Login

russian armor

OH Sniper

2 Apr 2015, 07:23 AM

Does Rifle flare from the USF commander uncloak a sniper? Since I have face little sniper in the past, it good to know now!

2 Apr 2015, 07:38 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Yeah I agree with the general sentiment that it may have been overbuffed in terms of health but still I'm glad that it received some love after all this time it has been extinct. Surviving a Katyusha rocket to the face is clearly wrong though.
2 Apr 2015, 07:46 AM

I think it is op in its current state.
If i remember correctly it has now as much health as the soviet counterpart but only being 1 guy.
Would be "balanced" right ?Problem is soviets permanantly have to invest 90 mp to get the same survivability.
Not taking into account, for instance faster cloak time,reload,aim,incendiary.
Opinions pls :D

But a single mine still can kill the sniper and easier to counter sniper.
2 Apr 2015, 09:12 AM

I really like the new Ostheer sniper. I've been on a roll with him for the entire game until I slipped my micro and somehow sent him to a capture point where he was executed for being an enemy of the state instantly by a Conscript squad. :(
2 Apr 2015, 09:50 AM
Donator 33

I don't understand how people think that a Katyusha rocket should have killed that sniper in the trending video.

Realism < Balance. It might look stupid that an infantry model can survive this but I really don't think that someone deserves to lose/kill a sniper because of such randomness.

It shouldn't be possible to kill snipers (Soviet and German) with lucky RNG based mortar/katyusha hits. Period.

The German sniper is now perfect IMO. No annoying lucky wipes by indirect fire anymore (unless it's a 120-mm mortar, static arty or off-map arty). Still vulnerable to direct fire (small arms, vehicles, mines).
2 Apr 2015, 10:13 AM

I don't understand how people think that a Katyusha rocket should have killed that sniper in the trending video.

Realism < Balance. It might look stupid that an infantry model can survive this but I really don't think that someone deserves to lose/kill a sniper because of such randomness.

It shouldn't be possible to kill snipers (Soviet and German) with lucky RNG based mortar/katyusha hits. Period.

The German sniper is now perfect IMO. No annoying lucky wipes by indirect fire anymore (unless it's a 120-mm mortar, static arty or off-map arty). Still vulnerable to direct fire (small arms, vehicles, mines).

Cool, can we have infantry being immune to B-4 as well and while we're at it, lets make it so mines don't kill anymore, ok? You know, randomness, unfairness, logic makes no sense and stuff.
2 Apr 2015, 10:20 AM
Donator 33

Cool, can we have infantry being immune to B-4 as well and while we're at it, lets make it so mines don't kill anymore, ok? You know, randomness, unfairness, logic makes no sense and stuff.

Except that B4s are doctrinal, shoot only once and appear quite late?

How is it unfair that mines kill snipers? You can avoid them quite easily by using sweepers and avoiding obvious mine spots.

Avoiding mortar/katyusha hits is almost impossible. Like I said. RNG...if the game decides to hit your sniper it's over (well, not anymore).
2 Apr 2015, 10:26 AM

I'm simply pointing a hole in your logic.
82 hp breaks the general infantry hp rule and makes it imbalanced.

You say sov snipers are not vulnerable to the same situation.
You couldn't be any more wrong here, they are in fact twice as vulnerable to mortar/pwerfer hits as the german sniper because they have half of the hp and stay on top of each other because of squad bunching, even if they are not on top of each other, the AoE area that is lethal to them is much greater then to ost sniper, which means AoE weapons are now much more deadly against them while axis sniper, as long as on full hp is pretty much immune to first hit.

THAT is imbalanced. That is all the difference between 82hp and 80.
That is why we have no longer 2% hp bulletins, because they were broken OP, just like the 2 extra hp on ost sniper already proves to be, making it THE most durable infantry unit in game against all 80dmg weapons, including rockets and mortar shells.

That is what it is about. The 82 instead of 80 is simply plain retarded from gameplay point of view, not realism.
2 Apr 2015, 10:32 AM

You couldn't be any more wrong here, they are in fact twice as vulnerable to mortar/pwerfer hits as the german sniper because they have half of the hp and stay on top of each other because of squad bunching, even if they are not on top of each other, the AoE area that is lethal to them is much greater then to ost sniper, which means AoE weapons are now much more deadly against them while axis sniper, as long as on full hp is pretty much immune to first hit.

That is why we have no longer 2% hp bulletins, because they were broken OP, just like the 2 extra hp on ost sniper already proves to be, making it THE most durable infantry unit in game against all 80dmg weapons, including rockets and mortar shells.

That is what it is about. The 82 instead of 80 is simply plain retarded from gameplay point of view, not realism.

The general infantry rule has been made for infantry squads. The Sniper is the only unit that has not a squad, so it makes sense that rules can be altered as well.
2 Apr 2015, 10:40 AM

And up until now they had less hp then normal infantry.
Another reason why it makes even less sense for one to have more.
I find it pretty hilarious that you even try to defend sniper eating a rocket to the face.
2 Apr 2015, 10:52 AM

And up until now they had less hp then normal infantry.
Another reason why it makes even less sense for one to have more.
I find it pretty hilarious that you even try to defend sniper eating a rocket to the face.

Up until now PTRS was completely useless against infantry. Another reason why it makes even less sense for them to do more damage than normal rifles.

Pointless argument.

I don't like that Snipers eat rockets from a realism or immersion point of view. Then again realism is lacking in many areas in this game. I just don't want the Sniper to die to all kinds of random things, and apparently neither Relic wants, they specifically said that in the change log and made several changes that try to reduce the amount of oneshots on squads. Since the Sniper is a one man squad you can only reduce that by buffing them over 80 HP. If you have a better solution then surely everyone will listen.

That example with the Katyusha is not that great anyway, because I bet in the majority of the cases the Sniper will still die because it will get hit by another rocket.
2 Apr 2015, 10:55 AM
Donator 33

It's hilarious indeed. I don't deny that but it's "fair" to some extent.

That's what I was trying to say. Killing a pre-patch sniper with mortar/katyusha hits had nothing to do with skill or your opponent making a mistake. It was simply RNG.

Killing a soviet sniper with mortars is now slightly easier because the squad might bunch up but I've rarely seen soviet snipers being instagibbed by mortars. They also survive mines (depending on squad bunching) or ATG snipes - the German one doesn't.

I think 82HP is not broken or anything like that. It's unusual because infantry models normally don't have more than 80HP but that's it.
2 Apr 2015, 10:58 AM

Thanks so far for all the answers.
When i go for a katjusha to stop a gren - sniper "blob" i expect it to at least kill the sniper when i am already lucky enough to hit it directly because my opponent was too lazy to move it somewhere safe.
Its OP in terms of health you cant even argue about that .Have you ever tried playing cat and mice with enemy infantry squads as OH ? Really funny since the recent patch.
2 Apr 2015, 10:59 AM

Randomness starts where micro lacks.
2 Apr 2015, 11:20 AM

Randomness starts where micro lacks.

QFT
2 Apr 2015, 11:23 AM
Donator 33

Thanks so far for all the answers.
When i go for a katjusha to stop a gren - sniper "blob" i expect it to at least kill the sniper when i am already lucky enough to hit it directly because my opponent was too lazy to move it somewhere safe.

That has mothing to do with laziness. You don't see the Katyusha behind the lines and I think nobody can move his sniper out of the AoE right after he hears the firing sound.

At least the first salvo is hard to avoid (the sniper in that trending video also got hit by the first salvo).

Killing such a unit because of "luck" is BS. If somebody blobs and you fire a Katyusha into it just finish the squads off with your infantry or vehicles. A sniper with 2Hp should be dead within seconds if you go for it.
2 Apr 2015, 11:24 AM

Your bias is a hole in everyone's logic and common sense.
2 Apr 2015, 11:40 AM

Killing a soviet sniper with mortars is now slightly easier because the squad might bunch up but I've rarely seen soviet snipers being instagibbed by mortars. They also survive mines (depending on squad bunching) or ATG snipes - the German one doesn't.

Soviet snipers get wrecked all the time by mortars and things like rifle grenades because the soviet snipers die easily from the AoE. You don't even need a direct hit to get a kill. Now the german sniper on the other hand.. You can actually walk him right on top of a grenade and he will survive.

The 2 man Soviet squad only helps in a very select number of circumstances, which is countersniping and AT weapons that do not have little to no AoE damage like an AT gun, SU85 or an Elephant.

I like the fact that the Ost sniper has gotten love, but making it impossible to gib with mortars and grenades just makes him way out-perform the (nerfed) soviet team.
2 Apr 2015, 11:46 AM

Your bias is a hole in everyone's logic and common sense.

You've spelled "my" wrong.
2 Apr 2015, 11:55 AM

It has something to do with lazyness.I am mainly talking about 1vs1 ,you can hear the kats and when you watched the vid carefully you should have noticed that the kat fired maybe the second time that leads to the conclusion that you should pay more attention because it is a high priority target.
This game is based on RNG here and there so why shouldnt that count ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★