1. "War Effort is only a meta-map , not gameplay related."
2. Custom Commanders
3. Possibly "Road to Rome"
4. British faction/ commander
5. More Decals
6. Balance patch at some point is what we should expect
7. ? anything I'm missing

*in-game currency
*German early war skins (the james hale pack)
*clan support
23 Feb 2015, 17:00 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 16:13 PMNapalm
The community has identified some puzzle pieces. Just got to put the image together now.

Its soo mush easier if relic just told us what was coming

Compare Relic's silence to another company

Gaijin

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/
23 Feb 2015, 17:03 PM
Donator 11

Its soo mush easier if relic just told us what was coming

Compare Relic's silence to another company

Gaijin

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/

NDA's differ per company. Warthunder doesnt have to deal with a "publisher". Gaijin push their own game.

The question now is, when would it make sense for Relic to push this content/release a trailer for its upcoming update. Remember its been around 6 months since a sizable update has happened for coh2.
23 Feb 2015, 17:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 17:03 PMMittens

NDA's differ per company. Warthunder doesnt have to deal with a "publisher". Gaijin push their own game.

You are correct. I've always forget about that :guyokay:
23 Feb 2015, 17:20 PM
Donator 11

I wonder if we are missing any of the puzzle pieces
23 Feb 2015, 17:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Those who talk don't know, and those who know don't talk
23 Feb 2015, 17:43 PM

All quiet on the western and eastern fronts...Is RELIC preparing something big ???

yes , another 40$ singleplayer campaign OpieOP
23 Feb 2015, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 16:06 PMMittens

But would they really add Italy/Brits. I know we saw Italy in the picture from august

now I'll throw this game (last played two months ago)
Two factions of the Western Front bored very quickly:
- US troops exact copy vCoH British
- OKW is too easy to use

Only a new Soviet fraction, will return my interest, I offer two options:
- Guards Army in Europe
- Trans-Baikal Military District against Japan

so goodbye Relic. Britain - Italy did not interest me.
23 Feb 2015, 18:49 PM
Donator 11

now I'll throw this game (last played two months ago)
Two factions of the Western Front bored very quickly:
- US troops exact copy vCoH British
- OKW is too easy to use

Only a new Soviet fraction, will return my interest, I offer two options:
- Guards Army in Europe
- Trans-Baikal Military District against Japan

so goodbye Relic. Britain - Italy did not interest me.

Its not even official, calm down. OKW once balanced will be different as well as the other factions.asking for a specific faction right now is out of the question as the game requires more Quality Of Life fixes as well as balance.
23 Feb 2015, 19:04 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

There are several threads where they were opened to collect feedback on the offcial forum.
Feedback

I think it is going to make a big difference in the design of OKW and other factions. And I think they are testing hard before releasing it. The goal is to have a larger balance.

23 Feb 2015, 22:45 PM
Patrion 28

Those who talk don't know, and those who know don't talk

and thus the cycle continues. we, we, we so excited... (i hate my brother for listening to that song the two times he did...)
23 Feb 2015, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 19:04 PMcapiqua
There are several threads where they were opened to collect feedback on the offcial forum.
Feedback

I think it is going to make a big difference in the design of OKW and other factions. And I think they are testing hard before releasing it. The goal is to have a larger balance.

Even though it says... COH2 VANNILA FACTIONS!??!
24 Feb 2015, 02:10 AM
Donator 11

wow im excited
24 Feb 2015, 04:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 13:29 PMnigo
AFRIKA

I'll actually be disappointed if they try to shoehorn Africa into CoH2. This is a late-war game, why or WHY would you want to try and shove early-war factions into the mix? People complain about the T-34/76, what will they think when their main production tank is essentially the StuG E with a turret?

Imo Africa / Italy should be reserved for CoH3 so they can focus entirely on 1940 - 1942 without having to worry about how a Cruiser is supposed to deal with Panthers. Shoehorning in Africa / Italy now would just squander the opportunity to do them properly later.
24 Feb 2015, 05:10 AM

Considering there is a wealth of AT guns/mines Relic decided not to put in the game for ~reasons~ it would be very easy to make a 42-43 faction work. Less focus on tanks, more focus on infantry/support weapon combat.

Also Howitzers, lots and LOTS of howitzers.
24 Feb 2015, 05:17 AM

I'll actually be disappointed if they try to shoehorn Africa into CoH2. This is a late-war game, why or WHY would you want to try and shove early-war factions into the mix? People complain about the T-34/76, what will they think when their main production tank is essentially the StuG E with a turret?

Imo Africa / Italy should be reserved for CoH3 so they can focus entirely on 1940 - 1942 without having to worry about how a Cruiser is supposed to deal with Panthers. Shoehorning in Africa / Italy now would just squander the opportunity to do them properly later.

Cruisers aren't the worst of it, imagine trying to flank a Tiger with Matilda...

And taking on KTs with Anti-tank rifles... oh wait...
24 Feb 2015, 05:50 AM
Donator 11

Italians would have to be a defensive faction focusing on team weapons and core infantry rather than the heanks okw have. I like the idea as it would appeal to have a fsction that has the same constraints of the Soviets.
24 Feb 2015, 09:00 AM

Right now, we have the Americans taking the fight to the Germans in Stalingrad, and we have Russians fighting the Germans in France. I think it's safe to say we're past the point of historical accuracy, and thus there should be no problem adding an Afrika corp faction that has both early and late war weapons and vehicles.
24 Feb 2015, 09:16 AM

Right now, we have the Americans taking the fight to the Germans in Stalingrad, and we have Russians fighting the Germans in France. I think it's safe to say we're past the point of historical accuracy, and thus there should be no problem adding an Afrika corp faction that has both early and late war weapons and vehicles.

Stalingrad is just the name of a map. I could make a map based on Hoth, but that doesn't mean anything. It's not so much historical accuracy as it is how you are going to balance outdated light and medium tanks against premiere medium and heavy tanks. The existing factions are set roughly within a year of each other, the difference is noticeable but not major. 3-4 year's difference on the other hand is night and day. If they want to do the early war, it should be separated from the late war so they can focus on making it great instead of trying to shoehorn 1941 units into 1945.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★