Login

russian armor

My Opinion on Decals

14 Feb 2015, 20:53 PM

I don't know why they don't just use the DoW system were you can upload your own pictures and just report anyone who makes Penis Sherman. I would love to have some Imperium of Man aquila's on my Panzers or some cool soviet flag variants on my T34's
14 Feb 2015, 21:02 PM

Man, the DoW system was set up really well, but they can't nickel and dime us with that, so all decals will likely be paid dlc and war spoils drops.
14 Feb 2015, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 16:20 PMpigsoup

are they big? i wish they were so they stick out in the beginning and end of the game.

also, your emblem on flags would be cool albeit very subtle.

http://i.imgur.com/9eWvLsQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eQ6Rk2H.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2iDTPt2.jpg
nee
14 Feb 2015, 22:03 PM

There is nothing wrong if they put decals or other customizations behind a "paywall" .
I mean seriously, i sit in front of a machine that costs around 1500 - 2000 euro, with a keyboard around 120, a mouse around 60 +soundsystem + audiointerface + headphone etc.
Why should it be wrong to pay a few cents for customizations in a game I like to play? o_O

Because NDA.

Seriously, the same valid question has been asked about other more relevant issues like, say, fixing the game problems that have actual game ramifications.

It more in the line of the president gets someone to sponsor the team and there are new shirts with the sponsor logo on it. So with this money the team can afford better players and more training sessions. Don't you think?

Actually it's more in line with a president asking the team's fan community to sponsor by buying the shirts and such.
And the team has no accountability in regards to achieve the stated goal.

I don't know why they don't just use the DoW system were you can upload your own pictures and just report anyone who makes Penis Sherman. I would love to have some Imperium of Man aquila's on my Panzers or some cool soviet flag variants on my T34's

Because it's not as profitable as a payed DLC system.

I think this is just meant to be a conceptual demonstration. I don't necessarily mind if not for the feeling that they are foregoing fixing other priorities in favour of a system that doesn't even give multiple decals to demonstrate the capability of said feature. Sure there's potential for "thousands" of new decals, but that's not helped by giving us only one. Things like roundels of various involved nations (Germany can just have the Iron Cross emblem the way they do with every game to avoid swastikas), for example. Hell divisional emblems would work well too.
Fuck it, just different sets of NUMBERS would do the trick, they give the feeling that four Ostheer player with different numbers resemble four different battalions working together. Subtle, yet individual. Isn't that the point of decals?

EDIT: what about icons already found in the game? the single chevron from Grenadiers, the three bullets from machine guns, Tiger Tanks, plane and truck outlines, anything that's game reference.
Heck even rank insignia from the various countries involved would work: Sergeant stripes with rockers, officer bars and oak leaves, and of course stars and crossed batons.

Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience. I'll assume you've looked into all the sleuthing that was done recently. I can tell you that if you've looked into it and put things together for yourself that good times are coming, mentions of the British, clans, custom commanders, custom decals?,

I'm sure with patience all your questions will be answered!
lol I'm sure many optimistic people said the same thing prior to WFA.
15 Feb 2015, 09:01 AM

Patience isn't directed at this game specifically it is directed at things in general. People feel let down when things come later than they expected.

Every gaming community has a group of people that can never be made happy no matter what happens to the game the simplicity of this is that they want the game to be something that it currently isn't. >:(

The CoH2 community is bleeding with these kind of people because they are who they are not because of what the game is, being unhappy about the game is technically not the games fault nor Relic's. :oops: Bla Bla Bla scream at me all you like idc!

The blame actually lies the person who is unhappy with it and either doesn't want to or is unable to let go and accept the way things are for the time being. The simplest way to avoid this kind of attitude is to understand you are not in control therefore nothing you do can directly affect the outcome. :*(

Currently waiting for the ton of hate PM's I get everytime I voice this opinion! :bananadance:
15 Feb 2015, 09:13 AM

You know, instead of doing this stupid decal, they could of added THIS historical decal for soviet tanks.

15 Feb 2015, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Currently waiting for the ton of hate PM's I get everytime I voice this opinion! :bananadance:

+1

Testify Brother!
15 Feb 2015, 14:39 PM
Donator 11

I don't know why everyone wants numbers for decals. Lol they are already present on Most vehicles. Stop talking about balance for five seconds and stay on topic plz
15 Feb 2015, 14:57 PM

Decals shouldn't be a template that is colored in your team colors (always blue for you).
It should be a picture with fixed colors.
15 Feb 2015, 15:23 PM

I worried because That's the last update Relic made in the game and is it bugged. Whenever I try to unequip it, it comes back when I launch a new game.

Another example showing how Relic isn't really able to deliver something without bugs. Same as the most elementary cosmetic.

And yes, its too small, Who the hell is going to zoom on it during a match :/
15 Feb 2015, 16:52 PM
Patrion 14

Feature in DoW2 that was free where all you had to do was paste a .png into a folder and paint your army. All players could see your decals because they were downloaded to all the clients computers. How ludicrous to hide this feature behind a pay wall /assholemode

Yeah, how ludicrous that a company wants to make money. I'm just glad they're trying to make money on something like this, and not yet another batch of OP doctrines.
15 Feb 2015, 17:00 PM
Benefactor 115

I think the /assholemode should have given it away. We don't even know if it's going to be paid for or if they will be exactly like the DoW2 system with workshop curation so we dont get swastiphalluses all over the place.
15 Feb 2015, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

Well I mean they can still be won in war spoils I suspect or paid for kinda like csgo skins and such.
15 Feb 2015, 19:56 PM

I think the /assholemode should have given it away. We don't even know if it's going to be paid for or if they will be exactly like the DoW2 system with workshop curation so we dont get swastiphalluses all over the place.

You're such a prude, Liam.
20 Feb 2015, 22:31 PM

i would also love to see some actual decals in this game, and for that matter i'd love the Tiger Ace to look like TIKI as she was actually very well known amongst the germans and allied forces she was around.

the flag bearing thing which was mentioned here was actually very rare, mostly for photo or video propoganda or when any faction "liberated" a town without fighting as a giant flag waving on top of your tank draws alot of attention so aside from a fun cosmetic feature it doesn't really add anything.

and as said here before the camo's for the vehicles are so far off, some are not that bad but most have the wrong colors, camoflage paint is, as the name suggests, suppost to camoflage you not make you stand out.
20 Feb 2015, 23:14 PM

You're such a prude, Liam.

A lot of people play this game for the setting. You know what ruins the setting? Giant dicks painted on everything.
20 Feb 2015, 23:43 PM
Patrion 14

I'm all for decals or other cosmetic dlc.

Come to think of it, it would be amazing if you could get skins for vet 2 or vet 3 of a tank. A bit like in coh1 where the appearance of a sherman would change throughout the game. As it stands now only the p4 (maybe I'm forgetting another tank) changes its appearance with vet.

I'd happily pay a bit to have a sherman look like it's been through hell and back with improvised armour (logs, sandbags) or a stug with shrubbery over it when they reach vet 3 and something inbetween for vet 2 :D.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one :).
20 Feb 2015, 23:58 PM
Patrion 28

A lot of people play this game for the setting. You know what ruins the setting? Giant dicks painted on everything.

i'm sure soldiers painted obscenities on their tanks and i know some of them had pinup girls, which is obscene to some people. relic's implementation has already done a great job of ruining the setting.
21 Feb 2015, 01:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I will bet you no one painted a huge penis on their vehicle, whether individually or in swasticock form
21 Feb 2015, 01:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I want this Commander though
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment