Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
10 Feb 2015, 23:13 PM

Japanese tanks were neither cheap nor plentiful, Japan was in the same dire situation as Germany was in late 44 due to fuel shortages. It's not that their tanks aren't tigers, it's that they are worse than literally every single medium tank currently in the game except the Command Panzer IV.

And I think almost every one can agree OKW isn't a good example of smart faction design.
I know they weren't cheap or plentiful in real life, but if they were put in game they would be cheap since you can't charge 150 fuel for a tank worse then a T34.

We can keep having this argument forever because you believe relic to be idiots who would just copy and paste the real japanse army into the game, and I believe they would be smart and actually balance them accordingly.
10 Feb 2015, 23:16 PM

By the way, I did a mock up of what a Japanese Faction could look like. It's from a while ago and I would change a few things now, but it's still good. For anyone wondering what one might look like:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/17208/omega-s-japanese-faction
10 Feb 2015, 23:22 PM

.... Everything I've said in this thread is backed up by historians, educated civil servants(Teachers) and even officers and soldiers themselves who fought in WW2. ...

I ve pointed you many historical facts like - bad equipped/obsolete polish army - and you did not say a word about it or that Poland never was a true power in Europe (I wonder which was the most powerful State around XV/XVI. I also wonder where was Canadian army - so glorified by you somewhere - in 39' when polish army was top 4/5 in the world. :lol:

Or Cavalry charging tanks with sabres :lol: :lol:
10 Feb 2015, 23:43 PM

Back to the Japs. ;) Just compare two tanks just for fun:

JPJPType 3 Chi-Nu Medium TankJPJP vs USUSM4 Sherman Medium TankUSUS

...and let prototypes out of this.

Type 3 Chi-Nu Medium Tank

Produced: 1944-1945
Number bulit: 155
Crew: 5
Length: 5,64 m
Width: 2,41 m
Height: 2,68 m
Weight: 18,8 t

Armor: 20-50mm
Main Armament: 75 mm Type 3 Tank Gun
Secondary Armament: 7,7 Type 97 Machine Gun

Speed: 39 km/h

[b]VS.

M4 Sherman Medium Tank

Produced: 1941-1945
Number bulit: 49.234
Crew: 5
Length: 5,84 m
Width: 2,62 m
Height: 2,74 m
Weight: 30,3 t

Armor: 38-76mm
Main Armament: 75 mm M3 L/40 Tank Gun
Secondary Armament: 1x .50 cal Browning M2HB Machine Gun, 2x .30-06 Browning M1919A4 Machine Guns

Speed: 40 km/h

So... I don´t see any problems with japanese tanks for CoH2. All you need is good medium tank.

What warfare in reality happened or how many tanks a country produced throughout the war is as argument invalid, cause this is an RTS Video Game. There is no realism in this game. (Have some Obers? ;))

Edit:

These arguments are often used.
Japan doesn t fit in CoH2.
They have no interesting tanks or vehicles.

Japan would be cool but sorry they have no interesting stuff.It would be just boring compared to the other factions.

I can understand those concerns. But I think every new axis faction that is not germans-only is very interesting and fascinating. :) Furthermore those speculations give the game some deepth in which direction the franchise could go.

10 Feb 2015, 23:59 PM

Even if you put the Chi-Nu in I would love to see how fun it would be to play a faction were my heaviest tank is the equivalent of the worst medium in the game.
11 Feb 2015, 00:03 AM

Even if you put the Chi-Nu in I would love to see how fun it would be to play a faction were my heaviest tank is the equivalent of the worst medium in the game.

I know that issue. I feel the same as U.S. when the Kingtiger/Tiger hits the field. But I still deal with it. :D
11 Feb 2015, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 00:03 AMCasTroy

I know that issue. I feel the same as U.S. when the Kingtiger/Tiger hits the field. But I still deal with it. :D

The Easy Eight far out classes any medium tank OKW can produce, it would be the same if say, USF has the base Sherman and only the base Sherman. You also have the Jackson, of which there is no Japanese equivalent.
11 Feb 2015, 01:16 AM

Chi-Nu spam!!!

As long as it includes real Japanese elements and not blueprint tanks or that one or few tank that never saw combat... Japan is surely not going to catch up to anyone in terms of armor, but perhaps it could succeed in other areas...
11 Feb 2015, 01:21 AM

Not really, if were talking 44' era Japs they lose out in pretty much every dept be it land, sea, or air. If they weren't an Island nation they would have lost the war long before 45.

If this was a game based around Land, Sea, and Air (while also being based in 42-43 instead of 44-45) yeah I could see a Japanese faction working, but it's a pretty well known fact Japan didn't have anything resembling a modern army.
11 Feb 2015, 01:25 AM

It's fascinating how so many of the German fanboys are against the inclusion of the Japanese into CoH2...
I personally wouldn't care what faction they introduced, just so long as it was slightly competitive and allowed so sort of shake up of the meta...
Personally, I'd love some Finns to be included for example. I'd preorder them in a flash.

@ Alexzandvar
Could you please do something about your signature? It makes reading the thread extremely difficult.
11 Feb 2015, 01:36 AM

It's fascinating how so many of the German fanboys are against the inclusion of the Japanese into CoH2...
I personally wouldn't care what faction they introduced, just so long as it was slightly competitive and allowed so sort of shake up of the meta...
Personally, I'd love some Finns to be included for example. I'd preorder them in a flash.

@ Alexzandvar
Could you please do something about your signature? It makes reading the thread extremely difficult.

Do this german fan boy title come with a cool badge? Or maybe it's just adding the Japanese wouldn't work the way COH2 is designed.

And what's the issue with my signature? It's the same size as everyone elses.
11 Feb 2015, 01:47 AM

The flashing lights and movement is more than a little annoying when you're trying to read.
The new one is slightly better. :)

11 Feb 2015, 02:06 AM

Chi-Nu spam!!!

As long as it includes real Japanese elements and not blueprint tanks or that one or few tank that never saw combat... Japan is surely not going to catch up to anyone in terms of armor, but perhaps it could succeed in other areas...

The Pacific theatre really needs an infantry-oriented RTS framework that CoH2 or even vCoH does not provide. A separate game with the CoH namesake and familiarity would be incredible though.
11 Feb 2015, 02:07 AM

It would be really fun to have COH game based around 41-42, would be a ton easier to balance to.
11 Feb 2015, 02:10 AM

It would be really fun to have COH game based around 41-42, would be a ton easier to balance to.

KV-1s would be King Tigers, :D.
11 Feb 2015, 02:16 AM

KV-1s would be King Tigers, :D.

They would also be fairly rare, and we could see some of the cool early war tanks each faction has.
11 Feb 2015, 02:18 AM

Panzer IIIs and 38(t)s are begging for an appearance in CoH.
11 Feb 2015, 02:20 AM

Iv already said that they should be given to OKW to be built from the HQ, a nice medium tank would really help reduce the amount of Panther spam.
11 Feb 2015, 02:24 AM

so my choice - USSR against Japan

You mean that time the 122mm armed IS-3 was pitted against the not-so-formidable 37mm armed Ha-Go? I'm sure the balance team will have a blast trying to figure that one out!

And that's the problem, the Japanese Army was not competetive against he USSR. Their largest and strongest land army was destroyed in 10 days. During those 10 days, Nagasaki and Hiroshima were also destroyed by atomic bombs. Hardly a competitive time for the Japanese Empire.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak