Login

russian armor

Relic's Roadmap

PAGES (7)down
8 Apr 2015, 14:18 PM
Senior Editor Badge

BRITS in june 2015.

GERMAN AFRIKA KORPS in late 2015 (with a proper german single player campaign).

ps: http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2015/04/02/the-coh2-roadmap/#more-2587
8 Apr 2015, 14:20 PM

I Actually doubt that anymore factions will be added after the brits, only new units for the custom commander stuff later on :P
8 Apr 2015, 15:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 14:18 PMnigo
BRITS in june 2015.

GERMAN AFRIKA KORPS in late 2015 (with a proper german single player campaign).

ps: http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2015/04/02/the-coh2-roadmap/#more-2587

At this point youre like a CoH2-News-Reporter so it'd be quite nice if you mentioned if a post you make is pure speculation :D Otherwise people might think this is actual news and not baseless speculation
8 Apr 2015, 15:27 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 15:04 PMI<444>3CoH

At this point youre like a CoH2-News-Reporter so it'd be quite nice if you mentioned if a post you make is pure speculation :D Otherwise people might think this is actual news and not baseless speculation

Maybe it's a speculation, maybe not... ;)
8 Apr 2015, 16:46 PM

I was stoked for the announcement, but it really was just meh. Poorly pulled off and poorly explained. Would have been better off doing a forum post then pretending that saying "we are working, we are excited, so you should be too" is some form of a major announcement.

"A Lean, Mean, Fighting Machine

Company of Heroes 2 is a great game, but we know there are still improvements to be made. Our team is rolling up our sleeves to focus on optimization and overall support."

Okay, great. What is the game plan? Can you even define the goals of "optimization" or "overall support."

How many times did Cynthia say "get excited?" That seems forced if you give me nothing other than a broad outline which is half-way made up of things I expect as a bare minimum from most game developers. Optimization, bug fixes, balance are all things that should be constantly worked on. Then you "announce" a new faction, one you know the community already knows about through searching the files, and you can't even do a tease? Include a little mini-clip of a Churchill speech, or anything. Otherwise just keep it under warps.

I don't think I am entitled to all this information, or that we need (or expect) the level of communication we see with titles like Star Citizen. But at the same time, I would rather they not pretend to be providing some excellent community outreach.
8 Apr 2015, 18:12 PM

Super stoked about the (almost certain) return of the British. I find it disappointing that Axis doesn't get another faction as well, though. I don't like the over-reliance on commanders to add new content, because generally you're only ever going to use a few of them, and most of the new content just goes completley unused. I'd much rather stuff gets added to the core armies. Every faction could use an extra unit or two in their roster if you ask me.

I'm still super sad about no Japanese. Grr. I know they could have found a way to make them work. Maybe I can have them once the mod tools are sufficient for that. Oh well.

I am overwhelmingly positive about the roadmap, though, despite my butthurt about Japan. God knows optimization improvements are needed. I have a GTX 780 and I still play the game on low just for a consistent framerate. There is no reason for that.
8 Apr 2015, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 15:27 PMnigo

Maybe it's a speculation, maybe not... ;)

As long as you cannot provide a source its nothing but speculation.

Really just trying to give an advice here, your information has been incredible so far so no need to soil that perfect record with something that might not turn out to be true.
8 Apr 2015, 18:45 PM

Want a new axis faction with the Brits. I don't even care if they simply bring Panzer Elite. 2 against 3 = no fair.
9 Apr 2015, 06:06 AM

Want a new axis faction with the Brits. I don't even care if they simply bring Panzer Elite. 2 against 3 = no fair.

Well, let's see. Let's hope that the Brits won't get a cool new gimmick army that introduces a new style of gameplay because in this case it would be hard for 2 axis factions to cover 3 allies.
We did it in the real war and you know the end of the story :snfPeter:
9 Apr 2015, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 18:12 PMKothre
Super stoked about the (almost certain) return of the British. I find it disappointing that Axis doesn't get another faction as well, though. I don't like the over-reliance on commanders to add new content, because generally you're only ever going to use a few of them, and most of the new content just goes completley unused. I'd much rather stuff gets added to the core armies. Every faction could use an extra unit or two in their roster if you ask me.

I'm still super sad about no Japanese. Grr. I know they could have found a way to make them work. Maybe I can have them once the mod tools are sufficient for that. Oh well.

I am overwhelmingly positive about the roadmap, though, despite my butthurt about Japan. God knows optimization improvements are needed. I have a GTX 780 and I still play the game on low just for a consistent framerate. There is no reason for that.
I wouldn't give up on Japan just yet. I'm pretty sure relic will be adding another axis faction in another year or so to balance things out. And without the need to tie that faction to a theater and allied faction Japan could very well be that faction.

Looking at the OKW commanders it's pretty obvious relic really didn't have time to fill out their unit roster and relied a lot on reused units for wharmacht. I think they decided they couldn't handle making two at the same time and decided to focus on just one at a time.
9 Apr 2015, 06:32 AM

I don't think that the Japanese army will ever come.
(I also think to remember that even Cynthia stated this but it could also just have been a dream lol.)
In the current case where a British faction is almost sure (just look at the helmets) the DAK would fit much much better. You know, Rommel vs Montgomery, desert fights, sandstorms...
9 Apr 2015, 06:57 AM

I don't think that the Japanese army will ever come.
(I also think to remember that even Cynthia stated this but it could also just have been a dream lol.)
In the current case where a British faction is almost sure (just look at the helmets) the DAK would fit much much better. You know, Rommel vs Montgomery, desert fights, sandstorms...
Cynthia just said that there are no current plans for it. Considering this faction isn't even announced yet. Relic likely doesn't have any plans on what faction will be next.

And no, I don't think a third german faction will be cool at all. Just like I didn't think the second one was cool or necessary in the slightest.
9 Apr 2015, 10:44 AM

Last time I've checked it will always be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. Equal numbers on both sides.
9 Apr 2015, 13:00 PM

Last time I've checked it will always be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. Equal numbers on both sides.

Thanks for clearing that out.
11 Feb 2016, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 00:06 AMCieZ
"The balance team is constantly in competition with what I like in the game" - Quinn 2015

Sorry for bumping a very old thread. But it all makes so much sense to me now - the february patch for example. :snfQuinn:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS