Login

russian armor

Relic's Roadmap

PAGES (7)down
3 Apr 2015, 00:32 AM

This to a certain extent doesn't really surprise me. Think about it sure we can have a brits faction to complete the Allied Major armies, but for axis? We all know as far as COH 2 is concerned only Germany as a nation is viable and Relic must not want a third German faction.

Then I hope Axis will at least receive a few new units, either through teching or via new commanders.
3 Apr 2015, 00:40 AM

Juggernauth, all of the files that referenced Brits etc also referenced new OKW stuff. This is why a lot of us thought the Brits were just a couple of commanders for USF.
3 Apr 2015, 00:41 AM

Juggernauth, all of the files that referenced Brits etc also referenced new OKW stuff. This is why a lot of us thought the Brits were just a couple of commanders for USF.

Nice, then let's just hope they'll release new stuff before we all die of old age. :)
3 Apr 2015, 00:59 AM
Patrion 14

missed the stream.

so the new factions definitely mean new factions? not WFA factions?

and was there no talk about redesigning existing armies to any extent?

anyway, nice to hear from them.
3 Apr 2015, 01:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 00:06 AMCieZ
That stream was super meme-worthy.

or my favorite: "The balance team is constantly in competition with what I like in the game" - Quinn 2015

That really says all you need to know about what Quinn thinks about competitive multiplayer.

He likes units that make big bangs and big explosions and wipe squads. Which usually wrecks balance. But at least it looks fun. Unless you're the sod playing [insert favorite faction] getting constantly wiped by unit X,Y or Z...

3 Apr 2015, 01:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 00:12 AMspajn
I hate seeing the guy who makes the most important decisions of coh2 barely can beat a easy AI... no wonder coh2's horrible shape at launch. Im sure he can create awesome singelplayer games but who the fuck cares about singelplayer in this day and age?

You realise he was focused on the questions and not the game, right? Because the last time Peter focused on the game and not the questions, everyone went apeshit about the answers. But sure, lets keep up the blind hate, we'll dig ourselves so deep into our pit of despair that nothing short of the death of Company of Heroes and subsequent rebranding and relaunch several years later will fix. Because we've reached a point where all news is bad news, and everyone hates everything.
3 Apr 2015, 01:11 AM

-New faction, obviously they are brits -> free money
-coh2.org has ladders, don't see a point to put them into CoH2 (doubt its hard anywayz)
-there's in game store when you click shift+tab

:snfBarton:
Pretty much sums it up. If they were so excited why couldn't they just confirm it was the British? Or better yet give the WFA some new commanders for the time being.
3 Apr 2015, 01:17 AM

Permanently Banned
missed the stream.

Faction

one faction

Or mabey relic is clever with thier word choice :snfPeter:
3 Apr 2015, 01:23 AM
Donator 11

You realise he was focused on the questions and not the game, right? Because the last time Peter focused on the game and not the questions, everyone went apeshit about the answers. But sure, lets keep up the blind hate, we'll dig ourselves so deep into our pit of despair that nothing short of the death of Company of Heroes and subsequent rebranding and relaunch several years later will fix. Because we've reached a point where all news is bad news, and everyone hates everything.

+1
3 Apr 2015, 01:47 AM

I'm fine with news. News is good news.

There was no news.

Everything was just them going 'Oh yeah, those things we found out from the game files weeks ago? Yeah, they exist, which is why they are in the game files.'

It wasn't an announcement is my problem. Just them waving their hands going 'We're doing stuff #Get Hype' with the usual crippling NDA restrictions harming any possibility of community feedback in a meaningful manner.
3 Apr 2015, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 22:59 PMNebaka

Oh gawd Brits

Afrika Korps instead pls.

Also this roadmap...
3 Apr 2015, 02:11 AM
Patrion 28

Wait ESL? :lolol:

no, UGC. i thought that was just tf2 though.
3 Apr 2015, 02:20 AM
Coder Red Badge

And Dota 2, and CSGO.
3 Apr 2015, 02:28 AM
Patrion 28

wasn't aware of those two. i assume it started with TF2. (i played in a tf2 UGC league for a season). i'm not sure how well it'll work with CoH2 though... you can't play best of three once a wekk when games take 45 min and you have to get more than 2 people together. even with just 2 that's a shitton of time out of someone's weekday night.
3 Apr 2015, 02:35 AM

missed the stream.

and was there no talk about redesigning existing armies to any extent?

anyway, nice to hear from them.

This definitely reminded me that sometime back I was thinking the same thing. Rather than get a new faction at least for the time being it Would be nice to see all the factions get updated to 1945 level equipment. THEN add the brits, oh and some prototype units would be fun!
3 Apr 2015, 02:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 01:23 AMFuzz

+1

+ Infinity
3 Apr 2015, 02:53 AM

was hoping a soviet redesign, but meh, US redesign perhaps? M26 for US? DP T-34/85 SU-100 for soviet union?

Hetzer? Jadgpanther?(as another german faction, mainly late game TDs)
3 Apr 2015, 02:59 AM

+ Infinity

In what universe do you watch a stream were they announce nothing, continue to shove the NDA down our throats, and then give extremely cancerous answers like "Plane crashes are fine" and not expect people to be pissed?

This stream/road map is meaningless, because we already knew everything that was happening months ago thanks to leaks and file digging. Funny that non-standard communication through shady means is basically the only way we as a community have any idea what's happening with this game.

EDIT: It should also be said the latest patch wasn't worth several months of waiting, the changes were all pretty obvious and could be finished in less than an hour because it's just tinkering with game files. The testing obviously would take a bit of time, except we can't actually tell if they DO test anything because of the insane amount of retarded stuff that get into release like:

-Poorly designed maps with rampant exploits and bugs
-Insane things like con PTRS's 1 shotting crew weapons inside buildings and 240 HVAC shells
-More bugs in general

3 Apr 2015, 03:16 AM

-coh2.org has ladders, don't see a point to put them into CoH2 (doubt its hard anywayz)

:snfBarton:

Ingame leaderboards is a good thing. Most of the players don't even know ladders exist. If there is some sort of visual indication of player's level, this could contribute to reducing the ragequits in team games.

I don't know if I make my point clear tho, english is not my native language sorry :(
3 Apr 2015, 03:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

In what universe do you watch a stream were they announce nothing, continue to shove the NDA down our throats, and then give extremely cancerous answers like "Plane crashes are fine" and not expect people to be pissed?

We know why it takes 6 months to get a patch now*

We know there is only one new faction coming, which means people can STFU about Italy, Dak and Japan

We know what they are working on

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight