Login

russian armor

Visibility on "dead" entities

17 Feb 2015, 20:01 PM

As the title says, some dead entities are not really dead in a sense that they still provide sight so you are able to call air strikes into enemy line without apparent line of sight.
Here is link to the issue tracker if you experienced it too and are interested in voting it up.
17 Feb 2015, 20:06 PM

This is actually intentional, and is also the reason why you can manually target injured soldiers on the ground.
17 Feb 2015, 20:10 PM

well, they're not dead, they're wounded !? And you have The option to put them out of their misery, so what's the issue ? :P I think it's nice in some SM kinda way ;D
17 Feb 2015, 20:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

if you drop an airborne mg/atgun it will provide sight too in a 1 m radius :snfPeter:
17 Feb 2015, 21:01 PM
Patrion 14

As mentioned, it's not a bug, although I wouldn't mind if this was removed from the game. It's just more RNG bs.
17 Feb 2015, 21:25 PM

I'm pretty sure if you look really closely you can see that each wounded soldier is equipped with a radio that they're using to relay troop positions before they die.
17 Feb 2015, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 21:01 PMCptEend
As mentioned, it's not a bug, although I wouldn't mind if this was removed from the game. It's just more RNG bs.

Well tbh you can just shoot the crawling dudes, so I don't really see the issue. I've trained myself to do so every time a wounded entity crawls around.
17 Feb 2015, 21:53 PM

Congratulations, you have noticed a feature working as intended since alpha.
Now you might want to kill casualties.
17 Feb 2015, 23:17 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 21:25 PMCabreza
I'm pretty sure if you look really closely you can see that each wounded soldier is equipped with a radio that they're using to relay troop positions before they die.

i was just thinking the same thing.

*Base... I'm dying here... But I can see three squads and you can target an airstrike on me for the next couple of seconds... Still here... Still*
18 Feb 2015, 07:51 AM

So you're telling me it is intentional? How I did not notice it before and now I see it all the time? I'd understand maybe 10 seconds before wounded unit dies and loses sight but come on.. How can this be intentional? I don't know.. At least units should target them automatically then.
18 Feb 2015, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 07:51 AMiond
So you're telling me it is intentional? How I did not notice it before and now I see it all the time? I'd understand maybe 10 seconds before wounded unit dies and loses sight but come on.. How can this be intentional? I don't know.. At least units should target them automatically then.

It is you who should take the burden of giving order to finish them off. :D
18 Feb 2015, 09:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 07:51 AMiond

It is intentional. It was in the first game, too. "Wounded" guys could reveal cloaked units.
The "Interrogate" ability for Ostheer units with G43s relies on the existence of crawlers, so I don't think auto-targeting will happen.

(stolen) racketenwerfers will automatically target wounded soldiers. That's probably a bug.
18 Feb 2015, 09:38 AM
Patrion 14

Well tbh you can just shoot the crawling dudes, so I don't really see the issue. I've trained myself to do so every time a wounded entity crawls around.

I know, and I do. Just like it's possible to destroy an abandoned tank. It's just something I think a player shouldn't be bothering with.
18 Feb 2015, 14:53 PM

Hmm.. so I probably just didn't notice it before or it happens a lot more now. Wow, hundreds of hours playing and I get to know about this only now. Crazy. I'll probably remove that issue then.
18 Feb 2015, 14:59 PM

I may be highly sensitive but I don't like the thought that you have to kill wounded and defenseless people to get an advantage.
18 Feb 2015, 15:03 PM

It is intentional. It was in the first game, too. "Wounded" guys could reveal cloaked units.
The "Interrogate" ability for Ostheer units with G43s relies on the existence of crawlers, so I don't think auto-targeting will happen.

(stolen) racketenwerfers will automatically target wounded soldiers. That's probably a bug.

So will RE Riflenades from an FP. Very annoying when they pick the crawler and not the blob he came from.
18 Feb 2015, 15:32 PM

Ahhh yes, the illusive g43 interrogation targets.
18 Feb 2015, 15:39 PM
Patrion 14

So will RE Riflenades from an FP. Very annoying when they pick the crawler and not the blob he came from.

This is actually an issue that should go on the issue tracker together with the racketen :). Injured entities revealing the territory next to them has been a game mechanic since coh1.

This should probably be removed from the issue tracker.
18 Feb 2015, 15:41 PM

It is intentional since COH1, but you can't kill the wound in COH1.

They reveal enemy snipers as the last contribute to their homeland.
18 Feb 2015, 17:47 PM

i was just thinking the same thing.

*Base... I'm dying here... But I can see three squads and you can target an airstrike on me for the next couple of seconds... Still here... Still*

If flares can tell me where the bad guys are, so can my dying troops :snfAmi:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS