Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
11 Feb 2015, 02:32 AM

You mean that time the 122mm armed IS-3 was pitted against the not-so-formidable 37mm armed Ha-Go? I'm sure the balance team will have a blast trying to figure that one out!

Easy. Kamikaze Ha-Gos with bolted on 500lbs bombs manually triggered on collision. Make it a 150 muni upgrade, bam, done. Next?

11 Feb 2015, 03:59 AM

You mean that time the 122mm armed IS-3 was pitted against the not-so-formidable 37mm armed Ha-Go? I'm sure the balance team will have a blast trying to figure that one out!

I have shown in my post above, Japanese fraction viable.
Transbaikal Military District - a mix of pre-war and modern.

It's fascinating how so many of the German fanboys are against the inclusion of the Japanese into CoH2...
I personally wouldn't care what faction they introduced, just so long as it was slightly competitive and allowed so sort of shake up of the meta...
Personally, I'd love some Finns to be included for example. I'd preorder them in a flash.

most Axles fans are accustomed to: click-click-I won.
 fraction which is difficult to manage, requiring much more microinspection - disappoint Axis fans
11 Feb 2015, 04:08 AM

fraction which is difficult to manage, requiring much more microinspection - disappoint Axis fans

I think it's more to do with them wanting even more german factions. Also, got to keep the axis pure you know. Can't have those inferior asian factions mixing with superior aryan factions.:jk:
11 Feb 2015, 04:44 AM

I have shown in my post above, Japanese fraction viable.

Only viable if you bring in units that were never actually used in the war, by that point you could argue for the use of other tanks that never saw combat, such as the Maus.

Actually a lot of us just like our authenticity, and a Japanese faction as you outlined is a near complete work of fiction. While we're writing WW2 fiction, we might as well start bringing in units like this then:

11 Feb 2015, 05:28 AM

The Pacific theatre really needs an infantry-oriented RTS framework that CoH2 or even vCoH does not provide. A separate game with the CoH namesake and familiarity would be incredible though.

+1.

Exactly this, japs wont be added to coh2, so stop saying they wont fit in. I doubt they are adding any factions, and if they did, it would probably be the British.

Like I said in earlier post and.echoed above. Japan would be an awesome faction built in coh3 if it moved away from heavies and towards tight jungle island warefare.

It would be a completely different game to coh 1 or 2.
11 Feb 2015, 16:17 PM

Let's be honest.

The existing factions are based around armies that fought in Europe 1943-1945. British Empire is the only faction missing that can possibly compete with the existing armies.

To attempt to shoe-horn Italy, Japan or San Marino on the current meta would involve far too many concessions to fantasy. You might as well add the bloody Space Marines.
11 Feb 2015, 16:21 PM

If you give Allies one more faction, what will Axis get another German?
11 Feb 2015, 16:29 PM

Two factions are enough for Axis. A third German faction would be ridiculous.
11 Feb 2015, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 16:21 PMExardus
If you give Allies one more faction, what will Axis get another German?

An occultist faction maybe .... Thulegesellschaft or germanenorden o_O
11 Feb 2015, 17:16 PM

^
Ahnenerbe with Cthulhu and lasers from Tibet. Because... why not.
11 Feb 2015, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 17:16 PMnewvan
^
Ahnenerbe with Cthulhu and lasers from Tibet. Because... why not.

No, tibets scientists invented lasers after 1947.... everybody knows that.
So this would be historical incorrect :nahnah:
11 Feb 2015, 17:39 PM
Patrion 14

There is no reason whatsoever that they can't have a third German faction. There is plenty of unused units, game mechanics and concepts to make another truly unique German faction (and a new Soviet faction, for example).
11 Feb 2015, 17:41 PM

There is no reason whatsoever that they can't have a third German faction. There is plenty of unused units, game mechanics and concepts to make another truly unique German faction (and a new Soviet faction, for example).

This. I would really have zero problems having another soviet and another german faction as long as they play completely differently.
11 Feb 2015, 18:39 PM

I also don't think it necessary to include another axis faction if brits are to be included. As I've previously stated, a single british faction makes sense for a lot of reasons. Can borrow stuff from coh, relic had a super busy 2014, lots of other stuff seems to be in the works, etc.

If we are all agreed coh2 is now 1944ish then brits can certainly hold their own. Italians seem less likely. I do think an italian/German faction viable for gameplay. Based around invasion of sicily/italy with Italian infantry(they did have their own bad asses reforever)light tanks and spgs with German stuff plugging gaps, obviosly medium (I pray p3) and heavier. The elefant the us army has was recovered in Italy btw.... maybe tigers too but I personally wouldn't. I'd go heavier on td's and spg's.

British Commonwealth could be amazing. The doctrinal units could be pulled from all over the empire, which seems like it could be really cool. I'm thinking of how diverse monty's 8th army was in africa. That aspect of the British army could be a really neat aspect to include.
11 Feb 2015, 18:42 PM
Patrion 28

i do not want another german faction, for a LOT of reasons. if the only axis options are some kind of german faction then just don't add another axis faction; the game doesn't need it.
11 Feb 2015, 19:07 PM

Relic, if you add the USSR against Japan. I am soooo happy:
- Not German Axis faction
- new Soviets

Relic hear my prayers
11 Feb 2015, 19:12 PM

It's so obvious that that all axis players care about is tanks. Because everyone who suggests a new german factionn completely forgets that they have no small arms left to use. More stg, schreks, and lmg42s? RElic would have to copy paste a infantry to get another faction since they used almost every combination between OKW and Wher already.
11 Feb 2015, 19:13 PM

I dont think COH2 needs any more factions. A Pacific Expansion similar to AA would be cool though....
11 Feb 2015, 19:16 PM

People have already pointed out a combined German/Italian North Africa faction would work fine, especially considering even in 43 the Germans had more than enough power AT weapons to deal with things like the IS2.
11 Feb 2015, 19:16 PM

I dont think COH2 needs any more factions. A Pacific Expansion similar to AA would be cool though....

No more retarded single player expansions that take time away from the only fun part of the game please.
PAGES (23)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS