed had historical accuracy, then the Tiger II would practically have twice the protection of th Tiger I (of course ignoring the logistical issues of that tank) - I would hope that Brits didnt have any more weapon penetration as usual - a 77mm High Velocity gun being nearly good as the panthers (if Relic actually decides to make the Comet), the 17 pounder being about as good as pak40 (debatable, but the game still has its parameters).

The main point being the British actually having a good amount of sufficient options - and rightfully priced for them. Some would say the 76mm gun of the Americans is superior to the 17 pounder (at least that of a firefly) for the superior RoF and accuracy, while only having a little less penentration, but during the war, the British had a LOT more 17 pounders than the Americans had 76mm guns. The British were making loads of 17 pounder ammuntion while America had extremely low HVAP production. The US Military also deemed the 17 pounder inferior to the 90mm (though many could argue otherwise)

Point being Brit tanks would be expensive and consist of a diverse arsenal of well-rounded options compared to the US with its only proper AT being the Jackson.

Then Relic releases 1942 Brits and 2 pounders must flank panzer IV's Kappa

12 Apr 2015, 00:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I expect Relic to add some sort of bullshit gimmick to the new faction, seeing as it is the only faction they are adding for now. They will want to make it special. I have no idea what they will try that will not be like any faction from CoH1 or 2, but I really hope they don't mess it up too bad. They had to completely change the way OKW played less than a week before the WFA release, I don't have much confidence in Relic's planning.
12 Apr 2015, 10:53 AM

Relic's biggest downfall when creating new factions is that they go out of their way to make gimmicks, which is the biggest unbalancer in the game. I hope they don't do that, just design it around balance instead of gimmicks, and you will have no problems.
12 Apr 2015, 11:03 AM

I want to see mobile Trucks, shitload of emplacements and Commandoes.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS