Login

russian armor

Kappatch 2

PAGES (13)down
22 Feb 2015, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 14:28 PMCruzz
Swapped Irregular LMG42 and DP28 to full power ones (100% higher DPS). Changed their squad base accuracy bonus from +15% to -10% represent lack of training and balance out squad DPS.

Irregular troops were often Soviet Soldiers that were abandoned when the Soviets retreated or were overrun, so them being decent at combat wasn't actually a bad thing. That's why old Irregulars were the best, rather than new ones that could barely fight Construction Pioneers.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 14:28 PMCruzz
(balance/bug) Removed invisible coaxial MG34 from King Tiger

It's not invisible, it's the little 'dent' on the mantle. It should be darker so it actually looks like a hole, but that's on the texture artist.

22 Feb 2015, 02:08 AM

22 Feb 2015, 02:11 AM

Huh, I didn't realise the barrel was removed in the example I posted, I thought it was just internal.

Apparently, Relic did too :P

Also what about this for Blitzkrieg?

22 Feb 2015, 08:25 AM

Irregular troops were often Soviet Soldiers that were abandoned when the Soviets retreated or were overrun, so them being decent at combat wasn't actually a bad thing. That's why old Irregulars were the best, rather than new ones that could barely fight Construction Pioneers.

Default irregulars have guard mosin nagants (40% higher dps than conscript nagants) and massively shitty LMGs. Now they're fairly close to conscript nagants (as I still left the guard nagants on them but they got a -25% nerf) but their LMGs actually do something. They made no sense before. Atleast now they're consistent. And they should be better anyway as more of their DPS is concentrated on a single weapon so losing models decreases performance less.

Huh, I didn't realise the barrel was removed in the example I posted, I thought it was just internal.

Apparently, Relic did too :P

It has no effects or audio associated with it, whether or not the vehicle actually had one in real life doesn't really matter here as it most certainly does not exist in the ingame model.

Also what about this for Blitzkrieg?

In combat checks are notoriously inaccurate, and I have an issue in general with having a Heavy move around the battlefield like an F1.
22 Feb 2015, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2015, 08:25 AMCruzz
Default irregulars have guard mosin nagants (40% higher dps than conscript nagants) and massively shitty LMGs. Now they're fairly close to conscript nagants (as I still left the guard nagants on them but they got a -25% nerf) but their LMGs actually do something. They made no sense before. Atleast now they're consistent. And they should be better anyway as more of their DPS is concentrated on a single weapon so losing models decreases performance less.

I understand, I'm just being a history nerd and explaining why Irregulars don't have to be crappy budget infantry. Originally if you played smart enough, you could take on LMG Grenadiers with 'em.

It has no effects or audio associated with it, whether or not the vehicle actually had one in real life doesn't really matter here as it most certainly does not exist in the ingame model.

Oh I see, I never noticed that, King Tiger's are too much of a shock to be looking for things like that.

In combat checks are notoriously inaccurate, and I have an issue in general with having a Heavy move around the battlefield like an F1.

Same here, I meant for existing Blitz. That and engine overheat for Combat Blitz (aka we couldn't think of anything but rocket engines) so there's more of a risk / reward to using it. T-34 ram has engine overheat and it's much more risky and situational than blitz ever was.
22 Feb 2015, 16:31 PM

Hi Cruzz!

"Split some received accuracy bonuses into a cover component?"

You mean received accuracy vet bonuses would just be applied if units are in cover?

If yes, I really love this idea, seriously. Any plans on how will you do it?
22 Feb 2015, 16:55 PM

Hi Cruzz!
You mean received accuracy vet bonuses would just be applied if units are in cover?

If yes, I really love this idea, seriously. Any plans on how will you do it?

Bonuses in cover is easy enough, it's the exact same logic with which camouflage is applied to snipers etc.

The hard part is applying the correct values to every single infantry squad's each veterancy level. And dealing with the balance issues created by adding sandbags to ostheer grens and USF riflemen.
22 Feb 2015, 17:06 PM

I get it, the idea is certainly interesting, basically building up layers using the game's existing mechanics + no more super heroes everytime.

Cool! keep up the good work, hopefully relic applies some of those changes to the game itself!
23 Feb 2015, 10:15 AM

Having now done a list of the received accuracy bonuses, not really sure if doing a game wide change on this is actually wise or not. Maybe it's really just a question of adjusting a few OKW units because honestly they're the only ones with values high enough to make this kind of change needed.

Current received accuracy bonuses:

Conscript vet0 -8.7%
Conscript vet3 23%
Penal vet3 23%
Irregular vet3 23%
partisan vet3 23%
Guards vet2 17%
Guards vet3 23%
AssGuards vet2 29%
Shock vet2 17%

Grenadiers vet0 9%
Grenadiers vet3 23%
PGrens vet0 20%
PGrens vet2 29%
Assgrens vet2 29%
Ostruppen vet0 -25%
Ostruppen vet3 28.5%
Puma Ostruppen vet3 28.5%
Officer vet2 23%
Stormtroopers vet0 25%
Stormtroopers vet3 29%

Riflemen vet0 3%
Riflemen vet2 23%
Rear ech vet3 23%
Lieut vet1 10%
Lieut vet2 29%
Captain vet2 29%
Major vet2 29%
AssEngy vet2 29%
Pathfinder vet2 29%
Paras vet3 29%

Sturmpio vet0 13%
Sturmpio vet2 23%
Sturmpio vet4 23%
Volks vet1 10%
Volks vet3 10%
Volks vet5 29%
Obersoldaten vet0 30%
Obersoldaten vet3 29%
Obersoldaten vet4 29%
Panzerfus vet3 23%
Jaeger vet0 20%
Jaeger vet2 29%
Jaeger vet5 29%
Fallschirm vet0 13%
Fallschirm vet2 29%

Option 1: Ignore vet0 bonus, halve all further bonuses to 50:50 cover/regular bonus. A lot of work.

Option 2: Ignore vet0 bonus AND the single highest veterancy bonus (as all units mostly share the same sort of values), split 50:50. A LOT less work as only units to be changed will then be guards, lieutenant, and OKW.

Option 3: Just acknowledge this really is an OKW issue and change Sturmpio vet4, Volks vet5, Obersoldaten vet4, Jaeger vet5 purely to a cover bonus. Or just remove those bonuses completely...very quick to do either way.

Option 4: Change all bonuses to 50:50, large effect on early game, huge amount of work

Option 5: Change all bonuses to require cover, fairly quick because I can just search and replace the files then. Atleast if I can find a program that can handle 20+ line regexps properly). Huge balance effect.

Option ?: ?
23 Feb 2015, 10:24 AM

Really I think Option 3 is the only one necessary. Nobody complains that accuracy bonuses on Panzergrenadiers is OP, but OKW is the one that gets stacks on stacks. OKW's manpower bleed is pitiful when you combine cheap core infantry with ultra-durable vet across the board.
23 Feb 2015, 10:29 AM
Patrion 28

you could also just remove vet 4 and 5 and cram the abilities from vet 4 into vet 3 for OKW. having a shit ton of possible vet isn't representative of a highly trained army, it's a shitty trained one with more room to grow. having thought about it some, i think OKW should have 2 levels of vet with the vet1 bonuses available from the start.
23 Feb 2015, 10:32 AM

Looking at the OKW values makes me want to punch relics balance team in the face.
I'd say its the 3rd option here.
Osttruppen have a reason to scale that good, but its not secret that OKW vet values introduce meaningful imbalance late game in infantry fight.
23 Feb 2015, 15:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Option 3: vet4-5 should be utility, not plain simple unit stats buffs.
23 Feb 2015, 15:29 PM

hey cruzz! great mod.

hypothetical question...
if you were to make one single balance change to get the current coh2 client to a more balanced state, what would you do?

just wondering :)
23 Feb 2015, 18:31 PM

hey cruzz! great mod.

hypothetical question...
if you were to make one single balance change to get the current coh2 client to a more balanced state, what would you do?

just wondering :)

The "one change" that would make the most sense would be fixing the call-in meta, but if you just implement what I did (or any other choice for the matter), you just fuck over Soviets vs OKW and Ostheer vs USF, you don't actually fix anything, both of the eastern front factions need buffs as soon as the completely broken part of the equation that is call-ins is fixed.

So ignoring that, I guess the next obvious choice would be...nerfing Ober DPS to a reasonable level, atleast that would improve every single game with OKW.
23 Feb 2015, 18:45 PM

Hi Cruzz,

I agree with those guys, option 3 might be the only one necessary but I still think adding vet bonuses to cover would be an interesting game mechanic.

But since one of your goals is to keep the same gameplay style as the main game but with a few wise gameplay balance changes, I'd say just do the option 3 then or something else, because this change is interesting but would change gameplay quite a lot.

Just my 2cents :)

Piero
26 Feb 2015, 16:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Have or could you make mortars stand further apart when set up? They really to bunch up to 1 person and i havent really found a way to space them out when set up. Apart from pushing them
26 Feb 2015, 21:39 PM

Would you consider replacing T-34/76 with 85 in the main lineup? Without additional gating, as Panzer IV still maintains cheaper cost, better armor, better support abilities, better veterancy and better surrounding AT units not the least of which being Panzerschreck infantry?
26 Feb 2015, 22:37 PM

I disagree, that would only enforce the idea that Ost T3 is combat ineffective and that you need Tigers or Panthers to stay on the field. With the Panzer IV being effortlessly shredded by Jacksons, it's only saving grace is that it's still the best stock medium when Jacksons aren't around. Take that away, and why would you want it? It loses to Soviet tanks, it loses to American armour, by trying to solve the T-34/76 problem, you just shifted it onto the Panzer IV.
26 Feb 2015, 23:24 PM

Small update again...well, actually a freaking huge one in terms of files changed, but the actual effects are really minimal and just taught me about a fun new "feature" in the engine that I will make a forum post about in a bit.

Balance:

Ostheer medkits now usable on self and heal 56hp over 8 seconds (previously 40 over 10 seconds), but now interrupting the animation will also stop the healing.

Soviet 45mm gun health to 350 (230), DSHK HMG gun health to 350 (300), .50 cal HMG gun health to 350 (300)

Added 4% received accuracy modifier to assgrens (regular grens 9%).

Reduced Ostruppen received accuracy debuff to 19% (25%) but added it to the Puma Ostruppen as well.

All infantry grenade abilities have gotten their vertical traverse increased from 40/45 to 60 degrees so you can throw them to higher elevation.

Panzerfusilier AT nade fire angle from 5 to 15 (matches other similar abilities)

Weapon Consistency:

USF weapon crew garand damage halved (16 --> 8) to match riflemen garand, other stats adjusted to compensate.

Pathfinder Scoped Garand now reloads as often as rifleman Garand, winddown increased by 0.1 seconds to balance out DPS. Moving accuracy from 0.1 to 0.4 (rifleman garand 0.6), moving cooldown modifier from 1 to 1.25 (same as rifleman garand).

Partisans use Conscript PPSH (slight buff at point blank range) instead of their half damage double firerate original ppsh.

Ostheer weapon crew MP40 damage per bullet doubled to match Pioneer MP40, other stats adjusted to compensate

Priest .50 cal damage per bullet doubled to 8, accuracy adjusted downwards (overall still a buff to the weapon, no reason it should be half the strength of other .50 cals)

Walking Stuka forward MG damage per bullet from 1.75 to 4, accuracy adjusted downwards (as with Priest)

Bugfixes:

Changed vehicle pathfinding sizes to be closer to reality. Generally speaking nearly all vehicles are a lot longer as far as pathfinding goes than they were before, widths were only adjusted a bit apart from fixing a bunch of bugged values. Unfortunately this change has no actual effect on phasing, but solves a couple of minor issues like Brummbar not fitting anywhere (huge width value previously). And all was largely for naught due to a fun feature I ran into after already making the changes :foreveralone:

Actual numerical values of vehicle sizes here (second tab for changed values): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LpyKOpWTw58KCQeOtmE-xwObxblePZX8JB2Gxb-7efc/edit?usp=sharing

Ostheer Luftwaffe supply drop now has an ingame model so you can hear plane sounds

Assault Engineers now build Murican caches instead of Soviet ones (just lets rear echelons join in on building them, statistically identical).

DSHK HMG, .50 cal HMG weapon priority to -100 (0) to match all other team weapons. No more pak sniperino on these squads hopefully.

Fixed Puma Ostruppen veterancy to give received accuracy instead of armor

Visual/Audio:

Added Brew Up death animation to Ostheer Puma, Panther, Ostheer PIV & Command, OKW PIV, OKW Command Panther, M10, M36

Would you consider replacing T-34/76 with 85 in the main lineup? Without additional gating, as Panzer IV still maintains cheaper cost, better armor, better support abilities, better veterancy and better surrounding AT units not the least of which being Panzerschreck infantry?

No, not as a straight replacement anyway. Not only would it remove a unit completely from the game as there is no point in getting t34/76 if you have straight access to t34/85s, the 800hp pool is too unbalancing early on due to easily being able to brute force through antitank guns with it. If I were to add them I'd require both T3 and T4 for them.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS