Login

russian armor

Ostheer: What is to be done?

PAGES (19)down
27 Feb 2015, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 13:25 PMofield

And Scatter, which makes the Tiger a far less RNG dependent INF killer than the IS2. + Better Vet ability

And the fact that your supporting tanks are vastly superior to their Soviet counterparts...
27 Feb 2015, 14:43 PM

I said the KV-1 wouldn't instantly die when facing off, and could distract it/pin it down for other things to shoot at it. The IS2 is better than the Tiger in every stat except ROF.

My point still stands. Ostheer only has a problem with USF and not SU. Axis only players need to stop marketing Ostheer as a useless faction against Allies. Thanks.
27 Feb 2015, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 13:25 PMofield

And Scatter, which makes the Tiger a far less RNG dependent INF killer than the IS2. + Better Vet ability

The Tiger doesn't invalidate enemy armor nearly in the same way the IS2 does, but yeah when facing a infantry horde a Tiger is probably preferable, but I will always take the IS2 over it due to the fact the IS2 can shut down anything smaller than a KT, and even then 2 IS2's will kick a KT's ass.

My point still stands. Ostheer only has a problem with USF and not SU. Axis only players need to stop marketing Ostheer as a useless faction against Allies. Thanks.

Ostheer's problems are largely structural, they suffer against SU because of the insane teching costs and lack of worthwhile units in t3. The issue is just much more pronounced against USF due to USF's insanely fast teching and superior stock units.

Ostheer isn't useless, it's just a support faction, so if you like being the water boy/logistics officer it's kinda cool.

And the fact that your supporting tanks are vastly superior to their Soviet counterparts...

If your going for Tigers your not going to have other tanks on the field, Ostheer teching doesn't allow you to push out Panthers and get Tigers.
27 Feb 2015, 16:03 PM

The Tiger doesn't invalidate enemy armor nearly in the same way the IS2 does, but yeah when facing a infantry horde a Tiger is probably preferable, but I will always take the IS2 over it due to the fact the IS2 can shut down anything smaller than a KT, and even then 2 IS2's will kick a KT's ass.

Ostheer's problems are largely structural, they suffer against SU because of the insane teching costs and lack of worthwhile units in t3. The issue is just much more pronounced against USF due to USF's insanely fast teching and superior stock units.

Ostheer isn't useless, it's just a support faction, so if you like being the water boy/logistics officer it's kinda cool.

If your going for Tigers your not going to have other tanks on the field, Ostheer teching doesn't allow you to push out Panthers and get Tigers.

Yea, Ostheer does not suffer from insane tech against SU, both factions had their tech cost increased to slow down the pace of the game before WFA, point still stands.

I always build P4 whenever I choose a Tiger doctrine, only n00bs build Panthers with Tiger doctrines and Elephants (defeats the whole purpose of calling in).

Ostheer is fine vs SU. Please stop spitting BS. Thanks.
27 Feb 2015, 16:13 PM

Yea, Ostheer does not suffer from insane tech against SU, both factions had their tech cost increased to slow down the pace of the game before WFA, point still stands.

I always build P4 whenever I choose a Tiger doctrine, only n00bs build Panthers with Tiger doctrines and Elephants (defeats the whole purpose of calling in).

It does.You know tiger plus pak will lose vs is-2 and zis.Ostheer teching cost is mandatory.SU optional.Ostheer teching cost in manpower is waay more than soviet.

Ost vs soviet is largely balanced but even still soviet at the moment has advantage - well microed conspam is a problem,as is 120 mm mortar,double sniper still a considerable pain,shocks are difficult to counter in a cost effective manner,is-2 is the biggest headache,t-34/85s are superb and soviet artillery is uncounterable for ostheer -any ostheer defensive line can be torn apart by katyushas or b4...laugh at pzwerfer or lefh if u can actually get one.Play ostheer a little more 20 odd 1 vs 1 s with current patch before spouting bullshit yourself.
27 Feb 2015, 16:13 PM

Fine in the sense that you have 1 tank that it capable of countering the IS2 and ISU-152. Ostheer has a giant MP drain soviets do not have, and on top of that they have linear teching while Soviets do not.

The PIV is more viable against SU than USF, but it still is a waste of fuel when you could just stick to tech 2 and make PaK's to deal with enemy armor and Grens/MG's to deal with enemy infantry.
27 Feb 2015, 16:21 PM

It does.You know tiger plus pak will lose vs is-2 and zis.Ostheer teching cost is mandatory.SU optional.Ostheer teching cost in manpower is waay more than soviet.

Ost vs soviet is largely balanced but even still soviet at the moment has advantage - well microed conspam is a problem,as is 120 mm mortar,double sniper still a considerable pain,shocks are difficult to counter in a cost effective manner,is-2 is the biggest headache,t-34/85s are superb and soviet artillery is uncounterable for ostheer -any ostheer defensive line can be torn apart by katyushas or b4...laugh at pzwerfer or lefh if u can actually get one.Play ostheer a little more 20 odd 1 vs 1 s with current patch before spouting bullshit yourself.

I am sorry but COH2 was released June 25, 2013 and if you do not know how to counter SU as Ostheer by now than it's a L2P issue. Also, learn to "well micro" your own units before getting your Ostheer infantry wiped and complain on COH2.org, play Allies to improve your micro. Thanks.
27 Feb 2015, 16:24 PM

Yeah micro sure helps stop your 4 man infantry from being wiped, if your psychic and able to predict 100% accurately the path of all artillery shells and rockets in the game!
27 Feb 2015, 16:27 PM

I am sorry but COH2 was released June 25, 2013 and if you do not know how to counter SU as Ostheer by now than it's a L2P issue. Also, learn to "well micro" your own units before getting your Ostheer infantry wiped and complain on COH2.org, play Allies to improve your micro. Thanks.

What are u talking about?release time has nothing to do with current patch situation.Ostheer of 2013 is nothing compared to now .Every single core unit has been heavily nerfed since then including tech costs and many many soviet units buffed.So make sense if ur trying to make a point.
27 Feb 2015, 16:28 PM

Yeah micro sure helps stop your 4 man infantry from being wiped, if your psychic and able to predict 100% accurately the path of all artillery shells and rockets in the game!

Funny, no Axis fan cried before WFA about 4 man squad when SU used 120MM/Arty/Mortar/IS2 and Kat. Please, this is RNG. Cons, Rifles, and Paras all get wiped by Mortar/KT/Tiger and Rifle Nades.
27 Feb 2015, 16:36 PM

Funny, no Axis fan cried before WFA about 4 man squad when SU used 120MM/Arty/Mortar/IS2 and Kat. Please, this is RNG. Cons, Rifles, and Paras all get wiped by Mortar/KT/Tiger and Rifle Nades.

There was a absolute insane increase in DPS when WFA came out, the reason 4 man squads worked before WFA was because the game was created around the idea of all soviet squads having 2 extra men.

And yeah I'm really sorry your 6 men squad occasionally get wiped by a mortar, or 2 of the most expensive Axis tanks in the game, or rifle nades (which you get a massive warning about).

The whole idea of Axis being limited to 4 man teams died when WFA came out, both vanilla factions should have been reworked. Soviets given a better teching system and stock units, Ostheer given a cheaper teching system and 5 man squads.
27 Feb 2015, 16:41 PM

There was a absolute insane increase in DPS when WFA came out, the reason 4 man squads worked before WFA was because the game was created around the idea of all soviet squads having 2 extra men.

And yeah I'm really sorry your 6 men squad occasionally get wiped by a mortar, or 2 of the most expensive Axis tanks in the game, or rifle nades (which you get a massive warning about).

The whole idea of Axis being limited to 4 man teams died when WFA came out, both vanilla factions should have been reworked. Soviets given a better teching system and stock units, Ostheer given a cheaper teching system and 5 man squads.

What DPS are you talking about? The conversation was about Ostheer vs SU. Yea I am really sorry too for your 4 man squad gets wiped by 400MP 120mm (expensive), same goes for my expensive IS2.

Point still stands: Ostheer is not trash vs SU.
27 Feb 2015, 16:46 PM

What DPS are you talking about? The conversation was about Ostheer vs SU. Yea I am really sorry too for your 4 man squad gets wiped by 400MP 120mm (expensive), same goes for my expensive IS2.

Point still stands: Ostheer is not trash vs SU.

Ostheer isn't trash, it's just not as good. And Soviets have had several units buffed/changed since WFA came out. The IS2 used to be garbage nobody used and now it's very common.

And the 120mm mortar is the longest ranged and most durable mortar in the game, for 400 mp it's well worth the investment. But you don't need 120mm in order to wipe squads like nobodies business.

Ultimately Ostheers biggest issue is 1. Not being able to stand up to Soviet Call in's and 2. Not being able to keep up with Soviets tech wise, due to the MP drain.
27 Feb 2015, 16:50 PM

Permanently Banned

Your a fucking idiot.

Literally all ost stock units outperform and scale better than thier soviet counter parts

With the exception of the sniper and maxim/mg42

Stop spitting bs man.
27 Feb 2015, 16:59 PM

Your a fucking idiot.

Literally all ost stock units outperform and scale better than thier soviet counter parts

With the exception of the sniper and maxim/mg42

Stop spitting bs man.

Both Ostheer and Soviets have 3 tiers of vet, so no 1 doesn't scale better than the other. And Ostheer stock units out perform Soviet stock units by design, it's almost like in the current meta Soviet stock units are neglected in favor of call ins....

Yeah, a Panther will beat a T-34, but fuck if that player isn't going to get raped hard while tech rushing one out. Then come the T-34/85's or IS2's to seal the deal and end the game.

27 Feb 2015, 17:13 PM

Permanently Banned

Both Ostheer and Soviets have 3 tiers of vet, so no 1 doesn't scale better than the other.

this makes no FUCKING SENSE

they get better bonuses and upgrades
27 Feb 2015, 17:25 PM

this makes no FUCKING SENSE

they get better bonuses and upgrades

Blitz is better than capture, but the veterancy bonus's unit to unit are largely the same. I think your greivence is with OKW, not Ostheer.

Speaking of which, the additional armor on the PIV, StuG, Panther, and Tiger should be fuel/MP upgrades, not vet based.
27 Feb 2015, 17:50 PM

Vet 2 armor skirts? Big boon right there. And saying blitz is just better than capture is an understamement. They don't belong in the same realm of existence. The same thing applies to Target Weak Point vs Tracking. Not to mention Axis tanks are far easier to keep alive, and they do better cost per cost too.
27 Feb 2015, 18:05 PM

Ostheer isn't trash, it's just not as good. And Soviets have had several units buffed/changed since WFA came out. The IS2 used to be garbage nobody used and now it's very common.

And the 120mm mortar is the longest ranged and most durable mortar in the game, for 400 mp it's well worth the investment. But you don't need 120mm in order to wipe squads like nobodies business.

Ultimately Ostheers biggest issue is 1. Not being able to stand up to Soviet Call in's and 2. Not being able to keep up with Soviets tech wise, due to the MP drain.

Your slippery slope arguments in every post are just uncomprehending. You don't need to go out of your way to defend every single Axis unit. We all play Axis and we know the strengths and weaknesses.

Ostheer has been dealing with Call in since 2013, it's not difficult. MP drain, what are you talking about? Stop creating a situation where Axis player is completely on the back foot, it's a L2P issue. Thanks.
27 Feb 2015, 18:20 PM

Vet 2 armor skirts? Big boon right there. And saying blitz is just better than capture is an understamement. They don't belong in the same realm of existence. The same thing applies to Target Weak Point vs Tracking. Not to mention Axis tanks are far easier to keep alive, and they do better cost per cost too.

Which ones do better for cost? They are all expensive as garden. The Tiger is so popular because you don't need to bust your balls teching in order to get it.

Ostheers tanks are moderately better because your not going to have a lot of them, nor a lot of infantry supporting them. And I just said Skirts should be an upgrade, not a vet ability.

Your slippery slope arguments in every post are just uncomprehending. You don't need to go out of your way to defend every single Axis unit. We all play Axis and we know the strengths and weaknesses.

Ostheer has been dealing with Call in since 2013, it's not difficult. MP drain, what are you talking about? Stop creating a situation where Axis player is completely on the back foot, it's a L2P issue. Thanks.

I have never one used the word slippery slope. And Ostheer has a MP drain due to teching costs/high cost infantry. I'm not even defending or discussing any single unit, we are discussing faction design.

Although I find it very cute that you follow me around asserting Iv said things I never have.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS