Login

russian armor

OH Sniper

1 Apr 2015, 20:26 PM

Just happened to me :D

That's why Germans are Ubermench.
1 Apr 2015, 20:29 PM

But guys tell me what does the soviet sniper have that compensates for its slow rof/reinforcement costs/slow aim/cloak ? Flares ? must be kidding me
So in the end german sniper is the soviet one just with better stats/abilities(incendiary is really strong) and no costs in the long run.
1 Apr 2015, 20:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

But guys tell me what does the soviet sniper have that compensates for its slow rof/reinforcement costs/slow aim/cloak ? Flares ? must be kidding me
So in the end german sniper is the soviet one just with better stats/abilities(incendiary is really strong) and no costs in the long run.

No cost? Getting him anywhere before mid/late transition where you have a strong hold causes significant lose of map control for a faction that spends tons of MP trying to tech and probably bleeds more MP before that transition(unless your MG micro is excellent/has foresight) almost as much as USF does in the late game.

I'm pretty sure I faced you with double snipers(second one called in near the end) on Langreskya and I had practically no map control throughout that game and harrassing squads caused the most issues. If it were not for the fact you went double Priest rather than more Shermans to run my entire army down given smoke was spammed everywhere to negate my range advantage I would have died horribly rather than giving me the chance to stall for the Tiger. Since I spent so much MP reinforcing grens, trying to recrew my MGs aand buying paks along with replacement grens.
1 Apr 2015, 20:47 PM

The German sniper was almost always obsolete since vcoh2 alpha. He always was a niche soldier that 80% of the time wasted MP. Now he is finally useful and ask allied players start to complain while the axis had a hard time facing double short teams for about 2 years now. Just wait some weeks until you can really day if it's op or not. I doubt that you played so much games that you lost because of an most sniper in the last 24 hours to clearly say that 40hp more are op.
1 Apr 2015, 20:50 PM
Donator 33

German snipers now have similar HP, Soviet snipers are less likely to get wiped though.

Hit a mine with a German sniper and its gone. Lucky AT gun hits, tank hits etc will wipe a German sniper whereas the Soviet sniper will survive due to the second model.

Soviet snipers have lower RoF but that only compensates for Axis having smaller squads.
1 Apr 2015, 20:52 PM

NO cost in the long run you heard right.
Dont want to offend you but your sniper stood in open cover while my guys were shooting and it didnt die ,neither the sherman could finish it off altohugh i was attacking him on retreat.
Ergo too much health

You had no map control because i outplayed you although i lack micro today.Just too many mistakes on your side and obviously on mine too. :D
A tip better go P4.
1 Apr 2015, 21:08 PM

What about axis having 4 men squads?
1 Apr 2015, 21:09 PM

Dont want to offend you but your sniper stood in open cover while my guys were shooting and it didnt die ,neither the sherman could finish it off altohugh i was attacking him on retreat.
Ergo too much health

You had no map control because i outplayed you although i lack micro today.Just too many mistakes on your side and obviously on mine too. :D
A tip better go P4.

That is the most anecdotal evidence ever, especially considering how much of coh2 is RNGesus.
1 Apr 2015, 21:10 PM

Not OP vs soviets, since it shoots 50% faster, but soviet squads are also 50% bigger than ostheer, and they have good tools to deal with it (countersnipe, M3, or just conspam really)

Possibly OP vs USF. Will take a long time to figure out if its OP or not though.
1 Apr 2015, 21:11 PM

USF's early access to light vehicles balances it in my opinion.
1 Apr 2015, 21:16 PM

Well wehr is already hampered by their high teching costs and soviet snipers do have the advantage of targeting 4 man squads
1 Apr 2015, 21:21 PM

German snipers now have similar HP, Soviet snipers are less likely to get wiped though.

Hit a mine with a German sniper and its gone. Lucky AT gun hits, tank hits etc will wipe a German sniper whereas the Soviet sniper will survive due to the second model.

Mines and tank hits often kill both Soviet snipers due to AoE and low health per model. It's easier to wipe soviet snipers now with things like mortars, rockets and grenades as you can kill both models if the shell/grenade lands near them. You will however never lose a german sniper to a single grenade, rocket or mortar hit even if it lands directly on his head, as it will always survive with at least 2hp.

Too be honest I don't really like this solution. Not because I did not want the german sniper to be buffed (which it really needed), but because the german sniper now survives things it really shouldn't. Like if you flank him and throw a grenade over a wall to kill him. I would have preferred him to have just 80 hp where you can still kill him with explosives but he would not go down by a few stray max range rifle shots.

1 Apr 2015, 21:21 PM

Also, don't forget that a higher rate of fire is in most situations not that usefull. To be specific, any time the enemy moves to your Sniper, or away from him.
1 Apr 2015, 21:22 PM

Ergo too much health

Guess what, the same shit happened all the time in the past against the Soviet snipers, you shoot at it in the open and it still gets away.
1 Apr 2015, 21:31 PM
Patrion 28

i think he should stay for this patch (duh) and assuming we get a timely next patch, pop him down to 80hp and see what happens.
1 Apr 2015, 21:44 PM

I really like the new sniper dont get me wrong guys its just a bit too much.
As stated before soviet snipers were hard to kill due to 2 man but at least you suffered some mp.

OH sniper can cloak in a sec which reduces the chance to get hit by lucky shots or whatever.
Combine that with high health and you have a very good unit which IMO slightly overperforms,especially against USF.
1 Apr 2015, 22:01 PM

Counter it with bazooka spam Kappa
1 Apr 2015, 22:01 PM

Just happened to me :D

Apparently relic have already forgotten the implications of 2% infantry health bulletins back then and went with extremely weird number of 82hp instead of 80.

Eating a rocket to the face, shrug it off, continue.

Why break the universal formula of 80 hp max for infantry is beyond my comprehension.
Ost sniper is MORE survivable then sov snipers atm in all situations but sniper wars.
1 Apr 2015, 22:12 PM
Patrion 28

not true; ATG and AT tank sniping is worse for the OKH sniper. in the above example the OKH sniper probably does have the advantage.
1 Apr 2015, 22:23 PM

Apparently relic have already forgotten the implications of 2% infantry health bulletins back then and went with extremely weird number of 82hp instead of 80.

Eating a rocket to the face, shrug it off, continue.

Why break the universal formula of 80 hp max for infantry is beyond my comprehension.
Ost sniper is MORE survivable then sov snipers atm in all situations but sniper wars.

The change to 82 health was intentional in order to allow the Ostheer sniper to survive 1 shot from the Soviet sniper. The added reload makes it so if it gets the first shot on the soviet sniper it wins, if the soviet sniper shoots fire then it will win.

It's not really much of an issue compared to say, the rest of the 1 shot squad wipe stuff that happens with Ostheer quite regularly. Gotta remember Ostheer investing a lot of MP into than 1 single man. It's loss is huge.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
Germany 853
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak