Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
18 Feb 2015, 07:03 AM

Jesus, this seems a hot potato. Invised few obvious trolling (nothing constructive) posts and handled few other reports in this thread.

Otherwise the thread have some good discussion going.
18 Feb 2015, 07:08 AM

It doesn't matter even if it suppresses a rifle squad,grenade will still wipe while suppressed.Seen it happen too many times.
Rifles wont be able to get a grenade off as long as you start firing on them on the first 1/3 of the arc. This is much worse on the allied side seeing as grens can fire a grenade at every range no matter what and volks have grenades no matter what. Allies need to invest in them which means they might not always be available.
18 Feb 2015, 07:12 AM

Rifles wont be able to get a grenade off as long as you start firing on them on the first 1/3 of the arc. This is much worse on the allied side seeing as grens can fire a grenade at every range no matter what and volks have grenades no matter what. Allies need to invest in them which means they might not always be available.

Often mg will not be able to suppress squad fully before it enters grenade range due to unreliable suppression rate,especially at long range quite bad.The grenade range bulletin makes it even easier.
18 Feb 2015, 07:43 AM

Often mg will not be able to suppress squad fully before it enters grenade range due to unreliable suppression rate,especially at long range quite bad.The grenade range bulletin makes it even easier.

Agree, Grens can easy use rifle-grenade and wipe MG. Volks and Riflemans dont have many problems also.

PS: but we all remember times of mighty MGs, ruining early game. (Maxim and MG42)
18 Feb 2015, 07:47 AM

It never happens if you use it with spotter.
18 Feb 2015, 09:40 AM

Its suppression is ok. The problem is the fact that the MG42 does 2,7 dps at long range.

If a MG42 gets frontalny assaulted by 2 or 3 i would like it to atleast force retreat on one of the squads or atleast reduce its sqaud size and cause some menpower bleed.

Simply increase the HMG42 mid and long range dps, to punish frontal assaults (btw for all HMG's).
18 Feb 2015, 09:46 AM

It never happens if you use it with spotter.

When u bring in spotter why assume only 1 rifle will face 2 of ur units?Due to slow suppression at long range and bad traverse ,plus ability to gren while suppressed its easy to kill mg even while being in its arc temporarily.Grenadier doesn't have sufficient DPS to halt rifles from flanking ,even if they are out of cover and closing.Closer they get easier it is.
18 Feb 2015, 10:05 AM

MG42 is best MG in CoH2. This toppic is about making them more better and leave others MG more weaker?

I have no problem support my grens with MG42. You want MG42 "all in one" army?
18 Feb 2015, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 10:05 AMAradan
MG42 is best MG in CoH2. This toppic is about making them more better and leave others MG more weaker?

I have no problem support my grens with MG42. You want MG42 "all in one" army?

I say the Mg42 is not the best, and without bulletins they are no good on a 1 v 1
18 Feb 2015, 10:12 AM

I love using smoke gren vs MG, I made so many great moves with a good smoke + general push to take a sector that I can understand how some of you can get pissed off.

But honestly It is just a l2p attitude guys. Lemon is 100% right, you must reposition your MG, that what the game is about: tactical decisions. If you imagine you can lock a sector by simply positioning an MG, well you can make as much thread like that as you want, it is not going to change anything...

Grenades are an investment for USF in MP and Fuel + ammo to use, which delay your tiers upgrade. If you believe it shouldn't negate your MG lockdown, here again you're 100% wrong.
18 Feb 2015, 10:27 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

For me the MG-42 need a bit higher supression and that is it. Atm Rifles can run directly into the 42, throw their smoke and continue to fuck it up, the same with Schocks... If they were lying in the dirt already they would not make MG42 useless
18 Feb 2015, 10:32 AM

When u bring in spotter why assume only 1 rifle will face 2 of ur units?Due to slow suppression at long range and bad traverse ,plus ability to gren while suppressed its easy to kill mg even while being in its arc temporarily.Grenadier doesn't have sufficient DPS to halt rifles from flanking ,even if they are out of cover and closing.Closer they get easier it is.

1) Why assume he will have more rifles than your units if rifles are 280 MP and grens and MG42 are 240? If they have teched grenades there should be even less of them as your opponent has invested MP and FU.
2) You can inflict more MP bleed if YOU gren THEM while THEY are suppressed. It is still victory for you in terms of resources.
3) If they are flanking your MG then it is right if you lost it. If not and if, as you said, they are out of cover, then they will get suppressed long before they close in into grenade throwing range. Because of spotter.

It is hard to argue on such theoretic scenarios.
Bring replay where you've encountered such problems, then we'll see.
Without replay I see no point of continuing discussion on that topic.
18 Feb 2015, 10:34 AM

You should watch Luvnest, Stephnenn or HelpingHans for some pro HMG42 and think twice after that if it needs anything or the biggest problem is between chair and keyboard.
18 Feb 2015, 11:20 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 10:34 AMKatitof
You should watch Luvnest, Stephnenn or HelpingHans for some pro HMG42 and think twice after that if it needs anything or the biggest problem is between chair and keyboard.

Why do they complain ybout it too then?
18 Feb 2015, 11:29 AM

I'm in favour of something being done to the MG-42, however, I don't know how you do it without making it massively OP like it was in late 2013...
18 Feb 2015, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 10:12 AMEsxile
I love using smoke gren vs MG, I made so many great moves with a good smoke + general push to take a sector that I can understand how some of you can get pissed off.

But honestly It is just a l2p attitude guys. Lemon is 100% right, you must reposition your MG, that what the game is about: tactical decisions. If you imagine you can lock a sector by simply positioning an MG, well you can make as much thread like that as you want, it is not going to change anything...

Grenades are an investment for USF in MP and Fuel + ammo to use, which delay your tiers upgrade. If you believe it shouldn't negate your MG lockdown, here again you're 100% wrong.

I watched lemon play a 2v2 (not a 1v1) today testing out the MG42s. I witness him lose 2 MG42s squads due USF grenade and 1 to infantry attack. Lemon kept replacing the left behind MG42s with engineers, thats not idea. Also, Lemon used all MG42 bulletins, not standard MG42s.

18 Feb 2015, 11:43 AM

I'm in favour of something being done to the MG-42, however, I don't know how you do it without making it massively OP like it was in late 2013...

Given that USF has so many counters and soviets can just outspam Ost i think the best way to buff it is to reduce the packup time by about half. I think having mg being able to quickly reposition would lead to more interesting play, and reduce retreat wipes.

And put the gunner to back, aka kappatch.
18 Feb 2015, 12:00 PM

soviets can just outspam Ost

Outspam?
Care to explain how you will outspam ost with exactly as expensive or more expensive infantry and armor?
18 Feb 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 12:00 PMKatitof

Outspam?
Care to explain how you will outspam ost with exactly as expensive or more expensive infantry and armor?

Ost - T1/T2/Teching.
If Soviets decide to go t2 into callins then they can field more units.
18 Feb 2015, 12:19 PM

Since ost rarely goes over T2 and soviets pretty much always have to go for AT nades/molos, the costs equals out.
PAGES (29)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak