PAGES (19)down
26 Feb 2015, 06:45 AM

Permanently Banned
^Dont touch PFausts

The days of scout car rapage are good and gone for the better
26 Feb 2015, 07:02 AM

^Dont touch PFausts

The days of scout car rapage are good and gone for the better

The days of Scout Cars or Dodge trucks being worth buying at all have been ground into a fine paste, which is a bit sad. Fixing the problem isn't quite the same as just making two units (and one of six american commanders) worthless.
26 Feb 2015, 07:23 AM

I think that the 221/222 is at a fine spot atm. It can stand one AT hit and has good use as a counter to the US M20 scout car, versus Snipers and MGs aswell as a map hack with a scope doctrine.

As mentioned before the units you hardly see being used, need to be brought back into the game, such as: MG 42, 251 - Flammenwerfer, Panzerwerfer, StuG.

That and a cost decrease for teching and a cost increase for call-ins in general.
26 Feb 2015, 07:26 AM

Changing panzerfausts isn't a good idea. They're already free and iirc are better then cons' AT grenades.
That said, moving them to BP1 is a very bad idea.
And scout cars, whilst unable to go on rampages these days, are still a viable choice. They really ruin OKW's day early on (at the cost of ruining Sovs' entire game later on) and the .50 cal on top of it really is deadly against inf.
26 Feb 2015, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2015, 17:50 PMBurts

One PIV + double paks + 4 grens + mg-42 is enough to beat all USF can throw at you. Of course it's not always that simple but that's generally how you do it.

I have no idea what Alexzandvar is rambling about, sure their teching is linear.. so what?

Thanks for the laughs burts,how many matches have you played with ostheer alone without piggybacking a OKW partner this patch buddy?
26 Feb 2015, 14:10 PM

Thanks for the laughs burts,how many matches have you played with ostheer alone without piggybacking a OKW partner this patch buddy?

Quite a few actually, i play 1v1s mostly by the way.
26 Feb 2015, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 14:10 PMBurts

Quite a few actually, i play 1v1s mostly by the way.

Hey burts,why don't you come to ostheer strategies forums and give us some pro-tips.I mean u can guide us dude..u can pwn usf with 4grens an mg,2 paks and a pz 4...u truly are hot stuff.Australian magic has made some threads there for tips -we are mostly at a loss after a point what to reply,why don't u a pro ost 1 vs 1 regular go help us poor peeps out?
26 Feb 2015, 14:33 PM

Permanently Banned

Hey burts,why don't you come to ostheer strategies forums and give us some pro-tips.I mean u can guide us dude..u can pwn usf with 4grens an mg,2 paks and a pz 4...u truly are hot stuff.Australian magic has made some threads there for tips -we are mostly at a loss after a point what to reply,why don't u a pro ost 1 vs 1 regular go help us poor peeps out?

You have to stop with the passive aggressive bullshit.
26 Feb 2015, 14:34 PM

I'm not saying OST is at a disadvantage againts USF in 1v1. Infact on most maps they probaly are, but i think its more of an issue with the bad map design rather than ostheer.

Genrally vs USF i like to go do this

2x gren 1 mg gren > T2 > 222 > gren. 222 IS not needed if he doesn't go m20 but he probaly will.

Important thing is that your first munitions should go towards flamer pios, not LMG grens. Despite what some people say "stick together, focus on one area of the map" i disagree. If you focus just on one area, you get flanked and die horribly.Instead spread out your grens, use cover...But don't spread out too much... Try to 2v1 his rifles when possible..

Even though rifles do win vs grens at all ranges, a gren squad in green cover will win vs a rifle squad in yellow. Since you are playing defensively, you should get the superior cover position.

Use MG-42s right,predict where your enemy is and you should be fine...

Panzergrenadiers are quite good on closed maps. Infact on a map like stalingrad it's a good idea to make like 3 panzergrenadiers. Infact againts USF ostheer on stalingrad isint so bad, just vs soviets it's hard..

26 Feb 2015, 14:43 PM

The problem with USF vs Ostheer, it pretty much always comes down to this situation:

Rifle blob + Jacksons > Grens + Paks + P4 or Tiger

1) The Rifle blob kills the Paks faster than the P4/Tiger and Grens kill the Rifle blob.
2) Paks are gone and in worst case re-crewed by the US player. Now everything collapses.
3) The P4/Tiger stand no chance vs 240 dmg, high mobility and 60 range Jacksons.

If you keep the Paks safe and at a distance, they won´t reach the Jacksons. If you want to engage Jacksons successfully, you have to keep the Paks in line with the Tigers. However then they get killed in a matter of seconds by Rifles.

4) Optional: OP doctrine, P47 rocket strike and Airborne with MG to finish off any tank or infantry immediately.

26 Feb 2015, 16:23 PM

I think the most underlying problem with Ostheer is that we compare it with OKW. OKW right now is the strongest faction in the game and it just proves to us that it needs a major haul.

People also should note that Ostheer only has a problem with USF and not Soviets at all. Against Soviets, Ostheer is well balanced and vice versa.
26 Feb 2015, 16:36 PM

I think the most underlying problem with Ostheer is that we compare it with OKW. OKW right now is the strongest faction in the game and it just proves to us that it needs a major haul.

People also should note that Ostheer only has a problem with USF and not Soviets at all. Against Soviets, Ostheer is well balanced and vice versa.

Yeah well balanced, in that you pay the same for a Heavy tank that's worse.

Ostheer is in a bad spot in general compared to every faction, it's just that USF is much more obviously broken against Ostheer.

And no, OKW is no more stronger/bullshit than any of the other 3 factions except Ostheer. It's a world of cheese out there, and nobody can claim the spot of biggest offender in the cheese contest.
26 Feb 2015, 19:44 PM

This faction is not playable anymore, let alone being enjoyable or competitive. Grens and mg42 are absolute trash.

I think they have to revert most of the nerfs since the release.
26 Feb 2015, 19:52 PM

Yeah well balanced, in that you pay the same for a Heavy tank that's worse.

Ostheer is in a bad spot in general compared to every faction, it's just that USF is much more obviously broken against Ostheer.

And no, OKW is no more stronger/bullshit than any of the other 3 factions except Ostheer. It's a world of cheese out there, and nobody can claim the spot of biggest offender in the cheese contest.

lol worse heavy tank? Didn't you say KV-1 was better than Tiger? Come on.

Please show me how Ostheer struggle vs Soviets in 1 v 1. The two vanilla factions are well balanced against each other.
26 Feb 2015, 22:11 PM

Honestly,got patience for 1 more patch regarding this faction.No more.Might as well delete it in 1 vs 1 mode.
26 Feb 2015, 22:31 PM

lol worse heavy tank? Didn't you say KV-1 was better than Tiger? Come on.

Please show me how Ostheer struggle vs Soviets in 1 v 1. The two vanilla factions are well balanced against each other.

I said the KV-1 wouldn't instantly die when facing off, and could distract it/pin it down for other things to shoot at it. The IS2 is better than the Tiger in every stat except ROF.
26 Feb 2015, 23:09 PM

I cringe everytime someone suggests putting grens in the HQ. People don't need encouragement to spam grens. It would punish combined arms.

26 Feb 2015, 23:14 PM

I cringe everytime someone suggests putting grens in the HQ. People don't need encouragement to spam grens. It would punish combined arms.

Ostheer is the most MP drained faction in the game, spam isn't really in the equation. Try spamming grens and see how far it gets you versus USF or Soviets lol.
26 Feb 2015, 23:49 PM

You can already build Assault Grenadiers without T1 and at 0CP. Nobody's complained about that. Don't see why regular Grenadiers couldn't be moved to the HQ.
27 Feb 2015, 13:25 PM

I said the KV-1 wouldn't instantly die when facing off, and could distract it/pin it down for other things to shoot at it. The IS2 is better than the Tiger in every stat except ROF.

And Scatter, which makes the Tiger a far less RNG dependent INF killer than the IS2. + Better Vet ability
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS