Login

russian armor

Kappatch 2

PAGES (13)down
6 Feb 2015, 15:59 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 15:32 PMBryan
Cheers Cruzz.

Any chance you could add the hold fire feature to all units in the game? Nothing worse then your shrecks firing at a rear echelon squad because they pop around the corner 1 second before the sherman or your tank turret facing the wrong direction when you turn the corner to get on the flank of a tank.

Especially for Falls/JLI I miss this feature. They are able to cloak but don't get the ability to hold fire. Makes cloak a bit pointless.

Is it possible to make the shreck/zook/PTRS holding models shoot at tanks only BTW?
7 Feb 2015, 17:58 PM

how do i get this mod to work? i seem to have two kappatchs
7 Feb 2015, 18:10 PM

how do i get this mod to work? i seem to have two kappatchs

There are two versions AFAIK; the first is 'balance' stuff and the second adds some more experimental changes.

Just select whichever you want from the drop-down menu in a lobby.
7 Feb 2015, 18:15 PM

There are two versions AFAIK; the first is 'balance' stuff and the second adds some more experimental changes.

Just select whichever you want from the drop-down menu in a lobby.

Thanks. how do i know when i load into the game that the mod works? is there anything that i can do to immediately see that i have it correctly installed
8 Feb 2015, 05:05 AM
Patrion 27

Thanks. how do i know when i load into the game that the mod works? is there anything that i can do to immediately see that i have it correctly installed

When you make a custom game click on Options then go to Tuning Pack and select Kappatch. The problem is I see two identical Kappatchs.
8 Feb 2015, 07:04 AM

When you make a custom game click on Options then go to Tuning Pack and select Kappatch. The problem is I see two identical Kappatchs.

SAME HERE
8 Feb 2015, 07:18 AM
Patrion 27

SAME HERE

If one is the old version I guess we could just pick one start a game as usf or okw and check for the mortar then pick that one from then on.
8 Feb 2015, 08:32 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Grens can be spawned from HQ as Wehr in Kappatch 2 and Pios cost less. Probably the fastest way to check
8 Feb 2015, 10:47 AM

The old version shouldn't have an image showing while in the workshop menu ingame. If an imaged version is showing up twice then the workshop is bugging out.

Still no updated mod tools. And I like how someone already posted a guide that actually does the PIV change properly by swapping out all the fx effects that are broken by the directory change while Relic just did a superlazy change ignoring everything that breaks. :foreveralone:
8 Feb 2015, 11:00 AM

:D

Relic are very lazy when it comes to updating AE. I really don't know why they can't just update it after every patch. It just makes life harder for us because we don't have access to updated abilities =/

And yes, I thought I'd put up a quick guide as a stopgap. Lord knows how long it'll be until the next patch.
8 Feb 2015, 11:17 AM

In Cruzz we trust
13 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

Quality of Life:

Made a new turn plan for light vehicles which I'm considering applying to all vehicles eventually (with appropriate changes, anyway). Weird 360 turns should no longer happen, and vehicles should prefer making turns over pivoting, speeding them up in corners.
Affects WC51, Ambulance, M20, 222, Opel blitz truck, puma (both), Kubel, m3a1. Greyhound is a comparison vehicle that still uses original Relic turn plan, if you want to compare to the original pathing weights.

Made a new turn plan for USF AA HT which makes it prefer moving in reverse for a bit longer, seemed unreasonable for a rear mount to have exactly the same reverse behaviour as other vehicles.

General pathfinding values that apply to ALL vehicles:
Right of way 4 --> 3 (less aggressive moving out of the way for friendly units)
facing turn weighting 1.5 --> 2 (prefer pathing in current direction more)
facing turn penalty distance 15 --> 100 (movement distance above which current direction is no longer considered for pathing)

Balance:

Normalized Puma acceleration values for Ostheer and OKW puma, acceleration 4, deceleration 5 for both (OKW was higher, ostheer was significantly lower)

Implemented a bunch of february patch changes (mortar vet, pak40/43 stun shot, other minor changes) where applicable and not interfering with my previous changes. Patch changes that definitely won't be implemented: For Mother Russia buff, Pack Howitzer vet2 nerf

Added a minor 10% deflection damage value to AT-guns and tank destroyers (M10, Jackson, SU85, ISU AT, JagdPIV, Puma, Panther, Stug G). Won't affect much except for killing heavies with super low health.

USF M3 halftrack health increased to 320hp (200hp) to match other faction reinforcement halftracks.

Withdraw and Refit refund increased to 85% from 75%. Also fixed WC51 fuel cost for refunding purposes.

Increased USF Ambulance acceleration to 1.7 (1.3).

Bugfixes:

Fixed Ostheer PIV firing animations for main gun. Can't help Command Tank stub gun projectile appearing too far out, Relic did not add a marker for the shorter gun so forced to use the long gun version.

Bugfixes for my own changes:

Fixed Ostheer Puma call-in requirements
13 Feb 2015, 21:11 PM
Donator 11

Would you mind changing the Obersoldaten LMG firing position to prone? As it stands they dont fire on the move anyway and nobody would seriously shoot an LMG from the hip^^

Or if its possible - only let them shoot from the hip when the target is close?

On a side note: Someone some time ago suggested a rename for the Obers. That would really make sense for all the german players here since "Obersoldaten" souds really damn silly in german.
"Ober geil" would translate to "super cool" in a childish way in german which makes "Obersoldaten" sound somewhat like "Superdupersoldier"...

"Waffen SS" or "Kreuzträger" or "Sturmbrigade" would sound much more convincing;)

Anyway: Keep up the great work!
13 Feb 2015, 21:35 PM

Would you mind changing the Obersoldaten LMG firing position to prone? As it stands they dont fire on the move anyway and nobody would seriously shoot an LMG from the hip^^

Or if its possible - only let them shoot from the hip when the target is close?

Prone fire would probably look better, and has no real gameplay implications, so will look into it next time I'm updating. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but Relic's animations work in mysterious ways.

On a side note: Someone some time ago suggested a rename for the Obers. That would really make sense for all the german players here since "Obersoldaten" souds really damn silly in german.
"Ober geil" would translate to "super cool" in a childish way in german which makes "Obersoldaten" sound somewhat like "Superdupersoldier"...

"Waffen SS" or "Kreuzträger" or "Sturmbrigade" would sound much more convincing;)

There are additional, unused audio lines available for production etc. if you rename them "Honor Guard", which I assume was their name at some point in development as its referenced to a lot in the game files. Whether that name would actually be much of an improvement in terms of silliness, I can't really say. :foreveralone:
13 Feb 2015, 21:36 PM
Donator 33

It's not very realistic but you have to admit that they look badass :D

13 Feb 2015, 21:41 PM

It's not very realistic but you have to admit that they look badass :D

Keeping up sniper-like accuracy while doing that shows they truly are the Fatherland's finest :foreveralone:
13 Feb 2015, 21:45 PM
Patrion 28

each bullet is a designator for a precision strike missile.
13 Feb 2015, 22:22 PM
Donator 11

Hahaha isnt Stallone italian?

That has to mean Osttruppen need the MG34! Cruzz! I demand you givz dem se Obers MG! So we can have REAL Stallone in da game!

;)
13 Feb 2015, 23:03 PM

German Machine Gunners did use hipfire (sturmfeuer) when they didn't have another option (such as being in tall grass, or coming under fire while moving). But they wouldn't hit anything at long range like that, it was mostly for suppression.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 21:35 PMCruzz
There are additional, unused audio lines available for production etc. if you rename them "Honor Guard", which I assume was their name at some point in development as its referenced to a lot in the game files. Whether that name would actually be much of an improvement in terms of silliness, I can't really say. :foreveralone:

I vote for Honor Guard:P I dunno why they changed it, it sounds way better (to me anyway) and Volksgrenadiers already refer to them as the "Honor Guard" in their idle chatter. Plus you say that have audio lines, which sounds good to be since currently they only use generic lines from both the commander and themselves.
14 Feb 2015, 13:39 PM
Donator 11

Ps: Honour Guard is a nice name indeed!
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak