Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
11 Feb 2015, 19:19 PM

No more retarded single player expansions that take time away from the only fun part of the game please.

I had a lot of fun with Ardennes Assault.
11 Feb 2015, 19:22 PM

I had a lot of fun with Ardennes Assault.

So, I did to? If even a fraction of the resources they spent on it was put into fixing the multiplayer the game wouldn't be in nearly as horrible a state as it is in right now.
11 Feb 2015, 19:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

This just in from a Mr Copernicus

Apparently the world doesn't revolve around you
11 Feb 2015, 19:35 PM

Relic, if you add the USSR against Japan. I am soooo happy:
- Not German Axis faction
- new Soviets

Me too. Maybe without new soviet, just new commanders with T-26 and marines.

11 Feb 2015, 19:50 PM

So, I did to? If even a fraction of the resources they spent on it was put into fixing the multiplayer the game wouldn't be in nearly as horrible a state as it is in right now.

If u looked at van voort's thread you'd know we hardcore mp users are the VAST minority. Thus we couldn't fund the studio without the comp stomp and sp crowds.
They need to make money to continue patching the game. And personally I don't think balance is completely atrocious. It's not perfect either. Optimization isn't. Even still this is the best game I've played in years.

For the record I liked AA but feel I paid too much for it. I'm considering the rest an investment on future work on the game.

I think they will add another faction. It's pretty obvious at this point this game isn't going to be an esport. The balance will be trickier with brits but so what. It's not going to hurt anything and it helps relic stay in business. Not exactly win win but I'm all for it.
11 Feb 2015, 20:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If u looked at van voort's thread you'd know we hardcore mp users are the VAST minority. Thus we couldn't fund the studio without the comp stomp and sp crowds.
They need to make money to continue patching the game. And personally I don't think balance is completely atrocious. It's not perfect either. Optimization isn't. Even still this is the best game I've played in years.

For the record I liked AA but feel I paid too much for it. I'm considering the rest an investment on future work on the game.

I think they will add another faction. It's pretty obvious at this point this game isn't going to be an esport. The balance will be trickier with brits but so what. It's not going to hurt anything and it helps relic stay in business. Not exactly win win but I'm all for it.

+1
11 Feb 2015, 20:15 PM

The issue isn't that AA was made, the issue is that what was left to rot so AA could be made. While it makes sense to release a SP AA campaign (which did nothing for the comp stompers) from a monetary perspective, long term your going to lose out because the only thing that keeps RTS's alive is the multiplayer, shafting your long term community by basically leaving them to rot really doesn't end well for most companies.

I guess it's true Relic could stay in business just releasing SP expansions, but putting a bullet in the head of your online community also doesn't seem like the greatest idea. I would be much less upset about AA if we hadn't gone months without new content or balance because of it, when people on these very forums have proven it doesn't take a massive team of people months to make a balance patch.
11 Feb 2015, 20:52 PM

"....mp users are the VAST minority...."

Yes, of course.
...But thats relics fault. Terrible matchmaking, questionable balance, no real updates or new mpcontent, totaly pointless leveling and looting, pointless and halfarsed "events" ( once a year?!).

Thats a very good way to say "bye" to your mp-community.

Oh i almost forgot their streams and they are "excited" :clap:
11 Feb 2015, 20:54 PM

No more retarded single player expansions that take time away from the only fun part of the game please.

Problem is as explained above the Japs would make 0 sense as a multiplayer faction and the marines would mirror current USF by like 97% anyway. So with that being said I cant see anything else to do but singleplayer
11 Feb 2015, 20:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No, pretty certain that would be a reflection of what people like to play

MP could be totally stoked and people would still do SP
11 Feb 2015, 20:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Problem is as explained above the Japs would make 0 sense as a multiplayer faction and the marines would mirror current USF by like 97% anyway. So with that being said I cant see anything else to do but singleplayer

I have some ideas:

http://www.coh2.org/news/30318/forgotten-nations-brazil

11 Feb 2015, 23:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not strange that SP has been more played than MP. I think this applies to most games in general, even if they are focused on the multiplayer.
11 Feb 2015, 23:43 PM

It's not strange that SP has been more played than MP. I think this applies to most games in general, even if they are focused on the multiplayer.

Indeed. The reason for us being the Vast minority is that most of the casual gamers in this world dont feel like they have to join a community or compete in a game, but use it to relax, and spend some time. Its mainly us, the more-than-casual gamer that likes the competition.
Please dont blame Relic for a normal thing in our world!
Also, the people working on AA would NEVER EVER IN A LIFETIME have been working on balance. They would be way overpaid for that. They would have been used to develop a new game, or make DLC´s for a different Relic game.
The world revolves around money, not you Alexzandvar!
12 Feb 2015, 00:37 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing the Afrika Korps, focused around vehicles, light armor, and infantry with some medium armor & Tiger 1 doctrines.
12 Feb 2015, 01:08 AM

It's so obvious that that all axis players care about is tanks. Because everyone who suggests a new german factionn completely forgets that they have no small arms left to use. More stg, schreks, and lmg42s? RElic would have to copy paste a infantry to get another faction since they used almost every combination between OKW and Wher already.
Just to annoy you, here´s a new German faction I developed within 5mins out of my mind:

HQ: Kettenkrad, Engineers, Bodentruppen, Volkssturm (random weapons like partisans).

T1 Schützen, BMW Motorbike, Opel transport, Pak 36.

T2 Marder II, Marder III, Panzer III Ausf. M, Panzer III Ausf. N, Pak38, Häuserkampf-Trupp aka close-quarters infantry.

T3 Nebelwerfer, StuH 105mm, Wirbelwind, Möbelwagen, Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV L48, Wespe SPG.

T4 Nashorn, Jagdpanther, Gebirgsjäger, Hummel SPG, Bergepanther, Instandsetzungs-Trupp.

* Infantry is mainly armed with Kar98k, upgrades: G41s, Mp 38, MG 26 t...
* For infantry-AT: Panzerfaust 100, Faustpatrone, shaped charges, Goliath.
* T4 unlocks the ability to build the 88mm Flak 36
* There´s too many units in each tier. Some units are redundant. I´m just showing all the possibilities.

You are seriously going on my nerves with your "please no Germans, everyone who disagrees is ignorant!" - attitude. Chances are super high, we won´t even see a third axis faction. And even then this crap I made up in some minutes has multiple times the potential of every fictional Japanese prototype faction you proposed. :nahnah:
12 Feb 2015, 01:21 AM

Just to annoy you, here´s a new German faction I developed within 5mins out of my mind
ITT German Fantasy Factions! :hijack:

12 Feb 2015, 02:25 AM
Patrion 14

commonwealth armies would be much more interesting for me.
12 Feb 2015, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2015, 02:25 AMpigsoup
commonwealth armies would be much more interesting for me.

I concur.
12 Feb 2015, 03:01 AM

If people are tired of seeing Germans in WWII games they should probably step outside the genre...just sayin'.
12 Feb 2015, 03:39 AM

All Japs would do is mirror the current situation for the US, no heavy tanks. They can add the British in then and have a commander that allows to call in Marine assets for the US. Plus Germans would make up any shortage of heavy tanks the Japs have in team games.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS