Login

russian armor

British Faction, what do you want to see?

PAGES (17)down
12 Apr 2015, 18:18 PM

The .50 cal isn't shit by any margin (quick pack up and set up time combined with a fuckload of quick suppression). But all those 4 men squads suffer because of lack of offensive fire power, not because they die to easily.

(All AT guns die to easy but that's a story for another day~).

Must be why USF players use their HMG every game since it have decent firepower and the issue is definitely not dying instantly to LMGs and nades :loco:
12 Apr 2015, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 18:18 PMKatitof

Must be why USF players use their HMG every game since it have decent firepower and the issue is definitely not dying instantly to LMGs and nades :loco:

Iv seen the .50 cal used in almost every game Iv played against USF since the patch. Obers got nerfed yo, make use of your now viable HMG.

The .50 call has the suppression of the 42 but a much much quicker pack up and set down time, it's honestly pretty good dude, not to mention it comes as a drop in airborne AND in the LT tier instead of the craptian tier. Has a 2 better reload time which helps a bunch.
12 Apr 2015, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2015, 17:45 PMBurts

Hmm? The 17 pdr with APDS was even marginally better than the 88mm L/71. I put my bets on the 17 pdr being a static at gun like the pak-43.
Pretty much the 17 pdr emplacement from CoH1. A static heavy allied AT gun besides the B-4.
13 Apr 2015, 09:13 AM

Doctrinal Tulip modification for Cromwell and Firefly.
13 Apr 2015, 10:30 AM

The problem is that Relic is unlikely to want to mirror the tanks that we saw from CoH1, but that'll put them in an awkward position as they won't be able to use either Shermans (cos the yanks have got those) or Cromwells (because realistically Cromwells would perform the same as T-34s, and they appeared in the previous game), so what will they put in instead?

My money is on the Crusader kappa.
13 Apr 2015, 10:33 AM

Iv seen the .50 cal used in almost every game Iv played against USF since the patch. Obers got nerfed yo, make use of your now viable HMG.

The .50 call has the suppression of the 42 but a much much quicker pack up and set down time, it's honestly pretty good dude, not to mention it comes as a drop in airborne AND in the LT tier instead of the craptian tier. Has a 2 better reload time which helps a bunch.
Here's a fun fact. A US .50 cal will die 33% faster to a gren squad then a mg42 will die to a soviet conscript.
13 Apr 2015, 13:04 PM

Here's a fun fact. A US .50 cal will die 33% faster to a gren squad then a mg42 will die to a soviet conscript.

Here is another fun fact and why it sucks so hard:

Ma Duece:

Aim time multi far:
Aim time multi near:
Ready aim time min:
Ready aim time max:
Post firing cooldown:
Post firing aim time:
Fire aim time min:
Fire aim time max:

Hitlers Buzzsaw/Maxim:

Aim time multi far:
Aim time multi near:
Ready aim time min:
Ready aim time max:
Post firing cooldown:
Post firing aim time:
Fire aim time min:
Fire aim time max:

As you can see its the Rakentenwerfer of Machine Guns. Not only is it fragile, has no AOE Suppression (exactly like the Maxim not the MG42) but it costs more comes later and has no health at all.

So Pros and Cons:

Good Suppression for a single target Arc Be Damned
Average Light Vehicle damage but not as good as the DSHK

Cons:
Comes late
No AOE Suppression
Takes FOREVER to target anything ever like EVER
Is expensive
Is Fragile

Its Terrible. Please end all discussions that says that its anything but. Because your arguments are invalid.

TLDR the M2HB is a nerfed version of the DSHK which also is lackluster.
13 Apr 2015, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 18:21 PMnigo
serious mode now:

A British Staghound mounting eight 5 inch Land Mattress artillery rockets.

Dang that is sexy
13 Apr 2015, 14:12 PM

I wonder if Brits will have forward HQs?
13 Apr 2015, 14:14 PM

While that is true, that is only with the apds rounds. The standard rounds were comparable in penetration to the pak 40. Thats why the 17 pounder should be more like a pak40 clone with its vet 1 ability being APDS rounds like that of the jacksons, but not do 240 damage. I want no emplacement centered bullshit faction design when it could easily work without it. No bofors, mortar pits, etc. Just no bullshit. The most I want to see is a 25 pounder, and I don't even wanna see that shit because artillery is fuckin gay.

I bet you that the 17 PDR is going to be like the pak-43, no matter how it actually was IRL.
13 Apr 2015, 14:17 PM

I wonder if Brits will have forward HQs?

Seeing how relic does stuff, they will have only FHQ or possibly no HQ at all and just some slithery mechanic.
13 Apr 2015, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 14:14 PMBurts

I bet you that the 17 PDR is going to be like the pak-43, no matter how it actually was IRL.
They can say it uses APDS rounds and just call it a day.
13 Apr 2015, 16:03 PM

Here is another fun fact and why it sucks so hard:

Ma Duece:

Aim time multi far:
Aim time multi near:
Ready aim time min:
Ready aim time max:
Post firing cooldown:
Post firing aim time:
Fire aim time min:
Fire aim time max:

Hitlers Buzzsaw/Maxim:

Aim time multi far:
Aim time multi near:
Ready aim time min:
Ready aim time max:
Post firing cooldown:
Post firing aim time:
Fire aim time min:
Fire aim time max:

As you can see its the Rakentenwerfer of Machine Guns. Not only is it fragile, has no AOE Suppression (exactly like the Maxim not the MG42) but it costs more comes later and has no health at all.

So Pros and Cons:

Good Suppression for a single target Arc Be Damned
Average Light Vehicle damage but not as good as the DSHK

Cons:
Comes late
No AOE Suppression
Takes FOREVER to target anything ever like EVER
Is expensive
Is Fragile

Its Terrible. Please end all discussions that says that its anything but. Because your arguments are invalid.

TLDR the M2HB is a nerfed version of the DSHK which also is lackluster.

How can you be so wrong about so many things at once!?

Every machine gun in the game does AoE suppression, just not a lot of it in the case of the Kubel and Maxim. And it doesn't cost more either!

.50 cal

Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

MG42

Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Reload on the .50 call is also better to:

.50 cal

Reload
Duration multi far:
Duration multi near:
Duration min:
Duration max:
Frequency min:
Frequency max:

versus MG42

Reload
Duration multi far:
Duration multi near:
Duration min:
Duration max:
Frequency min:
Frequency max:
13 Apr 2015, 16:09 PM

Jesus, its beyond me how you guys can discuss with numbers etc all the time... its tiresome to read.
13 Apr 2015, 16:09 PM

How can you be so wrong about so many things at once!?

Every machine gun in the game does AoE suppression, just not a lot of it in the case of the Kubel and Maxim. And it doesn't cost more either!

.50 cal

Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

MG42

Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Reload on the .50 call is also better to:

.50 cal

Reload
Duration multi far:
Duration multi near:
Duration min:
Duration max:
Frequency min:
Frequency max:

versus MG42

Reload
Duration multi far:
Duration multi near:
Duration min:
Duration max:
Frequency min:
Frequency max:

They all do! Including the Maxim. Which is EXACTLY the same as the 50s. In practive a Maxim will only suppress one squad at a time without manually retargeting. The MG42 is better in this regard and will regularly suppress more than one.

I should have said NO ADDTIONAL AOE suppression than the Maxim. I.e. its an expensive Maxim that acquires targets SLOWER and can only handle one squad at a time. Instead of having the fastest Packup like the Maxim it uses the wide Arc to target another squad. Sadly since its targetting is SLOWER then anything but the DSHK (which also sucks) It isnt as good as the Maxim at handling more than a single infantry squad.

Add to this its high cost, tech requirement and low health means its the worst in game. Based on stats its a crappier DSHK not an analogue to useful infantry control MGs like the Maxim or MG42.
13 Apr 2015, 16:13 PM

They all do! Including the Maxim. Which is EXACTLY the same as the 50s. In practive a Maxim will only suppress one squad at a time without manually retargeting. The MG42 is better in this regard and will regularly suppress more than one.

I should have said NO ADDTIONAL AOE suppression than the Maxim. I.e. its an expensive Maxim that acquires targets SLOWER and can only handle one squad at a time. Instead of having the fastest Packup like the Maxim it uses the wide Arc to target another squad. Sadly since its targetting is SLOWER then anything but the DSHK (which also sucks) It isnt as good as the Maxim at handling more than a single infantry squad.

Add to this its high cost, tech requirement and low health means its the worst in game. Based on stats its a crappier DSHK not an analogue to useful infantry control MGs like the Maxim or MG42.

This poster doesn't know what a nearby multiplier is

maxim:

Suppression
Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Suppression
Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Suppression
Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Can we spot the difference?
13 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM

Brit faction thread ruined.

Also, dont argue about things that dont exist (4 man Allied squads, as if)
13 Apr 2015, 16:22 PM

This poster doesn't know what a nearby multiplier is

maxim:

Suppression
Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Suppression
Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Suppression
Suppression far:
Suppression radius:
Nerby multiplier:

Can we spot the difference?

Suppression is multiplied by the ROF which the Maxim is faster. They have right around the same suppression with the 50 being slightly better. But in practice they both will suppress on the first burst. Reload, ROF, Targetting all comes into play with more than one squad.

That is the Area the 50 sucks at. It has a mediocre ROF reload and terrible targetting. If you use a Maxim it will work better at the Job of being an MG for less and arrives earlier. Also the MG42 of course.

Nearby multiplier is how much of a bonus it gets to suppress units that are close. But bascially you need to figure out the ROF to put your suppression values against. The Suppression value does not stand on its own.
13 Apr 2015, 16:26 PM

Suppression is multiplied by the ROF which the Maxim is faster. They have right around the same suppression with the 50 being slightly better. But in practice they both will suppress on the first burst. Reload, ROF, Targetting all comes into play with more than one squad.

That is the Area the 50 sucks at. It has a mediocre ROF reload and terrible targetting. If you use a Maxim it will work better at the Job of being an MG for less and arrives earlier. Also the MG42 of course.

Nearby multiplier is how much of a bonus it gets to suppress units that are close. But bascially you need to figure out the ROF to put your suppression values against. The Suppression value does not stand on its own.

When talking about AoE suppression than the nearby multiplier is everything and for the maxim it's half of the other machine guns in the game. And the .40 cal has a better reload than the MG42 as well, and the targeting thing is mostly due to the fact the .50 cal has a smaller arc than the 42.

The cool down on the .50 cal is excellent to. Really dude I just think you haven't used it lately. The thing is fragile granted but it does it's job.
13 Apr 2015, 16:29 PM

Jesus, its beyond me how you guys can discuss with numbers etc all the time... its tiresome to read.

Just grab popcorn and enjoy the show.
I like the most the part where he pastes all of the stats because he have no slightest clue which ones are important or why smaller value can mean much bigger outcome.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS